+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grim Awakening lore/story?

Shadowlander

Default Grim Awakening lore/story?

Hello!

Returning player leveling up here. I like reading about the story/lore behind different raids and zones, even if I'm not there yet, but can't find anything on Grim Awakening. I didn't find it mentioned in the raids or slivers section of the main Rift site at all.

(www.riftgame.com/en/world/slivers/ Kaliban seems to be the main art there, but there's no link to Grim Awakening as one of the slivers, just:

Drowned Halls
    Gilded Prophecy
    Primeval Feast
    Rise of the Phoenix)

So basically: what's the deal with Grim Awakening? I imagine it's some kind of fire-alternate-timeline thing, and Salvarola/Kyzan/Kaliban already exist in the SL story, but who's Ultane? Is it a world where Maelforge won? Is it some death-fire thing, or just fire?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MNWolf View Post
    Hello!

Returning player leveling up here. I like reading about the story/lore behind different raids and zones, even if I'm not there yet, but can't find anything on Grim Awakening. I didn't find it mentioned in the raids or slivers section of the main Rift site at all.

(www.riftgame.com/en/world/slivers/ Kaliban seems to be the main art there, but there's no link to Grim Awakening as one of the slivers, just:

Drowned Halls
    Gilded Prophecy
    Primeval Feast
    Rise of the Phoenix)

So basically: what's the deal with Grim Awakening? I imagine it's some kind of fire-alternate-timeline thing, and Salvarola/Kyzan/Kaliban already exist in the SL story, but who's Ultane? Is it a world where Maelforge won? Is it some death-fire thing, or just fire?

Thanks!
    1) All slivers are alternate timelines.

2) If I recall correctly, the story behind Grim Awakening is that Salvarola and the Awakened chose a different path in order to achieve/mimic ascension: making pacts with demons from the plane of fire. Ultane is the demon that Salvarola made a pact with.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

All the slivers are kind of What if scenarios. In this dimension the Awakened under Salverola achieve 'ascension' through dealings with Ultane and successfully take over Kingsward and likely all of Brevane. In this scenario the Princess Issabella is killed by Saverola and Prince Casimar is out for revenge but ends up being killed by his brother Kaliban who has accepted Salverola's promise of power. We catch up to him shortly after his death and finish what he set out to do.

Ultane does seem to be primarily fire based but you are correct there is a little death mixed in as well its called Blood-Fire.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-11-2014 at 09:43 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Does Kyzan exist outside of GA, I've never ran into him questing.

As for your question I think Ioncannon covered it, I never really got into slivers as no matter what happens they've no affect on the game world which is a pity.
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Ultane does seem to be primarily fire based but you are correct there is a little death mixed in as well its called Blood-Fire.
    By the pact of Ultane, I call upon the Lords of Blood and Fire... Blood and fire?

Oh, I get it - Bloodfire. Hm. I do wonder if the for-reals Ultane will make an appearance as part of the Bloodfire army, and what his position therein would be.

+ Reply to Thread