+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ashora, ogres, architects and Volan

Telaran

Default Ashora, ogres, architects and Volan

Can someone explain Ashora to me?

I was leveling 50-60 purely in Dusken zones, i have all quests and carnages achievements there. I never really needed to see this Brevane continent, but I had to, because its the end game world content. I went straight to Ashora aand... was confused.

Someone from Meridian or Tempest Bay sent me to a place in Ashora called Nurjak Vostra to meet a wise ogre. Okay. I entered Daemon Loci, ran across the continent and found the tent camp. Now the shaman tells me I am following some guys footsteps, shows him to me and I must answer honestly, whether I recognize him. I have no idea: so NO is the answer. Then he starts talking about some Salvarola and sends me to see some other guys in the desert out there. I found some steps, lit fire on a mountaintop and entered some ruins. I got rid of the mechanicals there, viewed a memory. Crucia handling this old man or whatever. End.

Really?

There are no other quests but dailies? Okay, from what I read I remember Ashora being ogre empire supported by Crucia, which fell down some time ago to architect invasion. I met those bugs over there in Dusken. But they served Crucia. Whats up here with them? They seem to control border forts, where the ogres (qaijiri or achyati?) fight them and take forts with our help. There are some empyrean alliance soldiers helping, but who are they? And what to do with the movable items, and why?

Why are there green patches with water when the rest is pure wasteland? I did some IAs in those places, but they are not mentioned nor explained anywhere. What is the point there?

Next: Zone events. I have seen some Ashora-specific, which is quite a good thing. Silver Army is self-explaining. Storm Legion wanting more batallions, so they rob ancient depots. How did they know ? Good event.
    Volan, huh? In the middle of nowhere a giant something I cannot even see jumps down in three raids formed and battle-ready. We do not fight it. We fight its armor, thats the metal around its body, but... its not falling off. Then he just walks away to some wall, simply breaks in and fights us there. Here comes the lagfest (boom-seconds of silence-boom-seconds of silence-iamdead-boom-andsoon). There are people who leave me heal people down there and jump somewhere on roofs where i cannot reach them, or even on the i-cant-see-it-its-too-big. Then it falls to the earth, disappears. Woah, there be scientists, and more dailies! This is a really great event, but I cant see the reason behind it. Can someone explain it to me? Thanks.

I meant no offense, but as I saw the cinematic to FtP, I recognized what I saw. but never in-game. Volan is a great sight on ... in the video. And another question - i do not raid - Volan fight somewhere? I saw him in cinematic to IG and PBB, but whats the deal? Did we not destroy the colossus in Ashora before? I am missing the link Volan thing - Crucia. Here another question emerges - there are raids and dungeons and all in Dusken, i discovered them in open world. None in Brevane. Are they hidden, non-existent, or?

P.S.: I know now who Salvarola is. I met him on another character and his mutant pet too. I played trial before SL and after SL, and leveled up (excluding Brevane) when FtP hit. And I like things making sense to me.

Ok, Im going to try to answer some if not all the questions...

*snip*. End.

Really?
    First off Ashora is a weird zone its a lot like Steppes of Infinity in the sense that most of the story was in the previous zones and its mostly exposition about past events. The short story line you completed in Ashora tells a scant amount of history and explains why Salvarola is evil in the previous zones and why he had to be defeated. That is why the story line ends abruptly it is trying up loose ends and giving us back story that didn't properly fit into the previous zones.

The previous zones focus around Salvarola and his plans for the Eternal City and its powerful resources. If you look at a map the majority of the south Brevane was once a large city state spanning multiple zones. Ashora is no exception and the once held mighty Eternal City technology.

Okay, from what I read I remember Ashora being ogre empire supported by Crucia, which fell down some time ago to architect invasion. I met those bugs over there in Dusken. But they served Crucia. Whats up here with them? They seem to control border forts, where the ogres (qaijiri or achyati?) fight them and take forts with our help. There are some empyrean alliance soldiers helping, but who are they? And what to do with the movable items, and why?
    You are right when you say in Dusken the Architects (Bugs) are the minions of Crucia. This is not true about the last true Architect Hive on Telara which is located in the Dendrome. The bugs you see in Ashora are spill over from the Dendrome Hive. In fact the reason the entire zone is sand and there are small parts that are inexplicably jungle is because it was once all jungle but the Architects deconstruct matter into sand. These small parts are just areas the architects have not yet got to.

So some background the Qaijiri (Ashoran Ogre Tribe) were for a long time seperated from there brothers the Achyati (Dendrome Ogre Tribe) by the wall that was recently opened. The Ogres the Achyati and I think to some extent the Qaijiri have for a long time been peaceful being giving up material wealth (as would be traditional for ogres) for wealth of the mind particularly wisdom and spiritual wealth. They do not really go into those ogre tribes history any further to my knowledge.

Silver Army is self-explaining. Storm Legion wanting more batallions, so they rob ancient depots. How did they know ?
    The SIlver Army constructs where initially given to the Eternal City in some sort of dealings with Crucia. So she knew they must still be there.

Volan?
    Volan event in a nutshell is... Long ago there was a 'secret' area called the Bio-Foundry it was part of the Eternal City in the area we know as Ashora. There was also a race called Karthans. Well, Volan is the last Karthan alive because the jerks at the Bio-Foundry long ago captured him did some crazy experiments which probably caused him to grow huge and stole his 'soul' so he would be a minion. They then forced him to kill all the other karthans. They then deemed him to powerful and locked him in the side of the mountain. Until Crucia & CO. released him... Now he is pissed and wants to kill everything cause everyone was a d*ck to him. When you defeat him he is 'captured' by an unseen force probably Crucia. He is then fought again as a raid encounter at the Infinity Gate.

The dailies in that area (post volan) are really just seeing what the old Eternal City scientists were doing...

PS: Please correct me if I am wrong and keep asking questions if you have more. I think I covered most of the questions....
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-13-2014 at 04:52 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Telaran

Thank you for your insight, IonCannon.

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    So some background the Qaijiri (Ashoran Ogre Tribe) were for a long time seperated from there brothers the Achyati (Dendrome Ogre Tribe) by the wall that was recently opened. The Ogres the Achyati and I think to some extent the Qaijiri have for a long time been peaceful being giving up material wealth (as would be traditional for ogres) for wealth of the mind particularly wisdom and spiritual wealth. They do not really go into those ogre tribes history any further to my knowledge.
    A few remaining questions (probably more fitting into adventure or general part of the forum):

This is enlighting, but whats the matter with the border forts in the north of Ashora? I remember Dendrome was released later (2.3), so this was some sort of pre-launch event not current anymore? Is there no leading quest to this in-game?

So no more quests, only dailies and carnages? Kinda odd, since Steppes of Infinity had a quite zone-covering Nixtoc story.

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    There was also a race called Karthans.
    I first met this word regarding to the WF Karthan Ridge, i thought it to be named randomly. But i am okay with this kind of side lore.

There is still the Empyreal Alliance left, they seem to be some expeditionary force from Tempest Bay led by Batua, fighting the Architects in Ashora back and continuing after breaking a wall (2.3) in the Dendrome. Am i right, or was there any other story before that? I met Batua first in the A Hero Rises chronicle, and then in Dendrome, but not in Ashora, and he seemed like being a bit of a major character. But not mentioned anywhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kviki View Post
    This is enlighting, but whats the matter with the border forts in the north of Ashora? I remember Dendrome was released later (2.3), so this was some sort of pre-launch event not current anymore? Is there no leading quest to this in-game?
    Your right the border forts are a 2.3 launch event. Its only really useful for grinding some rep now.

There is still the Empyreal Alliance left, they seem to be some expeditionary force from Tempest Bay led by Batua, fighting the Architects in Ashora back and continuing after breaking a wall (2.3) in the Dendrome. Am i right, or was there any other story before that? I met Batua first in the A Hero Rises chronicle, and then in Dendrome, but not in Ashora, and he seemed like being a bit of a major character. But not mentioned anywhere before.
    Generally you are are right about the the Empyreal Alliance they are the coalition of the Tempest Bay, Dusken and Brevane allied forces along with some big name Defiant and Guardian volunteers. They are there to explore the Dendrome and to fight the Awakened/Architects threats. This also leads into Hailol and that whole Dendrome storyline... I think you get the quest to go there in Ashora at the forward base kinda near near the gate to the Dendrome.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Batua is the general of Casimar's army. You first meet him in the Eastern Holdings if you are Guardian and then you meet him again during the battle for the Tower of Dawn.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

(snip)
    I first met this word regarding to the WF Karthan Ridge, i thought it to be named randomly.
    One of the wonderful things about this game is that you will come to find that lore-wise, not much is random. Eventually it gets tied together though one may have to wait a while. The stuff that has been abandoned generally gets recycled into in-jokes via artifacts and NPC comments. Like Plain-Touched Wilds.

I met Batua first in the A Hero Rises chronicle, and then in Dendrome, but not in Ashora, and he seemed like being a bit of a major character. But not mentioned anywhere before.
    Someone already mentioned about Batua, and you can have a drinking contest with him in the forest bunker. Forget the name at the mome- OH it's Auroborous Woods, I think.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

General lore progression seems to go as thus:

-Earlier Air Saga, Exodus of the Storm Queen... basically the leadup to Storm Legion

-Cape Jule-Kingsward, Kingdom of Pelladane-Morban, and several dungeons... basically the leveling content

-Ashora and Steppes of Infinity... basically start of endgame

-A Hero Rises, Frozen Tempest, Endless Eclipse... basically T1 storyline

-Empyreal Alliance, Dendrome, Hive Chronicle... basically T1-T2 endgame areas

-Infinity Gate, Planebreaker Bastion, Planebreaker Chronicle... basically T2 storyline

-Later Air Saga, Realm of Twisted Dreams, Return to Deepstrike, Laethys Chronicle...basically filler leadup to expansion themes

-Final Air Saga, upcoming Runic quests, upcoming Bindings of Blood raids... basically T3 storyline leadup to expansion

-Entering the Plane of Water :O

+ Reply to Thread