+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lore questions about Planetouched Wilds

Question Lore questions about Planetouched Wilds

//incoming wall of text

Supposing that Byriel's Division was only created to act as a marker for where a sort of “no-man's-land” was, why have we avoided it lore-wise? The Ascended have not saved Telara from the planes, even as we venture into the Plane of Water and interfere in the cosmos. Planetouched Wilds fell to the rifts, so why have we not checked on it, even AFTER saving Brevane and Dusken? Is the Infinity Gate that much of a threat that we cannot check on an enemy whose strength is yet unknown within the continent of Mathosia? Why haven't we sailed to the coasts of PTW from Ember Isle if we cannot get in through Byriel's Division / Sorrowsworn Wall (if the name is canon), if there is any way from sea? (And who was Byriel, exactly? It was the first shard I remember playing on, but I never found out who or what Byriel was.)

If the Rhaza'de Canyons were located in the Planetouched Wilds, wouldn't there be Bahmi who escaped that remember the event, or had they not settled there when they appeared during the Blood Storm War? Because the Bahmi are related to the Plane of Air via the Shalastiri, Crucia might know something about the PTW (and might be referenced by the skelf interrogators, though that was probably thrown in as a joke... unless the skelf somehow exist in PTW xD).

Assuming that the Heart Grove existed in Planetouched Wilds, which it might not at all: do the Elves know anything about it? Were the elves forced out when the PTW fell to the rifts, and the Orcri (once again, under Crucia) invaded? I guess the bigger question is whether or not the Heart Grove and the Orcri are still canon.

Some input from captaincursor or anyone else on the lore side of things would be /amazing/. o3o

//end wall of text

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

These are all good questions.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    These are all good questions.
    *glares at captaincursor*

Lore questions about Planetouched Wilds-yourvaguenessismakingmeangry.gif

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    *glares at captaincursor*

Attachment 22526
    Well you REALLY don't want me to just answer all of them right? You want to know that I have considered all of them so that in some point in the future when we get around to doing that zone I will have considered all these points and answer them in the fiction of the story you are playing through. Me just telling you would be a letdown, and probably wrong because I might need to change my mind for various reason by that time.

But they are good questions. Some of which I have answers to, but will not tell you.

so that in some point in the future when we get around to doing that zone
    People should consider this the most important part of that statement by CC.
    *wink* *wink*

Sharp contrast to statement made by devs like Daglar over a year ago that implied going back to a place like PTW was unlikely and focus was on the planes.

....Of course I could just be playing semantics to raise hope. >.<
    Last edited by hardy83; 03-04-2015 at 03:44 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

No contrast. There are only six planes, and we like to dive into a theme then give players a break from it so they don't get sick of it. We have listened to you all, and if there is a place in the update schedule where we can fit something like Planetouched Wilds in, then we've got some fun ideas. When that will be, only Aia knows.

(Aia is the deity whose plans have been spoiled by mortals so they only exist in angry fragments of slivers.)
    Last edited by captaincursor; 03-04-2015 at 03:45 PM.

So basically the "we're gonna be vague - but just you wait" response. Like I thought!

lmao I love this thread

There are only six planes[/SIZE]
    Are there really?
    Or am I mixing that up with dimensions?

Also
    (Aia is the deity whose plans have been spoiled by mortals so they only exist in angry fragments of slivers.)
    Is that official lore? That all slivers are successful attempts at Aia interfering with reality?
    That would be interesting if so because the ID chronicle implied that beings from the slivers can make their way over to our "reality" or "dimension".
    That and that one guy who constantly shows up in the dimensions who can clearly travel between them.

No contrast. There are only six planes, and we like to dive into a theme then give players a break from it so they don't get sick of it. We have listened to you all, and if there is a place in the update schedule where we can fit something like Planetouched Wilds in, then we've got some fun ideas. When that will be, only Aia knows.

I really like this approach for future expansions

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Is that official lore? That all slivers are successful attempts at Aia interfering with reality?
    That would be interesting if so because the ID chronicle implied that beings from the slivers can make their way over to our "reality" or "dimension".
    That and that one guy who constantly shows up in the dimensions who can clearly travel between them.
    AFAIK slivers are successful attempts at getting rid of the Ascended who are interfering with Aia's version of reality, not the other way around. As for Rawlte... well, I don't know what to make of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinmoon View Post
    AFAIK slivers are successful attempts at getting rid of the Ascended who are interfering with Aia's version of reality, not the other way around. As for Rawlte... well, I don't know what to make of him.
    Yeah, that's what I want to know.
    There's nothing in-game to imply that all slivers realities have been influenced or were successful envisionings of Aia.

To my knowledge they are just alternate dimensions were things went a little differently, essentially the multi-verse theory.

If Aia did have a direct hand in them, it would be nice to know officially.

We already know that the vigil, and thus Aia, enjoy a degree of temporal immunity, standing outside the conventional timeline. Orphiel's Failsafe was created to specifically replicate this effect. What we don't know is if gods are bound to their original timeline, a group of timelines, or 5 and 1 gods bound to the entire !@#$ multiverse continuum
    Zenahk@Laethys

I don't believe the extent of the Vigils powers has been clarified yet.

The only thing we know is that they are powerful.
    We don't know if they can transcend space and time (at least one of them can SEE it)

I'm going by what's been said in-game.
    The actual extent of the Vigils powers is unknown. They made life on Telara. They made Telara (on top of sourcestone, whatever sourcestone is), and came make the life super powerful if they so choose.

That's it.

"Orphiel's Failsafe was created to specifically replicate this effect. "
    Quoted from Orphiel in the Defiant beginner zone (one of the weird little holograms before you leave the cave)
    The machine has an aura that confuses time on such a base level that time would rather ignore it completely than attempt to resolve the issue.
    Nothing in the game specifically states the device was taking the power of the gods. Though given the language, one could possibly guess that maybe it is talking about a being.

Again, we know next to nothing about the Vigil, and I really wish we did. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Nothing in the game specifically states the device was taking the power of the gods. Though given the language, one could possibly guess that maybe it is talking about a being.
    The connection is pondered by a sliver-Orphiel during the Guardian's Omen Sight 50 intro quest.

I havn't done this quest in ages, though, so the details escape me.
    Zenahk@Laethys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast