+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telara at present?

Telaran

Default Telara at present?

I was a returning player at the start of 3.0, and after getting caught up on as much lore as possible (I somehow missed 90% of everything during early play-throughs 1-2.0) Anyway, I've more or less fallen in love with the overall story(ies) being told but was curious if there is anything regarding the current state of Telara (Mainlands, Brevane, Dusken)? I'm assuming there isn't, but I figured I'd ask because I'm weirdly fascinated with what might be happening.

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

Cheers!

Good thread here

There's also links in that thread to youtube showing the puppet show in Hailol, or you could go there in-game and watch them.

Also, when you get to the plane of water, in the zone Goboro Reef, there's a base called Ghar Station Mem. On the upper levels, there's a device "Memory Retriever" that you can click on that gives you a quick summary of pretty much all the major enemies from 1.0 and 2.0.

Unfortunately, there isn't one for Curcia, because her info is used for a quest on a different clickable object that you can't click on unless you have the quest.

There's unfortunately, no real summary in-game with the events of Dendrome, the Infinity Gate or the time altering events of the latter part of Storm Legion. Which is why I wish raids were soloable!

Telaran

Oh, yeah. I guess maybe I worded my post poorly.

I'm caught up on the lore leading us INTO and DURING 3.0 and the Plane of Water, but was curious if there are any mentions about what is happening congruently in Telara (at present). Like, with all the Ascended focusing on the planes, is our "homeworld" at greater risk, or is there an in-game explanation for why that isn't the case? Not so much what happened there BEFORE.

Being a theme park MMO, what tends to happen is once you finish the story for a specific zone, that zone is then locked in some of a suspended animation unless the story goes back to it.

Since 2.0, there has been very little development on Telara. It's in the frozen state.
    There was the introduction to the new souls questline and now Hammerknell is coming back in some form, but nothing has really changed.

One of the drawbacks of MMOs I suppose. It would be FAR too much work to constantly keep every zone and map up to date as time goes by.

Maybe when Planetouched Wilds is released, we'll learn about about what's going on in specific zones in terms of the timeline.

I brought up this issue a while ago but it was mainly Planetouched Wilds-centric:

The Ascended have not saved Telara from the planes, even as we venture into the Plane of Water and interfere in the cosmos. Planetouched Wilds fell to the rifts, so why have we not checked on it, even AFTER saving Brevane and Dusken? Is the Infinity Gate that much of a threat that we cannot check on an enemy whose strength is yet unknown within the continent of Mathosia?
    Unfortunately the only response from CC was:
    These are all good questions.
    You'll not be getting an answer to this for a while, I'd bet. :S

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Being a theme park MMO, what tends to happen is once you finish the story for a specific zone, that zone is then locked in some of a suspended animation unless the story goes back to it.

Since 2.0, there has been very little development on Telara. It's in the frozen state.
    There was the introduction to the new souls questline and now Hammerknell is coming back in some form, but nothing has really changed.

One of the drawbacks of MMOs I suppose. It would be FAR too much work to constantly keep every zone and map up to date as time goes by.

Maybe when Planetouched Wilds is released, we'll learn about about what's going on in specific zones in terms of the timeline.
    I'd asked Tacitus a while back about implementing more of the phasing tech in Telara to give a bit more of the feel of a living world. While he really liked the idea, unfortunately it's not feasible (at least at present). Still, I'm hoping once he's got some breathing room after 3.2 and 3.3, maybe we can start seeing some old-world overhauling on the road to 4.0.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Telaran

Cool. Thanks for the responses!!

+ Reply to Thread