+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Souls Woul?d Go With Chloromancer, Lore-Wise

Default Which Souls Woul?d Go With Chloromancer, Lore-Wise

All of my characters that don't control the Planes of Life and Death have come from my Forest, or have banded together for their own moral reasons. I have a Mage Healer called Ryen, and he had very tortured childhood which made him live in the Forest as a Hermit for a number of years. He hated the Defiants for the events that took place and has a cynical outlook on most things. Now that Telara and the Ascended are in danger, he has chosen to put his petty grievances aside and go to the front lines. I can't figure out what Souls would fit with his character though, as Chloromancer seems like a Life/Earth mix to me?
    Since life is merely a conversation, pay attention the words and the lyrics that they be sayin'...
    - Angel Haze

Rift Disciple

Chloromancer is about nature in its crudest form. Not about animals and not even about plants. It is about the link between Life and death where death gives Life. This is the reason why Chloromancer uses fungi, saphrophytes etc.

With that said, I'd suggest Warlock. It is about giving enemy death so you can live. The inverse function of a Chloromancer. They fit even from mechanic side. And you said that your character lived like a hermit and shunned society, so...even that fits. Note: lock is not evil!

To finish off this build, I'd put Ele as a third option. Just for an ice shield.

He must have a good understanding of the Earth, so I'll take any Earth Spells I get from the Elementalist Tree. Harbinger is to do with life as well, so that seems to go well with Chloromancer.
    Since life is merely a conversation, pay attention the words and the lyrics that they be sayin'...
    - Angel Haze

Rift Disciple

Earth is...sadly absent in Rift. You have some of it in Ele and some in Archon-nevermind the fact that Archon is supposed to be fully devoted to earth >.> .

Life is present in Chloromancer and in Harbinger.

There you have it. Combining those 4 together in a playable build...very hard. Anyhow:

Have fun!

All IMO

Archon - Fire/Earth
    Chloromancer - Life
    Dominator - Air/Death
    Elementalist - Earth/Air/Water/Fire (lesser Fire due to no summon)
    Necromancer - Death
    Pyromancer - Fire
    Warlock - Death
    Stormcaller - Air/Water
    Harbinger - Air/Life
    Arbiter - Water/Air

This is a good guide for what each soul most represents.

Death - 3
    Life - 2
    Fire - 3
    Water - 3
    Earth - 2
    Air - 5

You should keep in mind what was previously explained in the thead - that the nuances of each soul also may flavor the RP. Chloromancer may be Life, but it is 'Life' in the way that plants choke out other life (fungus, etc). Harbinger may be Life, but it is 'Life' in the way that sunlight/pure light encourages growth (Harbinger is about breaching the enemy's defenses through magically charged/created weapons).

+ Reply to Thread