+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shmorezilla
  • 1 Post By Shmorezilla
  • 1 Post By Shmorezilla
  • 1 Post By Meowy

Thread: Empyrean Alliance creating their own ward.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default Empyrean Alliance creating their own ward.

    In short the ward itself is is drained and powered by the bloodstorm dragons who are imprisoned in telara. Currently in our current timeline the only thing left I can think of that is powering whats left of the ward is what is imprisoned below Akylios from the short story about the runebounds.

    I was wondering 5 elemental lords (bloodstorm dragons) alone could maintain the ward. We as ascended are up to the point where we are kicking butt beings that are same or stronger than the blood dragons.

    I wonder could the ascended army not just capture other beings same power level as the bloodstorm dragons and let the empyrean alliance create a new ward using their technology?

    And what technology you might ask, like the overseer in necropolis but on a telaran wide power using new powerful beings as power source.
    Last edited by Shmorezilla; 05-19-2015 at 04:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Master IonCannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmorezilla View Post
    In short the ward itself is is drained and powered by the bloodstorm dragons who are imprisoned in telara. Currently in our current timeline the only thing left I can think of that is powering whats left of the ward is what is imprisoned below Akylios from the short story about the runebounds.

    I was wondering 5 elemental lords (bloodstorm dragons) alone could maintain the ward. We as ascended are up to the point where we are kicking butt beings that are same or stronger than the blood dragons.

    I wonder could the ascended army not just capture other beings same power level as the bloodstorm dragons and let the empyrean alliance create a new ward using their technology?

    And what technology you might ask, like the overseer in necropolis but on a telaran wide power using new powerful beings as power source.

    Not to poke a bunch of holes in your line of thought:

    1] What makes you say that the 5 members of the BloodStorm that were imprisoned powered the ward? It was erected by the Vigil and presumably powered by them as well.

    2] Capturing being on the same level as the Bloodstorm is probably near impossible as they all seem willing to fight to the death.

    3] If your looking for a power source for a Ward, Telara itself could likely power it since its core is made of sourcestone.

    IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

  3. #3
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Pretty sure the ward was made by the Vigil. I don't know, lore wise, if anyone person or group on Telara could re-create that tech or whatever it is.

    Also...In terms of writing. The ward was really just a plot device to justify and explain rifts in the games zones.
    After that, the story and Trion never really talked about it again. So at this point, it could be gone for all we know, it doesn't really matter. lol

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291

    Default

    The ward was erected by the Vigil with the help of mortals. The ward stones around the planet helped power it, but the main source of its creation and power were never really fully discussed. All we were told was that it was made to keep the Dragon of Death out. The other dragons were not powering it, they were in their own prisons that were created to hold them.

    The idea that the ward was actually created to keep "something else" inside, rather than keeping something out, was raised in the most recent story on the website. It's an interesting idea, and one I get the feeling CC is gonna play with soon.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Sorry I dont know how to use the "Quote" thing

    This is stated in another thread about the ward thread
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...0360-ward.html

    "The ward falling with its current state of lore is correct.

    The ward itself around mathosia was in part forged by the imprisonment of the dragons. When the shade happened the ward was severely weakened. This is what put us at risk of the dragons again as it also weakened their imprisonment.

    Hylas also knew this and is why he set out to free greenscale from his prison. However, once the seal on his prison was broken, we had no choice but to confront a greenscale himself (keep in mind the dragons are actually weakened from having been in prison so long, we would not have won so easily otherwise).

    Then we fight alsbeth, and regulos mentions after killing her that she is keeping us busy while...he attends to other things (infinity gate anyone?). He also mentions every dragon we kill brings him one step closer to his goal (destroying the ward).

    Conveniently we destroyed laethys who's prison was actually shattered before ID (she snuck out very creatively by melting her avatar down into gold in the instance charmers caldera--you dont see it but thats where she was imprisoned--was scattered and then the golden maw brought to mount carcera.

    She, the wonton army and the golden maw free maelforge. So we didn't break their seals, but we have to kill them as well. Crucia is the last dragon imprisoned....but why?

    Remember in the war of the bloodstorm mathosians defeated regulos's dragon and sent his weakened spirit beyond the ward. The other dragons were then swiftly imprisoned and the ward constructed. You'll find out more about this in endless eclipse as to what happened to regulos.

    Crucia, in "exodus of the storm queen" her imprisonment was the final nail that remained to keep the ward in tact. With her release the ward is literally unraveling at this point. Thus we had to travel to brevane and dusken, lest mathosia will be taken over by the planes similarly to them."

    Also everytime I do a dragon related questing they do state that "With the dragons release, the ward weaken" theme.

    I redo the quest with my new toon reason why I came to this realization.

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    Them being a battery should not be a surprise to us anymore. Stated in Ghar station that ascended are made purely of sourcestone in the shape of a humanoid. That we have already absorb so much energy that just passing by their low energy devices we powered them up.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    The 5 bloodstorm dragon's defeat were understandable, they were imprisoned for a long time thus in a weakened state when we fought them. But Regulos was release after his defeat and not only that the ascended fought him inside the plane of death itself in the raid "Endless Eclipse" in his full strength and killed him.

    So capturing beings as strong as the dragons I dont believe is impossible with the Immortal Army of Telara.
    Last edited by Shmorezilla; 05-28-2015 at 07:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Thread of Fate Twinmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    368

    Default

    How did I not see this thread before?

    From my perspective, the Empyrean Alliance would have to create a series of rather large machines that draw off of Telara's sourcestone core. They'd have to act as anchor points for the Ward just as the dragons did, and we have no idea whether they are capable of creating another God Engine that could do this. Even if they did have the materials, it'd take forever to design such a device. We could try anchoring them to the planes via the Infinity Gate, but we don't know if that would work.

    With the first Ward gone, you would think rifts would either run rampant or not exist at all by this point in the storyline. :S
    ___

    Regarding the Ward existing to keep something else in: has anyone considered that it was to keep US in and away from the planes? The Vigil wanted the dragons destroyed, and they probably knew the Ward would fall. Perhaps Aia had come up with the idea of the Ward while she was allied with the Vigil, and hoped that it would work to keep us on Telara and out of the planes as long as it lasted? She does NOT want us interfering with the planes at all - killing the dragons was already a setback for her.
    Last edited by Twinmoon; 05-28-2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added a theory at the bottom of the post

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    lol in the short story Runebound not written long ago in the announcement section stated "The ward was not created so that Regulos can come back and invade Telara but to keep something inside of Telara from coming out"

    Maybe they dont want the ascended to go out and become semi god like beings and ravage the planes with their infinite might, that would be interesting lol.

    Well, with the survival of the Eternal City along with their royalty, The recovery of the Lycini and the return of Dusken to civilization and along with the defiants. I believe they can recreate their own version of the ward.

    I even got a book quest from Dusken stating that for the Empyreans in the past creating God Engines and Infinity gates were a common feat, with most of Eternal City intact I believe its possible for them to create one.
    Last edited by Shmorezilla; 05-28-2015 at 08:04 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Master IonCannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    688

    Default

    While I do really like the idea of 'keeping something in' the official cannon is different. Keep in in mind when the Ward was created ascended did not exist and the first ascended were only brought into existence mere minutes before Orphiel blew a hole in the ward. So while its a cool concept to think it was designed to prevent ascended from leaving Telara the time it was created and destroyed don't reflect that.

    Unless CC or the game explicitly says otherwise this is the case:

    Quote Originally Posted by Official Timeline
    1500 years before present day: The Blood Storm invades, all but Regulos are imprisoned on Telara. Regulos's body is destroyed, and his spirit banished beyond a Ward erected by the Vigil to keep Telara safe from planar invasion.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 05-28-2015 at 08:50 AM.

    IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmorezilla View Post
    Sorry I dont know how to use the "Quote" thing

    This is stated in another thread about the ward thread
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...0360-ward.html

    "The ward falling with its current state of lore is correct.

    The ward itself around mathosia was in part forged by the imprisonment of the dragons. When the shade happened the ward was severely weakened. This is what put us at risk of the dragons again as it also weakened their imprisonment.

    Hylas also knew this and is why he set out to free greenscale from his prison. However, once the seal on his prison was broken, we had no choice but to confront a greenscale himself (keep in mind the dragons are actually weakened from having been in prison so long, we would not have won so easily otherwise).

    Then we fight alsbeth, and regulos mentions after killing her that she is keeping us busy while...he attends to other things (infinity gate anyone?). He also mentions every dragon we kill brings him one step closer to his goal (destroying the ward).

    Conveniently we destroyed laethys who's prison was actually shattered before ID (she snuck out very creatively by melting her avatar down into gold in the instance charmers caldera--you dont see it but thats where she was imprisoned--was scattered and then the golden maw brought to mount carcera.

    She, the wonton army and the golden maw free maelforge. So we didn't break their seals, but we have to kill them as well. Crucia is the last dragon imprisoned....but why?

    Remember in the war of the bloodstorm mathosians defeated regulos's dragon and sent his weakened spirit beyond the ward. The other dragons were then swiftly imprisoned and the ward constructed. You'll find out more about this in endless eclipse as to what happened to regulos.

    Crucia, in "exodus of the storm queen" her imprisonment was the final nail that remained to keep the ward in tact. With her release the ward is literally unraveling at this point. Thus we had to travel to brevane and dusken, lest mathosia will be taken over by the planes similarly to them."

    Also everytime I do a dragon related questing they do state that "With the dragons release, the ward weaken" theme.

    I redo the quest with my new toon reason why I came to this realization.

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    Them being a battery should not be a surprise to us anymore. Stated in Ghar station that ascended are made purely of sourcestone in the shape of a humanoid. That we have already absorb so much energy that just passing by their low energy devices we powered them up.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    The 5 bloodstorm dragon's defeat were understandable, they were imprisoned for a long time thus in a weakened state when we fought them. But Regulos was release after his defeat and not only that the ascended fought him inside the plane of death itself in the raid "Endless Eclipse" in his full strength and killed him.

    So capturing beings as strong as the dragons I dont believe is impossible with the Immortal Army of Telara.
    This was my reply to you Ioncannon

    The other was a rep for Twinnmoon XD
    my rep was just a jolly assumption not a serious one.
    Last edited by Shmorezilla; 05-28-2015 at 10:21 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    I wouldn't speculate on it too much. I doubt the plot of the "ward" will go anywhere.
    I mean it's cool if it does, but we have a royal couple in Bravene who are nowhere to be found, Tasuil is who knows where (I think maybe minion missions hint about it? I dunno).

    The recent short story deals with it in terms of it's purpose, but I really doubt it's going to be dealt with directly.

    Again, this is me being pessimistic, but I think it was just a plot device to explain "rifts" as a function.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Meowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    The ward was created to keep me out from discovering the Plane of Bacon.

    In all seriousness though, when it comes to really vague things like this... only CC can answer with any form of validity... and we all know how he likes to answer these things..
    Serale@Faeblight

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    The ward was created to keep me out from discovering the Plane of Bacon.

    In all seriousness though, when it comes to really vague things like this... only CC can answer with any form of validity... and we all know how he likes to answer these things..
    Pfffft, Ill just wear my pirate hat and ride my raft along with the razudian pirates and be sad looking at the burning ocean.
    Last edited by Shmorezilla; 05-28-2015 at 09:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Meowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmorezilla View Post
    Pfffft, Ill just wear my pirate hat and ride my raft along with the razudian pirates and be sad looking at the burning ocean.
    Well perhaps if you DIDN'T burn the Vigil damned ocean in the first place we wouldn't have been in this mess.
    Serale@Faeblight

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    158

    Default

    The ward was put into place to have things stay outside of Telara.
    It also prevented things to get out of it.

    With the ascended actually discovering new threats to Telara's security, being unable to go into the planes to foil them beforehand would be unwise, so they probably won't do it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts