+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Planetouched Wilds and the Ether

Default Planetouched Wilds and the Ether

With the new intro questline up on PTS, I wanted to ask for clarity regarding some questions:

• Did the Shade cause PTW to fade into the Ether? If not, was it just rift instability or something far more sinister?
    • Is the Ether outside the Planes entirely, or on the edges of one (such as the Plane of Water, which seems feasible considering that a Ghar researcher in Tarken found PTW)?
    • Were the Mercenaries of Woe the Bahmi in the Shade War, fighting for the Defiants?
    • Why are the Tenebreans so interested in PTW, of any place that was part of Telara? Why not the prisons of the dragons, or major cities? (My guess is sourcestone. Lots and lots of sourcestone.)
    That's all I can come up with right now. But good job so far on the questline!

(Side note: I will forever remember Cliffside Vale as the first zone ever, even with the dawn of PTW's opening. No offense!)

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I've been taking screen shots of what could be Lore snippets on the chance Lore Hounds more qualified than i'll ever be can sniff out some details

Rahn Chuluun:

Tam Daggerborne:

Fayne Doran:

Also, slightly unrelated to PTW, but you got to love Lord Arak and his insults to us

I love Lord Arak's snark...

... and THEN there's the Cruel Hecklers from later in the questline.

"Oh look, ANOTHER naked Ascended... when are you going to start dancing?"

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I love Lord Arak's snark...

... and THEN there's the Cruel Hecklers from later in the questline.

"Oh look, ANOTHER naked Ascended... when are you going to start dancing?"
    Answer to that: "When you put in a mailbox."

[And thanks Slippy for posting those - I can't afford the download bw, so can't do PTS, and my knickers are SERIOUSLY twisted due to that issue.... I WANT to see it NAOWWWW.... *sigh* And it really sounds like a whole wonderful new world of lore, the PTW and the Bahmi....]
    Last edited by Narcise; 07-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

There's also Planetouched Wilds artifact sets on the PTS:

Gives more potential lore info. The 'Jad' seems like an enemy (cause they hunt Sky Leviathans, assumed to be the skywhales). Shal Korva is a Keep. There's also Fae; and it seem the Bahmi of the Wilds have some way of traveling between planes without an Infinity Gate.

Haha ok so they were like what - a floating/phased out region that roamed the planes? LOL WOW Haha cool. I don't know what to say. Am I wrong? This is so cool haha.

I want to be Bahmi now!

Are primalists like, um, some ability to shift into forms of the planes (elements)?

Haha I love this haha.

Ok, done.

So is Telarapedia wrong? Or is the arti set wrong? Telarapedia says "Shalastiri", the arti set shows "Shalistiri". Kind of important to get it right since they apparently are the progenitors of the Bahmi (interbreeding with humans - Mathosians and Eth I guess?) as a race (who obviously have taken their name from the prince - Bahmi - who was their leader at the time they came to Telara).

For some reason, the Bahmi of all the races available to play is the one that gets me going. Seems strange, since I'm not over-happy with the way they look.... My new fems are growing on me. Slowly. As with any playable race in any game, I have zero use for the males....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Haha ok so they were like what - a floating/phased out region that roamed the planes? LOL WOW Haha cool. I don't know what to say. Am I wrong? This is so cool haha.
    My guess is that parts of the Plane of Air are probably just massive islands floating in the air; and perhaps Crucia (or some greater being) keeps everything afloat. Maybe there's some kind of special resource or magic that keeps them afloat. The Bahmi rejected Crucia's tyranny, so she probably pulled this resource from them.

That would explain why there's still floating rocks in Planetouched Wilds - probably cause they still have a tiny amount of this resource left. Hell, maybe the massive amounts of crystals in the zone are the resource they need and they continuously mine it in the hopes of refloating their great keep and traveling the planes again.

Also found two additional artifact sets related to PTW:

This probably explains why the leaked Kubara Sakti dimension item is mentioned by Dead Simon to be for a future update.

Rhinenahyrcaros!

There's also an artifact set regarding this "Teth" fellow. It claims he's an ascended soul from the Tenebreans.

"An Ascended soul from the mysterious Tenebreans, all of Teth's reincarnated form share the same evil soul as well as the name."

The second half of the statement is confusing because I think there is grammatical errors in it.
    I'm assuming "form" is support to be pluralized.

Also it's just a regular artifact set, not an unstable or twisted.

This quest line is also the first time the game has mentioned an "Ether". It's hard to gauge how this Ether fits into the Rift universe because we barely know how the planes and reality work, let alone new stuff.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

This stuff is giving me goosebumps.

In my culture whales are the bringers of creation and hold the ki's (codes, languages, songs) - to the planes where our ancestors keep the seeds of knowledge like a library(ether.) Whales sing the skies and waters for these seeds to find there way into our Earth carried far and wide by the Birds and animals so Tree's that bare the fruits of love and wisdom of ages may grow.

Saying this in one paragraph does not do the many stories/exchanges or my culture any justice but long story short, I'm freaking excited lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

In my culture whales are the bringers of creation and hold the ki's (codes, languages, songs) - to the planes where our ancestors keep the seeds of knowledge like a library(ether.) Whales sing the skies and waters for these seeds to find there way into our Earth carried far and wide by the Birds and animals so Tree's that bare the fruits of love and wisdom of ages may grow.

Saying this in one paragraph does not do the many stories/exchanges or my culture any justice but long story short, I'm freaking excited lol.
    While my own culture is pretty much pure European Caucasian (of various versions, mostly Scots/Irish Celt, but with some English and German) I have a lot of interest in other cultures. And this whole thing just gives me shimblenidders - seriously, NOTHING in TOMMO ever came close to making me drool the way this is. I can visualize so many horizons for this.... It will be like Christmas and all the birthdays there ever were!
    Last edited by Narcise; 07-05-2015 at 04:14 PM.

The Ether is, from what I've inferred, the space outside of the Planes - sort of like space, but a place where nothing truly exists. Think of the Planes and Telara as 6 spheres (the planes) intersecting in a sphere at the center (Telara, which we know was formed at the intersection of the planes). Now, think of what is outside the planes. That's the Ether.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    shimblenidders..
    Lol, putting into my vocab for future use

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmoon View Post
    The Ether is, from what I've inferred, the space outside of the Planes - sort of like space, but a place where nothing truly exists.
    Yessss also known as the void that burns so bright and so light it appears black. It is the breath before the dawn and the center of the heart where dreams gather...

Yep shimblenidders.

Lol, putting into my vocab for future use

Yessss also known as the void that burns so bright and so light it appears black. It is the breath before the dawn and the center of the heart where dreams gather...

Yep shimblenidders.
    Thank you! Yeah, I made that up. If you look it up on google, the only entries you'll find date back to 2004 - all forum entries from various places, all of them "me" in various incarnations. By that time I'd been using it in various stuff I wrote since I was about 5 - so.... that would be 1952.

I define it as the worst of the sort of grue shivers you get when you're scared ****less crossed on gooseflesh like you get when you're so cold you're pretty sure you're not going to live over it.
    Last edited by Narcise; 07-05-2015 at 05:09 PM.

One of the Sky Leviathans' artifacts is "Songs of Distant Planes". Perhaps we'll get Siren-like songs, but from the whales! :O

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    There's also an artifact set regarding this "Teth" fellow. It claims he's an ascended soul from the Tenebreans.

"An Ascended soul from the mysterious Tenebreans, all of Teth's reincarnated form share the same evil soul as well as the name."
    Nice find hardy! The artifacts themselves are rather interesting. It seems he started off as an Archean Slime, then a Wriggling Worm, Tiny Dog, Passive Aggressive Babaroo, Officious Bureaucratic Sentient Insect...and finally, a "World Ending Dragon" known as Teth Dahaka.

Wonder if we'll see him throughout the Planetouched Wilds in his various forms. Perhaps we'll defeat each one as we progress through a side story.
    Last edited by Jonus; 07-05-2015 at 05:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast