+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The destruction of Sanctum... is this ever coming?

Default The destruction of Sanctum... is this ever coming?

In a long-forgotten cinematic vid for Sanctum, they mention a Ward that keeps "the Rift spawn away from Sanctum." (It's the big floating stone above the Guardian sigil in the middle of the basilica.)

And the Guardian tutorial "outro" cinematic has a Messenger of the Vigil narrating:

"See now through prophetic eyes...
    The brood stirs... (shot of Maelforge atop Sanctum)
    The Ward falls... (Crucia escaping IPP)
    And Utopia is undone... (shot of Greenscale in the Standing Stones of Gloamwood)"

And when you visit the instanced version of the Sanctum/Temple of Phydrena, the Wardstone is nowhere to be seen, even as the place is burning and in ruins.

And I thought, "When might we see this as actual in-game content?"

I ask because last night I had this awesome dream of a battle in Sanctum, where the various Dragon cults assaulted the place. Crucia's floating battle stations, Abyssal vessels all around on the water... this totally massive combined assault on the place now that the Wardstone is gone.

Cyril shouting for sharpshooters to take stations on the balconies to take out the invaders, Borrin, Katia, and the rest holding the doors, and the Messengers of the Vigil (the ones you can only see with Omen Sight, both inside AND outside the Temple), engaged in air-to-air combat with Crucia's forces.

(This, by the way, is also the dream I had where the Ascended actually get FLIGHT... because I dreamed this great cinematic scene where the Ascended step out onto the balconies, spread wings of light (like the ones the Elves get as their racial ability and that we all get doing the Ceremony of Attunement), and WHOOSH, off we go to join the Messengers in aerial battle.)

And when I woke up, I thought, "OH MAN, I WANNA PLAY THAT!"

So... are we ever going to see this?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

"Mark well this prophesy of the rifts. We have chosen you as an instrument to prevent the coming apocalypse. Go with the grace of the Vigil."

So if you have done your job right, this will never happen. And you have! All the dragons, save one, have been slain. Apocalypse averted! High five!

Though there is that tendency for slivered versions of fated realities that pesky heroes have undone to make a comeback. I blame Aia. So perhaps we'll will see this.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    "Mark well this prophesy of the rifts. We have chosen you as an instrument to prevent the coming apocalypse. Go with the grace of the Vigil."

So if you have done your job right, this will never happen. And you have! All the dragons, save one, have been slain. Apocalypse averted! High five!

Though there is that tendency for slivered versions of fated realities that pesky heroes have undone to make a comeback. I blame Aia. So perhaps we'll will see this.
    Oh, how I hope we do... *crosses fingers*

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!

No!!! Not my beloved Sanctum!

*unsheathes sword* Come out Aia, you coward! I will never let you destroy my beloved city!!
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    No!!! Not my beloved Sanctum!

*unsheathes sword* Come out Aia, you coward! I will never let you destroy my beloved city!!
    Someone else besides me who wants to beat Aia's face in... yeahhhhhhh...

By the way, the dream (as several of mine often are) was inspired by music. I fell asleep after listening to this track, and trust me, it makes the scene so much more epic.

If an event like this ever makes it into the game, I *WILL* film it, and I *WILL* license this music and set it to this.

...I hope I'm not the only one that wants to have a character that serves Aia instead of the Vigil. >>"

Our reality-timeline-plane-thing is fine. Sanctum will stand. We averted the prophecy through divine intervention (Guardian perspective) or mortal intervention (Defiant intervention), or I guess both.

Other realities, not so much.

We've seen a darkened nightmare Sanctum and we've seen sliver artifacts/etc about fallen Sanctums. Its a matter of time before we see Sanctum fall... but somewhere else, of course.

We could have Sanctum fall through some weird event, but it'd be set up in a way that still allows the location as a safe city afterwards, IMO.

Personally, I'd love for some phasing tech to be used, eventually replacing the wardstone with something else (symbolically representing the High Level Guardian story having the Guardians accept some elements of new technologies?).

Sanctum won't fall.
    Too labor intensive.

Champion of Telara

It could be a pretty cool event 'Attack on Sanctum' with each of Dragon getting a week, and culminating in an epic finale
    It would mean letting those shifty defiants in to help defend...so maybe not...;)
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

As a Defiant, I would happily watch Sanctum razed to the ground by some monstrous dragon.

Payback for all those times I died to the bridge guards, when all I wanted was the Sanctum artifact set.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    As a Defiant, I would happily watch Sanctum razed to the ground by some monstrous dragon.
    If we do release this content, rest assured it would be paired with the razing of Meridian. Fair's fair.

If we do release this content, rest assured it would be paired with the razing of Meridian. Fair's fair.
    >Implying there are unfair things in war.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post

Payback for all those times I died to the bridge guards, when all I wanted was the Sanctum artifact set.
    Um. Those artis sell for bupkis on the AH.... You probably could have got all three of them for less than your soul heal bills.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

And I promise I will devote just as much to filming THAT as I will to filming Sanctum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast