+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Shade and Time frame question

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

Default The Shade and Time frame question

I am trying to come up with a back story for one of my characters for RPing purposes and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

How long ago did the shade come to Telara? Trying to figure out what the time frame is from the time the Kelari left their island to the current time.

If someone knows great, or knows where to point me. Thanks a bunch

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

The Shade is the event in which there are still unknowns. The Shade unleased Regulous' power on Telara. It was caused by a weakening in the ward by a son of the king of Mathosians.

It may also be the time when Telara was destroyed or a split in the timeline of defiant.

After all, when Asha was called to Regulos, he was gonna make her suffer for refusing him. He split her soul.

It's my belief one of those souls was ascended with the magic of The Virgil. The other soul went with a different timeline. Whether or not The Shade was part of the destruction of Telara during that one timeline is unknown.

Kelari were elves that split from the elf population and eventually joined the defiant faction. They were in all probability a secret cult amoung the elven population during the Age of Dragons.

The Age of Dragons probably goes back to after the formation of Telara when the Blood Storm gods fought each other for control of Telara. That started the Blood Storm war.

The Shade is the event in which Aedraxis Mathos (son of King Jostir) called Regulos and weakened the ward surrounding Telara. The event was the leaking of Regulos' power into Telara.

This occured centuries after the Bloodstorm war. Telara was doing fun with the Mathosian rule until King Jostir died "80 years ago."

Timelines can get a bit fuzzy so I may be a bit off. Take a gander at Telarapedia with their timeline history.

The shade happened 80 years ago, no? This is outright stated in the article on official site.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

Thats right, the shade did happen 80 years ago, I even read the comic that described it...talk about a brainfart. Thanks. I will look through the Telarapedia though I sometimes forget about that site

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

+ Reply to Thread