+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By Samuraiko
  • 2 Post By Samuraiko
  • 7 Post By Morticus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: My thank-you thread to Morticus, since he doesn't allow PMs

Wink My thank-you thread to Morticus, since he doesn't allow PMs

I got to chatting with CaptainCursor the other day on Twitter, and I asked him if he had written the Extinctions quests. He told me that the entire writing team had contributed to that (something about them all being locked in a room and each of them assigned one of the aforementioned Extinctions in the various locales of Draumheim). I asked him who had written the one that takes place in the Sanctuary of Phydrena, and he said that it was Morticus.

Since now I know which writer created this quest, I can post this.

Morticus, as a long-time Guardian player, and one whose main character's backstory is very thoroughly tied in to Guardian lore and the Guardian NPCs, can I just say...

WRITE MORE OF THAT, DAMN IT!

That ONE quest has inspired more video ideas for me than almost anything else in Rift. Not just because of the quest itself, but because it forced me to think of how my character would be reacting to the entirety of the Nightmare. And all I could think was that Raelskye's heart would be breaking the entire time. Tears of rage, screams of anguish, the whole nine yards.

(By the way, this is NOT to imply that the rest of the arc wasn't good, or that the rest of NT hasn't been good. It's been stellar.)

But godsdamnit, that quest just blew my mind. And since I'm filming it (yes, it's the subject of an upcoming "Tales of the Riftwalker" video), I've been replaying it over and over on the PTS. And I love it every single time.

So please write more of those!

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

(Though after thinking about it, I also have to admit that the whole scene in the Cathedral during the Extinction of Extinction quest was also pretty intense. Rael has wanted to take down Alsbeth from the get-go, but she was ready to tear Alsbeth's throat out with her bare hands after that one.)

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

I can't take all the credit. Most, if not all of my work is collaborative on some level.

Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

We strive to make everything in Rift as good as we can.

+ Reply to Thread