+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hardy83

Thread: Lord Arak F.M. - Unwoken Road

Shadowlander

Default Lord Arak F.M. - Unwoken Road

I bet you thought I have them didn't you? Don't be silly.

But I did listen to 2 announcements (3 but completely missed out on taking notes on the 3rd), they are pathetic attempts but hey... its took me 1 hour to find... if you include the 30 minutes of me mountain climbing to try and find Lord Arak up in the mountains, then 1 hour and 30 minutes, which by the way I can confirm, Lord Arak is not yelling these messages from atop a mountain, at least not one I can climb.

So anyway I found these announcements really interesting, definitely will be hearing out for a few more.
    ( __ = parts i did not quite catch)

"We call them progenitors ______________ I've faced them, i've torn them apart, they are nothing more than blood filled bags of hair (?)"

"Have you seen the inside of a progenitor's head? A squishy blob of flesh and _____, surrounded by a fragile shell, not unlike a clam"

So this was so interesting to me, I even halted my grinding of Fae Yule Snowflakes to sit at Unwoken Road, Draumheim to listen to Lord Arak. This post is basically inviting anyone who is also trying to gather all of the announcement, to basically add on to this as well as comment on what on earth Lord Arak is getting at here, I have a rough idea but I really need someone to post the rest of them ASAP!

I've been busy with Christmas crap (not the game), but I have been taking pics of those speeches.
    I don't know if he's yapper like the guy in eastern Tarken so I don't know how many more speech bubbles I need to get, but I'll probably waste a ton of time this weekend sitting there listening.

I haven't seen anything super special yet, other than APPARENTLY Druam as spoken to Arak directly, I assume through dreams or something.

I'll post it when I have it all. lol

Might be missing some, but I've been busy over the holidays with stuff and other games, I'm sure it's the majority of it anyways.
    • We have seen their fears of planar invasion play out upon our world, we saw what lengths they went to stop it. Why would we not do the same to them?
    • If a creature of the planes were to open rifts upon Telara with just their mind, and then project their deepeds fears through to ravage it, what would the Ascended do?
    • How can such creatures who have such evil within them, such fear and hatred, such terrible thoughts be permitted to exist.
    • We call them Progenitors, and they sound like a mythic being. But I have seen them up close and personal. I have taken them apart and they are northing more than blood filled bags of hair.
    • You take a skelf, you remove their fins and scale, and add lungs, hair, and various fluid emitting glands and that's basically a Progenitor. All things considered, I'd rather spend time with a skelf.
    • Have you ever seen the mind of one of these progenitors? It's a squishy glob of flesh and blood surrounded by a fragile shell, not unlike a clam.
    • Have you ever seen a Progenitor in the flesh? I've had the dubious honor of dissecting one and it a mess. A mishmash of organs and elements.
    • I have looked inside these Progenitors and found no spark of the divine, only a horrible smell.
    • There was this one time, when I had opened up one of the Ghar progenitors, just to see what was inside, and the fumes from the inside of this vile creature were almost too much to bear.
    • The progenitors sleep to refresh themselves from the rigors of the world. They treat us and our home as their dumping ground for psychic garbage.
    • A Progenitor is just a base animal cursed with self awareness. They are vermin who have achieved a power far beyond their ability to comprehend or control.
    • The Progenitors are capable of dreaming anything into existence and they choose evil and depravity. We can only conclude they are the evil, it's the only logical conclusion.
    • The beauty of a Progenitor's dreams only show how it to be a fickle, petulant being that demands it's bssest desires and praised lest it tortue you.
    • As you lurk within the minfested dream of a Progenitor, don't you wonder what kind of monster would think such depraved thoughts?
    • They are creatures of mere flesh, whose accidental position in the cosmos gives them power of life and death over us. We must take the power from them! We must force them out of our lives.
    • The Progenitors could dream us into any form they wanted, and yet they choose to bless the onir and curse the nightmares like us. Such mercurial beings do not deserve to live.
    • Since the beginning of our sea we have suffered uner their whims, and when they finally reach us and realize the damage they have done, they declare a crusade against us!
    • We are children born of hatred and fear, and yet somehow we are the monsters?
    • Fear is the natural state for us mares. Fear is good. Embrace it, for soon it will rule the cosmos.
    • To my cousins the Onir, I know you are frightened to even contemplate existence without the progenitors. But fear is something we 'mares can teach you.
    • I do not hate myself, or any of my nightmare brethren. We are beautiful. I hate the Progenitors who imagine us as beings that must be feared.
    • I remember when the dream king first found out we had started to create our own nightmares and send them into the Progenitor world. "You cannot equal the horror of what the Progenitors have already dreamed." I think he's right, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
    • We will take the power of creation from this false avatar lackey Kondraum, and remake this city as Farinheim, the city of new beginnings!
    • Do not let fear hold you back my brethren. You are fear! Use their fear of you. kill their lackeys, kill the Progenitors, kill the false avatar Kondraum!

Some interesting butt it's more just clarifying his stance on everything more then revealing anything special other than he talked to someone called the Dream King, which I am assuming is Draum.

Pretty much it. There's invisible NPCs in Draumheim but it's probably fluff, though I'm sure some of it is funny, and the 3 Eth station broadcasts I haven't been able to get, even after completing all story content (RNG on this stuff is annoying lol), and any story from raids which I'll never be able to get.

Wow that is really fascinating! I've not been keeping up with any lore in the 3rd expansion at all so to me this is all new stuff! I shall have to dive back in and do some investigating!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Might be missing some, but I've been busy over the holidays with stuff and other games, I'm sure it's the majority of it anyways.
    • We have seen their fears of planar invasion play out upon our world, we saw what lengths they went to stop it. Why would we not do the same to them?
    • If a creature of the planes were to open rifts upon Telara with just their mind, and then project their deepeds fears through to ravage it, what would the Ascended do?
    • How can such creatures who have such evil within them, such fear and hatred, such terrible thoughts be permitted to exist.
    • We call them Progenitors, and they sound like a mythic being. But I have seen them up close and personal. I have taken them apart and they are northing more than blood filled bags of hair.
    • You take a skelf, you remove their fins and scale, and add lungs, hair, and various fluid emitting glands and that's basically a Progenitor. All things considered, I'd rather spend time with a skelf.
    • Have you ever seen the mind of one of these progenitors? It's a squishy glob of flesh and blood surrounded by a fragile shell, not unlike a clam.
    • Have you ever seen a Progenitor in the flesh? I've had the dubious honor of dissecting one and it a mess. A mishmash of organs and elements.
    • I have looked inside these Progenitors and found no spark of the divine, only a horrible smell.
    • There was this one time, when I had opened up one of the Ghar progenitors, just to see what was inside, and the fumes from the inside of this vile creature were almost too much to bear.
    • The progenitors sleep to refresh themselves from the rigors of the world. They treat us and our home as their dumping ground for psychic garbage.
    • A Progenitor is just a base animal cursed with self awareness. They are vermin who have achieved a power far beyond their ability to comprehend or control.
    • The Progenitors are capable of dreaming anything into existence and they choose evil and depravity. We can only conclude they are the evil, it's the only logical conclusion.
    • The beauty of a Progenitor's dreams only show how it to be a fickle, petulant being that demands it's bssest desires and praised lest it tortue you.
    • As you lurk within the minfested dream of a Progenitor, don't you wonder what kind of monster would think such depraved thoughts?
    • They are creatures of mere flesh, whose accidental position in the cosmos gives them power of life and death over us. We must take the power from them! We must force them out of our lives.
    • The Progenitors could dream us into any form they wanted, and yet they choose to bless the onir and curse the nightmares like us. Such mercurial beings do not deserve to live.
    • Since the beginning of our sea we have suffered uner their whims, and when they finally reach us and realize the damage they have done, they declare a crusade against us!
    • We are children born of hatred and fear, and yet somehow we are the monsters?
    • Fear is the natural state for us mares. Fear is good. Embrace it, for soon it will rule the cosmos.
    • To my cousins the Onir, I know you are frightened to even contemplate existence without the progenitors. But fear is something we 'mares can teach you.
    • I do not hate myself, or any of my nightmare brethren. We are beautiful. I hate the Progenitors who imagine us as beings that must be feared.
    • I remember when the dream king first found out we had started to create our own nightmares and send them into the Progenitor world. "You cannot equal the horror of what the Progenitors have already dreamed." I think he's right, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
    • We will take the power of creation from this false avatar lackey Kondraum, and remake this city as Farinheim, the city of new beginnings!
    • Do not let fear hold you back my brethren. You are fear! Use their fear of you. kill their lackeys, kill the Progenitors, kill the false avatar Kondraum!

Some interesting butt it's more just clarifying his stance on everything more then revealing anything special other than he talked to someone called the Dream King, which I am assuming is Draum.

Pretty much it. There's invisible NPCs in Draumheim but it's probably fluff, though I'm sure some of it is funny, and the 3 Eth station broadcasts I haven't been able to get, even after completing all story content (RNG on this stuff is annoying lol), and any story from raids which I'll never be able to get.
    This is some awesome work, nice thanks for this Hardy.
    And yes it does kind of sound him just preaching, interesting stuff nevertheless.

+ Reply to Thread