+ Reply to Thread

Thread: favorite race history

Ascendant

Default favorite race history

I'm having trouble picking which race has the best lore history. I like to dive into my characters history when role-playing. I've narrowed it down to dwarf, Balhmi, and kelari. The human races seem very general (nothing note worth) and the high elves are pretty much the same. am i missing something that stands out in these three... and/or which is your favorite history and why. Especially with the bahmi, kelari and dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I'm having trouble picking which race has the best lore history. I like to dive into my characters history when role-playing. I've narrowed it down to dwarf, Balhmi, and kelari. The human races seem very general (nothing note worth) and the high elves are pretty much the same. am i missing something that stands out in these three... and/or which is your favorite history and why. Especially with the bahmi, kelari and dwarf
    I personally like the Eth even though that was not one of your choices. Bahmi might have more interesting but I do not know much about The Shalastiri. Even without Shalastiri, the Bahmi is least developed (so far) in game.

Rift Disciple

Dwarves are pretty fleshed out, and they have personal beef against Akylios and Estrode. Guardians also follow Dwarves at Ember Isle.

Kelari are also quite developed, their lore starts at Freemarch and culminates at Ember Isle. It was Maelforge who screwed them out of EI, but ever since the Wanton Maw was formed, Laethys has added to their problems. Note that only Defiants go through the Kelari Story of EI.

Bahmi, no clue. At all. >_>
    Last edited by LiquidPeace; 05-20-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Ascendant

I can't remember seeing much about bahmi, a little more for eth, elves, andmathosia, but not much. I've only played defiant to shimmersands though so I hadn't seen the kelari... I saw the lore though through reading about the raid. I love dwarf lore, but I already have a dwarf to character.

Mathosian:
    -Launch story/Life&Death Saga
    -Tier 1

High Elf:
    -Tier 1

Dwarf:
    -Launch story
    -Tier 2/Hammerknell/Water Saga
    -Ember Isle

Eth:

Kelari:
    -Tier 3/Ember Isle/Wanton Maw Saga

Bahmi:
    -Barely anything (some mentions and bits of Shimmersand)

~~~

-Mathosians don't need much, just updates every once in a while
    -High Elves imo should have some content at some point
    -Dwarves have plenty imo, but I want the inside of Lord's Hall!
    -Eth DO need some, and I'm personally looking forward to it
    -Kelari are mostly fine for a while
    -BAHMI NEEDS SO MUCH

My favored racial history is Kelari. I do with there was more substantial Nexus info though, and explanations (unless I missed them) on how it mutated them.

Ascendant

Malthusian cant do the death saga and I found the life saga more about high elves and hylas. Did I mis something.

Malthusian cant do the death saga and I found the life saga more about high elves and hylas. Did I mis something.
    Both end in the same place, the Greenscale's Blight raid/chronicle.

Saga of the Endless - Freemarch, Stonefield, Scarlet Gorge, Moonshade Highlands, Stillmoor
    Saga of the Aelfwar - Silverwood, Scarwood, Moonshade Highlands, (I think) Iron Pine Peak, Stillmoor

Saga of the Endless is of course more about Alsbeth, the Endless Court, and the death corruption in Stillmoor. It kinda gives Defiants more of a tie in to what is more normally Mathosian content.

My main is a high elf, but I LOVE Kelaris. I love their brutal, conflicted background. I love how they are inspired by Aztec culture, I love their lore. Their aesthetic is gorgeous- Atia- man, I could spend so much time there it is so beautifully done.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I can't remember seeing much about bahmi, a little more for eth, elves, andmathosia, but not much. I've only played defiant to shimmersands though so I hadn't seen the kelari... I saw the lore though through reading about the raid. I love dwarf lore, but I already have a dwarf to character.
    Kelari were a more Post-Heroes of Telara (the original development form of Rift) creation. Like Bahmi, and maybe-kinda Eth.

So they didn't even have anything until:
    1)Kelari Refuge in Freemarch was added in the testing phases, along with a bit of flavor throughout a few other areas
    2)Ember Isle came out (this one was huge!)
    3)More passes over the game (especially Meridian) integrated Kelari more into stuff

What people are waiting for is the same treatment for Bahmi. An expansion or zone that heavily involves them, quest hub(s) more about them, and more integration of them into the game world and story.

Dwarves and the Kelari are the most fleshed out.
    Mathosian, Eth, and High Elves are a close second.
    Bhami unfortunately, have been ignored a bit with regards to fleshing out their back story. Mainly because they originate from the Plane of Air and settled in Cliffside Vale, neither of which areas players can access nor do they even exist in-game. Leaving pretty huge holes in their lore.

I'd probably have to go with Kelari, simply because it's one of the more fleshed out ones.
    I'd say Eth, but they REALLY need to go into their ancient society background more other than it existed but mobs from the Plane of Fire gone done blew it up.

+ Reply to Thread