+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Manugo conspiracy

Default Manugo conspiracy

Upon entering the Glacial Maw expert you can hear one of the NPCs there talking about the manugo conspiracy.Can anyone explain what is this consiracy?
    Is playing manugo so addicting that can be turned against us? And if so who created it and for what cause?
    (Can't seem to remember something in the story plot in Tarken)

I think it's the conspiracy that Manugo is used as a sort of clickbait to dominate the minds of those who play it into a neverending vicious cycle of continuing to press the button.

...Or it's that there isn't a Manugo constant. One of the two.

Actually I think the conspiracy is that it's meant to drive people mad and toward Akvan worship.

This seems likely considering the context of the Ghar and Cosmologist Mann.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

We will delve a little more into Manugo in the Nightmare Saga. But just be prepared for more questions.

Fact that I'll probably never get to explore in game. Did you know that the Decanters that produce Ghar Station Tau residents maintain genetic diversity by utilizing the current Manugo number as a random seed?

Rift Disciple

You poor blind people are brainwashed by your Trionist government. You refuse to see the truth, to delve into what is an obvious system to control your thoughts, your pocketbooks, and your playtime.

It's all there in the evil Manugo machine. You've heard people talk about the "number going up"? That's the amount of control they're exerting over the populace. Did you know that if you expand the square roots for the day's ending Manugo numbers for each month in a telescoping series, it gives the exact coordinates of Tau Ceti?

At exactly 2pm server time every day, the Manugo numbers correspond to market data from the auction house, as well as translating to an anagram of 'Ocho was here'. They're planting subliminal data into our heads, manipulating markets, running us around in circles for their own amusement, and you all just keep pressing the button like some horrible Skinner Box for a shiny bit of platinum.

I'm currently working on a theory that you can plot the succession of Trion devs through Manugo numbers. I'll be publishing my research soon, to blow a lid off this terrifying conspiracy.

Every time you interact with a Manugo machine, you're becoming more 'them' and less 'you'! Shun! Shun the evil machine and it's Lizard Men masters! Rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor
    Did you know that the Decanters that produce Ghar Station Tau residents maintain genetic diversity by utilizing the current Manugo number as a random seed?
    Shut it, Trionist. There's nothing "random" about Lizard People from Tau Ceti. Your reign will end!
    Last edited by Koraii; 06-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraii View Post
    I'm currently working on a theory that you can plot the succession of Trion devs through Manugo numbers. I'll be publishing my research soon, to blow a lid off this terrifying conspiracy.
    *wonders briefly if there's a way she can hack the system to get added as a candidate for Trion devhood*

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Fact that I'll probably never get to explore in game. Did you know that the Decanters that produce Ghar Station Tau residents maintain genetic diversity by utilizing the current Manugo number as a random seed?
    Considering that we know the space of potential Manugo numbers is rather large, and that thanks to odd cosmic forces the current Manugo number resets to 1 every Wednesday (and sometimes more frequently), the quality of those random numbers is going to be rather poor.

I wouldn't want to be a genetic descendant of any of those residents. Especially if my genetic lineage included several people who's decanter cycles started on a Wednesday...

We will delve a little more into Manugo in the Nightmare Saga. But just be prepared for more questions.
    Is it something along the lines of, if we don't press the Manugo button every 108 minutes the world will end?

But just be prepared for more questions.
    Oh THAT'S surprising. >.>

You should get Trion to hire someone part-time or something to just copy and paste your lore notes and make them books. Then slap them in the game on a vendor or something.
    I mean sure, you'd NEVER just copy/paste your notes to a book in-game without thoroughly going over it, but I'm willing to take a few spelling errors to get that lore in-game where you'd otherwise not be able to.

Manugo is a established alternate source of power for Ghar magitech. How exactly this is supposed to exist within reason is up for debate.

also

MOAR MANUGO!
    Zenahk@Laethys

The first boss in Glacial Maw has a typo in it's dialogue as you make your approach...

"Parisite"

Trion, pls.

I'm on to this Manugo conspiracy involving icy Akvan drakes with typos concerning their complaints!
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    The first boss in Glacial Maw has a typo in it's dialogue as you make your approach...

"Parisite"

Trion, pls.

I'm on to this Manugo conspiracy involving icy Akvan drakes with typos concerning their complaints!
    Their spelling and grammar in this game is truly atrocious. No excuse. I see the mistakes regularly.

The story content itself has gotten better and better, mind you, but the spelling and grammar...

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Their spelling and grammar in this game is truly atrocious. No excuse. I see the mistakes regularly.

The story content itself has gotten better and better, mind you, but the spelling and grammar...
    Trion should just hire me on to skim read for mistakes...
    For the low, low fee of ONE MILLION CREDITS.

Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    Trion should just hire me on to skim read for mistakes...
    For the low, low fee of ONE MILLION CREDITS.
    I've already seen what 106k credits is like on a single account... but 1 million?

*phhhbbt*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast