+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Books?

Default Books?

A friend of mine mentioned there are Rift books available and I'm desperately searching for them. Got a lot of the Gaiscioch folk excited about the game and a lot of them want to research its lore. I've found the comics but is there any other lore in published form that I can direct people too?

I haven't found any, unfortunately... but if anyone HAS- my RP guild would also be VERY interested in reading them. The comics only tell so much...

Wish this site was updated... and the Tales of Telara would be added to. It's hard to work out a solid RP story and 'progression' with such a limited amount of lore. Even more detailed info regarding the different classes (they've already been announced and are being played in Alpha- so, what's the hold up?) would be excellent.

I understand that developing the game itself is priority- but updating the site and so on is also very important to create/promote hype and interest.

More lore please!

I believe there is only the comics that are associated with Rift: Planes of Telara right now. What your guild mates might be thinking of is the series Rift published by Palladium Books. This series is NOT associated with the game. But there has still been some confusion floating around about the two Rifts. If you look into the RPG game series you'll see they are very different.

Palladium Books tried to sue Trion over the use of the name Rift but the case was dismissed. You can read about the lawsuit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Foghladha View Post
    A friend of mine mentioned there are Rift books available and I'm desperately searching for them. Got a lot of the Gaiscioch folk excited about the game and a lot of them want to research its lore. I've found the comics but is there any other lore in published form that I can direct people too?
    Yes there are Rift books but wrong game. Palladium does have books based on their RPG. So your friend is correct.

However, for Rift: PoT, there are comic books called Telara Chronicles #0, #1 have been released already, #2 is due out this month, then #3 and #4. There will be a kinda Rift: PoT book which will basically be a hardcover of all the comic books put out to date. All those are suppose to take place before the actual release of the game, Rift: PoT.

The comic books of Rift: PoT can be ordered by your local store that handles comics. You can google the shops in your area if you don't know where they are. You can also check ebay for the ones being auctioned off. Or read them for free online.

http://www.comixology.com/digital/38...a-Chronicles-0

Telara Chronicles #1

As usual, all timelines can quickly changed.
    Last edited by Jorun; 10-17-2010 at 08:59 PM.

According to my comic book store there are 4 in the series not counting # 0 , which came as a bonus with # 1 and was handed out at cons.

I checked with them yesterday and they told me # 2 was shipping soon. So far they seem to be on a storyline that reveals history.

When I first read the subject I thought maybe you'd be discussing the possibility of in-game books, ala'EQ2, but you are referring to actual books out of game.

No, I think it's just the comics like everyone else said.

However, in-game books is something I would absolutely love to see.
    Last edited by Zephirius; 10-27-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses!

The only book I know about is the graphic novel compilation of the comics that's supposed to be released in February 2011...

+ Reply to Thread