+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aegmir, Skald of Threngar Announcements

Default Aegmir, Skald of Threngar Announcements

Hey hey! More lore dump! lol
    This one is pretty interesting story wise, or parts of it anyways.
    This invisible NPC is in Eastern Tarken.

His name is Aegmir, and he is dead. :P
    That doesn't stop him from NOT shutting up! Seriously this guy likes to talk, and I'm sure I missed something.
    I tried to put it in an order, but honestly it came up random so who knows if there's a proper order.

Denizens of the wastes, hear my words and despair. I am Aegmir, skald to Threngar. I am the keeper of histories. He who tells the tales of Sharax glory until the end of days.

I was shattered by Caeceius Esdra, founder of the Pelagic Order. As my body crumbled and compressed into the floes of Tarken, I spoke of the forbidden power that could be his. My death curse corrupted my killer, and brought him to an ignoble end.

Threngar teaches us that as we were slaves to the gods, so shall the demonic planes be slaves to us. We will use them as we see fit until their husks are spent.

The gods created the Sharax and we were perfection. We were the first and greatest of all Creation. Yet we were denied the warmth and glory of the mortal worlds, the power of the planes. Such insults cannot go unanswered.

Formed from the cosmic mountain itself, the Sharax were created and cursed by the gods in a single breath.

For untold ages we guarded the icy prisons of the Akvan, the horrors of the dark cosmos. It was through our suffering that the moral worlds flourished!

The Sharax are ageless! We were created before the time of mortals, when the gods still wielded their true power. The creation of the mortal realms has diminished them.

Tarken Glacier is made of Sharax. In the first war, the gods needed great warriors to fight their battles. They created us. After we died by the millions they imprisoned the Akvan within our frozen grave.

The first victims of the Sharax were the Shanghi. In an attempt to give their slaves strength, the giants have shared the sin of their origin.

Ogg, mighty hunter of the legendary beasts of Tarken. He who has tracked and slain the god's weapons. He who has gained their divine power. Their spirits beat within his heart until the end of days.

Ogg set a trap for Skarntinn the great white cat of Tarken. He slaughtered a herd of snorox and left it upon a the calving shelf of the glacier. When the cat approached the meat Ogg broke the shelf and fought Skarntinn to the death with his bare hands.

Ogg tracked Grim Aralez, the wolf mother, who tended the wounds of the angelic Messengers, and slew her pups. He wore their pelts to hide his scent and surprised Aralez in her lair. The two fought for a century until Ogg ripped out her tongue and stole her healing power.

Heithrox the golden snorox had sustained the armies of the gods with the mead that flowed from its udders. Ogg stole the beast from Octus while the Stargazer slept, and the Sharax feasted upon an eternal supply of meat.

Ogg the pure, who killed his own child Dalendel, spawn of Azdah the Ouroboros. The dragon had submitted to Ghadual the warrior, and became his mount. Ogg demanded his child renounce the gods and join him, and then slew her on the spot when she refused.

At the edge of creation, Frystfall the weaver sat in her web and listened for any sign of Akvan escape. Ogg sundered the glacier and tore the legs from her body, then tossed the spider into the pit to weave no more.

Only Ikbarru the wild Barr of Lodyrr has escaped the great warrior's hunt. Ogg hunts the great barr daily. On the last day, Ikbarru will devour the sun and Ogg will see its shadow, and slay the beast.

Ogg, great general of the Sharax, conquerer of Tarken, enslaver of shanghi, punisher of mortals, smite the unclean that befoul the icy wastes of the glacier, and subjugate the demonic races for our pleasure.

The Akvan whispered secrets of the dark times from icy prisons. Of a glorious cosmos free from the scourge of demon and mortal minds. A reality where it is the gods who are enslaved.

The Sharax will let the Akvan break the cosmos and remove the worshipers from their gods. Then the Sharax will complete our revenge, and kill the gods themselves.

The Sharax will let the Akvan do what they will with Creation. Any act that profanes the gods and brings doom to creation is one that glorifies the Sharax.

The mortal worlds abandon the gods as they see the end approaching. This will not save them from the wrath of the Sharax.

Since the dawn of Creation the Sharax have watched over and protected it with our immortal lives. No more! We are free from the curse of the gods, and we will have our revenge.

Fate intervened, and released us from our eternal labors. For what? We were cast aside! There was nothing left! Mortals and demons had taken all of creation!

The Sharax feel their power of the gods no longer. They have abandoned Creation as they long ago abandoned us. We will make all of Creation feel the chill of the endless dark.

We will break this Creation of the gods. We will make it suffer. We will see the icy grip of the end envelop it all.

How many ages have passed, out beyond the edge? Even Threngar cannot say. From our birthplace, our exile, perched atop Mount Sharax, we have watched as creation denied to us unfolded.

The Sharax have watched as each demonic race has been formed, risen to prominence and then fallen into decline. We know doom that that awaits all of Creation.

Creation will suffer! We will release all manner of destroyers into its heart. Dragons, Akvan, demons and cosmic invaders shall each have their turn. The Sharax were once Creation's protectors. Now all shall feel our wrath!
    Some interesting stuff in regards to the gods and what not.
    Particularly info on the Vigil and Azdah.

Also as a bonus there was yet ANOTHER invisible NPC in Northern Tarken, but it was clearly an Akvan talking.

Akvan Extinquist Divine Inspiration

Corrupt the Jailers

Divine Imprisonment

End of Dreaming

Darkness Eternal

Destruction Rebirth Ultrafinitism

Remake Risar

Compress the Cosmos

Devour the Light

End of Risar

Manipulate Lesser Beings

Grant Soul for Power

Draw away Divine Power

Change the Planes

Take Risar Power

End of Demons

Akvan Awaken

Divine Spark Scattered

Bound by divine edict

Trapped Out of Time

Akvan Extinquish Divine Inspiration

Infinitesimal Creation

Akvan Alone

Focus Planar Power

Mortal Realm Destructive

End of Mortals

Eternally waiting

Worship Akvan
    Not much new here per say other than the Akvan don't like the Risar and want its(their) power.

I have a few other pieces of lore, though nothing as big.
    There IS invisible NPCs in Southern Draumheim near the Nightmare Scion and is Arak talking about stuff, but unfortunately, he doesn't create a text bubble so I can't take a pic and type it down, and I am NOT recording hours of video to catch it all. lol

Plane Touched

Definitely some interesting stuff in there. Something I was pondering last night that actually came up in this set of text made me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post

Since the dawn of Creation the Sharax have watched over and protected it with our immortal lives. No more! We are free from the curse of the gods, and we will have our revenge.

Fate intervened, and released us from our eternal labors. For what? We were cast aside! There was nothing left! Mortals and demons had taken all of creation!

The Sharax feel their power of the gods no longer. They have abandoned Creation as they long ago abandoned us. We will make all of Creation feel the chill of the endless dark.
    It was the same messenger from Fate that told the Sharax to guard that Akvan and that told them they were released from that task. That means that, originally Fate agreed with the rest of the Vigil about Creation being for mortals. Otherwise it wouldn't have been her messenger. So somewhere AFTER Telara and mortals were created, there was a falling out between Aia and the other gods of the Vigil, and she decided to release the Akvan.

I also find it interesting that even the Sharax say the gods have abandoned Creation. Maybe they are still around, but they abandoned us to our own fate, just like they did the Sharax.

Creation will suffer! We will release all manner of destroyers into its heart. Dragons, Akvan, demons and cosmic invaders shall each have their turn. The Sharax were once Creation's protectors. Now all shall feel our wrath!
    Dragons = Blood Storm. Akvan = ... well, Akvan. Demons = invaders from the planes. Cosmic Invaders = Tenebreans (most likely). Did the Sharax have something to do with the dragons finding and attacking Telara? Did they tip them off somehow? Same question with the Tenebreans. Or are they merely standing aside when they used to block the way?

Overall, very interesting stuff.

Keep in mind that this is from the enemies perspective in-game, so it could be intentionally skewed to make the "good guys" sound worse.

As for the Vigil "abandoning" Creation, I assume there's more to it. They were weakened in the process, so they could be dead or hiding to get their strength back. I dunno how gods in this game work. lol

It's unlikely the Sharax had anything to do with the dragons or blood-storm.
    Though that would be interesting to know, how the blood-storm got together and why exactly.

I assume once they finally tell was what Azdah is and how he works, we might know a lot in regards to the dragons. My guess is he's a Risar, but did he create on of the planes? I dunno cause we don't know how Risar work. We've only seen one, and quests allude to more.

Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    Did the Sharax have something to do with the dragons finding and attacking Telara? Did they tip them off somehow? Same question with the Tenebreans. Or are they merely standing aside when they used to block the way?
    Sharax are unlikely to be relevant to the Blood Storm really, the Akvan and Sharax seem more like a separate piece, but both sides are connected by Aiam who is somewhat of a central antagonist for the moment. As far as Tenebreans go, they seem to be world conquerors and from what I managed to work out the six elemental planes and Telara are like a chain dimension (Makes sense since the original game title was RIFT: Planes of Telara) so I'd imagine the Tenebreans are world-conquerors who're now targeting Telara and it's Planes. But I guess there's no certainty yet, wait for more answers to come and more questions to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez217 View Post
    Aiam who is somewhat of a central antagonist for the moment.
    Who? lol I have never heard of that name.

Plane Touched

Who? lol I have never heard of that name.
    Think they meant Aia, not Aiam.

Quote Originally Posted by dannuck View Post
    Think they meant Aia, not Aiam.
    Yes I meant Aia, lolz

+ Reply to Thread