+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bitnine
  • 1 Post By bitnine

Thread: What's the lore behind Bindings of Blood raids?

Default What's the lore behind Bindings of Blood raids?

The first thing I heard was that they're like "past-slivers" where instead of going into an alternate future, you go into the past and you see how all the dragons got imprisoned. Is that true?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

That seems to be the general idea. We'll have to wait until the patch actually hits in ~3 weeks for the additional quests which will presumably provide the information about the new raids.
    Last edited by Snore; 04-14-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Now that we have got the Bindings of Blood.

How the hell does the story work?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    The first thing I heard was that they're like "past-slivers" where instead of going into an alternate future, you go into the past and you see how all the dragons got imprisoned. Is that true?
    From what I've gathered, there's apparently a goddess of fate. (Previously the sixth member of the vigil?) Killing the blood storm has opened the door for something else, possibly worse, to come and try to claim Telara.

To try to prevent this, agents of fate have gone back in time to rewrite history so that the blood storm were never bound in the first place, in order to prevent them from being killed in our time. But our characters follow suit and go back in time as well to prevent history from being changed.

It's been specifically said that these are not slivers, they are from the actual past of Telara. And a few changes to the epic life quest have been made to represent alterations to history even after the Ascended prevail.

Wait, so we're bad guys now? Cool
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Well, if that's your take on things I guess we've been the "bad guys" ever since Regulos mentioned that he shrouded Telara from boundless horrors and we didn't say "Oops - our mistake, sir! By all means, take Telara back then!"

Not really. It's basically a disagreement.

One side is saying "better the evil you know", and is messing with the timeline to try to bring back the dragons, because at least we know that we can handle them. This has consquences: first off, there may be negative side effects to screwing with time, and secondly, it means that there's powerful dragons on the loose.

The second side is saying "we handled the dragons, and we can handle whatever else comes our way. We won't leave the Blood Storm to run amok and kill people".

2.7 will bring in "Hero's Unrest" Rifts as well as new zone events.
    Those will show you that our tamperings with the Bindings of Blood raids (our past) has an interesting effect on our present time.

The Hero's Unrest Rifts - for instance - have final bosses as "Avatar of [Plane]" (as opposed to "Avatar of Laethys"/etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    One side is saying "better the evil you know", and is messing with the timeline to try to bring back the dragons, because at least we know that we can handle them. This has consquences: first off, there may be negative side effects to screwing with time, and secondly, it means that there's powerful dragons on the loose.
    Actually, the voice of fate that you hear in the Binding of Akylios instance puts things into perspective. She says that Telara must be sacrificed for the good of the planes. Which kinda makes sense as a motivation, since I never did figure that you'd really have a great long-term containment strategy for Regulos.

+ Reply to Thread