• 1 Post By dannuck
  • 5 Post By captaincursor
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko
  • 8 Post By captaincursor
  • 2 Post By hardy83
  • 2 Post By evantide
  • 5 Post By captaincursor
  • 1 Post By captaincursor

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Question: more lore for NT?

Plane Touched

Default Question: more lore for NT?

So there is something that has been bugging me lately, and I haven't been able to put my finger on it until tonight, and I wanted to throw this out there. Maybe CC will have a response, or someone else will. Either way, I'd like to hear it.

The initial story released with NT was very enjoyable for me. I've really liked it, and am finding things on my second play through that I'd forgotten or missed altogether, and I appreciate that.

However, 3.1 and 3.2 were both very lacking in continuation of that story, unless there were huge swaths of lore released in the raids associated with them, which I doubt. It's hard to fit big stories into raids, in my experience. I don't raid in Rift these days, though, so I am not gonna see it until I find videos that show the whole thing on Youtube, or until I'm running it with friends when it's non-current.

So here's what I'm wondering: are we going to get more actual story at some point in the future? The Tales of the Deep released with 3.2 was interesting. The idea that the Ward was created to keep something (the Ascended?) in, rather than the dragons out, was very interesting, and might have implications about why mortals lost contact with the Vigil when the Ward went up.

I love stories that make you think and wonder. New questions about what you're experiencing is a great way to extend your story and make it interesting. But we do need some answers every now and then. I'm really hoping that we get at least some before we move on from the Plane of Water. Content can be great, but story makes it worth experiencing, for me.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    So here's what I'm wondering: are we going to get more actual story at some point in the future?
    Yes.

/tencharstohighlightmyinfuriatinglypithyresponse

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    Yes.

For real though... I suppose Planetouch will have to have some lore. Nothing over-board probably just the origin story of the other guys that aren't elves or humans.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 05-04-2015 at 08:10 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

So here's what I'm wondering: are we going to get more actual story at some point in the future?
    Yes.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Well I can either take an hour to discuss the tedious complexities of production schedules, or I can spend a minute to post this:

And get back to finishing off that quest where you drunkenly punch monkeys in the face. I'm going to choose the monkeys.

Seriously folks, we know you are hungry for more, more is coming. We're excited too. We just can't talk about it yet.

Well I can either take an hour to discuss the tedious complexities of production schedules, or I can spend a minute to post this:

And get back to finishing off that quest where you drunkenly punch monkeys in the face. I'm going to choose the monkeys.

Seriously folks, we know you are hungry for more, more is coming. We're excited too. We just can't talk about it yet.
    *laughing*

Well played, sir. Well played.

Punching monkeys in the face? Let the conspiracy theories begin.
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 05-04-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

Tyrant's Throne, for it's size, had a decent amount of lore attached, though unfortunately left on a disappointing cliffhanger with Crucia, but it wasn't bad.

The wardrobe update yeah, there was nothing, but I imagine when PTW comes out there will be a lot of lore, especially more history on the Bhami since they are the only race left with no real dedicated zone.

Default OT: Laughing man?

I just have an OT question - who is that laughing man above and where did the clip come from? I nearly fell off my chair in hysterics when I saw it! :O

Plane Touched

Ha, thanks CC. It's been many years since I was involved in anything even close to developing a video game. Life took me in a different direction, and I don't program or develop at all these days. I do remember what it was like, though.

Mostly, I was asking for some.... wrapping up of what was a hugely successful story with the release of NT. I loved it. And I can tell you love ending things with cliffhangers and with things unanswered or... open to interpretation. I'm fine with all of that. That's good writing. (Seriously, write a book some time, dude)

I'm just hoping we don't move on to PTW or whatever else is next, without first wrapping some loose ends up. Unless I interpret things way differently than many others do (which I know I do), lots of the intricacies and branches of the story in NT are unresolved, and I've love to resolve them.

RIFT Guide Writer

So Curosor, any chance there can be a lore compendium anywhere? Cause its been ages since I've done the old quests and I'd really like to read through some of them since I can't remember a large chunk any more. It'd also help the newbies who weren't here for an expac or can't do the current raid content.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    I just have an OT question - who is that laughing man above and where did the clip come from? I nearly fell off my chair in hysterics when I saw it! :O
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Khil

The full song was about a cowboy on the plains returning to his family. The lyrics were vague as he didn't want to get in trouble with the commies for being "pro-american". In that context, it's basically a FU to the Man.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

I'm just hoping we don't move on to PTW or whatever else is next, without first wrapping some loose ends up. Unless I interpret things way differently than many others do (which I know I do), lots of the intricacies and branches of the story in NT are unresolved, and I've love to resolve them.
    Moving to PTW doesn't mean we're never going to finish off stories in the Plane of Water, it just means we're going to let it linger a bit so we can play with the characters more before stabbing them in the face. Plus we like to mix things up so you're not constantly in the same types of environments. We'll get back to finish off most of the unresolved business.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    The song is notable for sounding like he's singing "Trolololololo", so it's become the internet theme song for trolling people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44

Plane Touched

Moving to PTW doesn't mean we're never going to finish off stories in the Plane of Water, it just means we're going to let it linger a bit so we can play with the characters more before stabbing them in the face. Plus we like to mix things up so you're not constantly in the same types of environments. We'll get back to finish off most of the unresolved business.
    Cool, thanks CC! Appreciate the responses. Really. Even the trolling ones! Ha!

Really makes me wish we had demorecording in Rift.

I'd love to do a Rift version of "History in the Making", which was a City of Heroes video I did ages ago showcasing the in-game lore/history of the game.

+ Reply to Thread