+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: RIFT in a couple minutes of reading! 3.0 details and stuff!

Default RIFT in a couple minutes of reading! 3.0 details and stuff!

Akvan
    Ancient beings who have existed since before creation or since the dawn of creation (probably the latter), they were sealed away by the Vigil after they attempted to destroy the world, Aia then frees them because that apparently foils the "greater evil" from occurring.

Aia, Goddess of Fate
    Once a member of the Vigil, had a fall out after they disagreed with her plans for the mortal realm. During the Bindings of Blood Storyline she is the one who sends the Ra'Aran, Drekanoth and Tyshe to alter the past and allow the Blood Storm to destroy Telara in hopes of preventing a greater evil from occurring (possibly the events of Nightmare Tide, with Mount Sharax and what not). After being foiled she then frees the Akvan to again do this "make the situation as okay as possible" route and of course, fails as Martrodraum fails.

Demogos/Lord Arak, Avatar of Nightmares
    This one probably confused a few people, Demogos is supposed to be in some weird physical entwinement with Arak, so they're technically both the Avatar of Nightmares, but still seperate entities, two beings that are seperate but also aligned. (This makes no sense, basically they're both in charge of Tribulation and the nightmares and don't like humans.).

Sharax
    Created by the Vigil to maintain the prison of Martrodraum and the Akvan, they are then encouraged by the Drekanoth of Fate to turn against their masters and put their power to use by releasing and serving the Akvan who despised the Gods. They are defeated during the events of the Mount Sharax Raid as Threngar is slain and so is Martrodraum.

Izkinra
    The REAL sixth dragon in place of Akylios, the Dragon of Ice and was banished to the cosmos by Akylios who stole his place as the Blood Storm God of the Water Plane. He is slain at Mount Sharax.

Izbithu
    A legendary beast that once roamed Tarken Glacier, was frozen away by the Sharax (Something like that.) and is later in the process of unfreezing by the actions of Cosmologist Mann. Mann is then slain and Izbithu's heart is destroyed, preventing the beast's awakening.

Skelf
    The major entity among the Plane of Water, from a young age they decide to follow whoever they feel is the strongest (apparently without concern of righteousness) and act accordingly, they are seen aligning themselves with the Bloodfire, the Atragarians, the Cerulean Rhenke and the Akvan.

Atragarians
    The mermaids who look after Goboro Reef in the Plane of Water, they charge themselves with several tasks such as keeping the reef clean, maintaining relations with the Pelagic Order, protecting the Reef from invaders and nurturing the young Skelfs. They're also not that bad at singing.

Pelagic Order
    A group of Onir who have dedicated themselves to defending the Plane of Water from invaders like the Bloodfire, Nightmares and Akvan, they are primarily centered around Draumheim and can also be found protecting the cosmos from Tarken Glacier.

Drekanoth of Fate
    A servant of the Vigil, he is charged with assisting the Sharax in guarding Martrodraum's Prison, but joins up with Aia and decides to convince the Sharax to revoke their original task and betray the Vigil.

Bloodfire Army
    Incase nobody understood who these guys were in those earlier updates, they're basically a rebellion against the Plane of Fire. Originally Lady Glasya was the daughter to the King of Flame, who served Maelforge. Following Maelforge's death at the hands of the Ascended during the events of Infernal Dawn, Glasya took his essence and used it to reach greater heights of power, soon she began forming her own army to battle against the Throne of Fire, this became known as the Bloodfire Army. They invade the Plane of Fire after Samekh, a Tenebrean, approaches Glasya with the Oculons, and suggests (to her own benefits) that the Bloodfire Army transform Goboro Reef, along with the rest of the Water Plane, into a new Plane of Fire fit to Glasya's rule. The main force is defeated at Gyel Fortress and Lady Glasya, along with her Admiral Nezavar, are slain.

The Tenebreans
    A world-conquering race that has now set it's sights on Telara and the six elemental planes. They've also kinda got Ascended powers, the request is sort of a mystery though. Samekh, one of the Tenebreans, is the one who gave Glasya and the Bloodfire Army the Oculons to do her work themselves. Following the events of Tarken Glacier the Pelagic Order celebrate with the Ascended and the Tenebreans attack, after the invasion is halted, Samekh is defeated and escapes, remarking that you can't kill an Ascended like that, which is weird because it's doubtful they have Resurrection Technicians and the Vigil supposedly don't like them hence the Messengers ignoring them as well? Who knows.

Thanks for reading, hope that wasn't as boring as it was useful, let's hope the future updates add Tenebrean Raids

Shadowlander

Yes to Tenebrean raids!
    And thanks a lot for this, this is nice and easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ImJosh View Post
    Yes to Tenebrean raids!
    And thanks a lot for this, this is nice and easy to read.
    No problem, I'm just happy that Trion's previous plot holes were somewhat deliberate, in preparation of a greater and more complex story. The next question is how many of us have the brains to comprehend this complex lore :P

Will make more of these soon by the way.
    Last edited by Cookiez217; 12-06-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez217 View Post
    The Tenebreans
    A world-conquering race that has now set it's sights on Telara and the six elemental planes. They've also kinda got Ascended powers, the rest is sort of a mystery though.
    Edited, "rest" not "request"

Here's some stuff I forgot to add:

Draum
    The moon and supposed creator for the Plane of Water.

Risar
    Not much is explained here, but apparently telescopes in Tarken Glacier can see several of them in the sky, Draum is supposedly one of them as well. If they're not moons, they're sure as hell something big.

The Ghar
    Descendants of the Eth who originally discovered a gateway into the Plane of Water (Hinted to be opened by Orphiel Farwind, who seems to have the power to move between planes) and started having nightmares which largely disturbed the Pelagic Order. The Ghar try to make up for the mistakes of their ancestors by assisting the Ascended in fighting off the nightmares, they're also rather fond of Numerology and invented a game known as Manugo to show this.

Kondraum
    The physical entity to represent Draum, he's basically a Demigod (His 24 Million HP makes it obvious) and his liver....well it likes to drink wine.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez217 View Post

The Ghar
    Descendants of the Eth who originally discovered a gateway into the Plane of Water (Hinted to be opened by Orphiel Farwind, who seems to have the power to move between planes) and started having nightmares which largely disturbed the Pelagic Order. The Ghar try to make up for the mistakes of their ancestors by assisting the Ascended in fighting off the nightmares, they're also rather fond of Numerology and invented a game known as Manugo to show this.
    It was? Man, I am missing little details like this a lot in this expansion? Do you happen to remember what quest or where this was hinted?

Had to dig a little, but Arak is the embodiment of the nightmares of mortals.
    He is an amalgam (mixture) of all the leaders of the Endless Court who helped Regulos.

Demogos was created from the nightmares of the Wanton mortals, not us Telarans.
    I believe that was also mentioned in the Ember Isle story line too.

They are two different beings on the same side, and Demogos was Araks general. We defeat Demogos, but since nightmares can manifest, he can come back.

All Akvan are nightmares of Draum, and the Onir are from his dreams too. He can not control them, they just come into existence.
    The demons like Arak and Demogos are nightmares of mortals such as Telarans or the Wanton.

Also I don't recall the Eth saying it was Orphiel who sent the Eth to the planes. When the Eth society was at its prime, there were multiple sorcerer kings that quest text claims to have led the charge.
    It's not impossible that Orphiel arrived sometime back then and gave the Eth the ability to go out there. We don't know when Orphiel came to Telara if he is in fact a Tenebrean.

Ascendant

Since Threngar hasn't been defeated, we don't know what actually happens to him (and Martrodraum).

Also to note, Izbithu is an Akvan. A dead one, though apparently they don't have to stay dead.

Mann was able to start resurrecting her after he learned the secrets of ascension.

Shadowlander

I think it is very much worth doing some research and posting a quick summary on Woragrath,
    I myself am addicted to that dragon since his introduction.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Since Threngar hasn't been defeated, we don't know what actually happens to him (and Martrodraum).
    Aren't they both defeated in the Mount Sharax raid?

Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    It was? Man, I am missing little details like this a lot in this expansion? Do you happen to remember what quest or where this was hinted?
    Some stuff in Tarken I think, that and a bunch of people telling me the same thing, problem is people here like to tell me otherwise :P

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Had to dig a little, but Arak is the embodiment of the nightmares of mortals.
    He is an amalgam (mixture) of all the leaders of the Endless Court who helped Regulos.

Demogos was created from the nightmares of the Wanton mortals, not us Telarans.
    I believe that was also mentioned in the Ember Isle story line too.

They are two different beings on the same side, and Demogos was Araks general. We defeat Demogos, but since nightmares can manifest, he can come back.

All Akvan are nightmares of Draum, and the Onir are from his dreams too. He can not control them, they just come into existence.
    The demons like Arak and Demogos are nightmares of mortals such as Telarans or the Wanton.

Also I don't recall the Eth saying it was Orphiel who sent the Eth to the planes. When the Eth society was at its prime, there were multiple sorcerer kings that quest text claims to have led the charge.
    It's not impossible that Orphiel arrived sometime back then and gave the Eth the ability to go out there. We don't know when Orphiel came to Telara if he is in fact a Tenebrean.
    Lore is starting to get opinionated in NT now, from what I figured out and what majority of people managed to tell me so far, the Akvan were sealed away by the Vigil sometime around the universe being created, but now you're saying completely different stuff! But yes you're probably right about Demogos/Arak, I found my idea on some weird glossary online, which tends to prove inaccurate.. and regarding Orphiel I didn't explain anything yeah, was just listening to a bunch of lore enthusiasts and taking their word for it, it's always hard to prove who's right about lore without getting a quote from in-game and shoving it in their face, hehe.
    Last edited by Cookiez217; 12-07-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImJosh View Post
    I think it is very much worth doing some research and posting a quick summary on Woragrath,
    I myself am addicted to that dragon since his introduction.
    Don't remember who that is, sorry to disappoint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast