+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unstable Books (uploaded texts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    *quickly changes his password*
    I found it very suspicious that there was a Dead Simon artifact over the unstable I looted....like Simon wants all unstables for himself !

General of Telara

I could read Rules of the Icewatch without conditions but History of the Sun Temple I cannot. I'll try with tomorrow's patch. I do like this system can see myself spending hours on some of these.

Ok, I misunderstood soulshields initial statement. I thought he meant the books requirements were being done away with. Not that they are being fixed to work properly. Additionally Accol that book seems to be working properly according to Simon.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

General of Telara

I figured out how to read History of the Sun Temple. I don't want to spoil how but will say that it wasn't any of the ideas in this tread so far.

The Ceremony of the Orb's Unveiling

I hesitated before applying the final graft to the Orb. Fiction loves to vilify mortals such as myself. Creating machinery that would touch the celestial realms, based on plans not fully understood whose origins were kept as a secret even from those of us that must build it? While our mages, priests and scientists had all blessed this endeavor, was this not the hubris that bards loved to sing cautionary tales of?

But as I thought back to the events of the construction, the miracles that became an almost daily occurrence, the joy and serenity that I saw blossom in those that contact with the Orb, how could I delay? Was is jealousy? I witnessed many strange and magical events happen in the lives of the workers that pieced it together, and the clergy that focused it's power upon the celestial realms. Yet I myself was unaffected? Was I really so selfish to demand metaphysical payment before I would enrich Telara? I inserted the final piece, a composite of gold, Rhenium and the Ephemeral Element, inscribed with runes of the celestial language itself.

And the Orb started to spin.

"Build a temple of contemplation upon this site!"

That voice! It was my Mother calling me home. No it was my Grandfather. My professor of eldritch theory whom I loved. Did we create an intelligent construct? A metallic god kin of our own design? What did it demand?

"Stray thoughts get in the way." Said a little girl. It was me, the me when I was at peace, happy, the day I found the stray kitten and played with it in the sun.

'Think if a temple where one can find their peace, and we will build it together." I saw five of the Six, though their features were Obscured by the brightness of the sun. I imagined a roof open to the sky, a balcony upon the sound, and a nearby shop to get my tea.

When the light dimmed I witnessed the final brick cement itself into place. It's first miracle was to build a home, a shared space fit for both mortal and divine. The assembled dignitaries of the Tempest and Sun courts exploded in cheers. I wept with joy.

Added the text to the first page. Also now I have to find out how to read it- got my last missing page today.

Got fen gorge geology volume II
    Will post text on here once I figure out how to read it...assuming it's not bugged right now.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.

Fen Gorge Geology Volume II:

Some rock faces in the Fen Gorge exhibit tafoni features more commonly found in the intertidal or arid climes seem out of place in the more temperate, upland forests of Eastern Holdings. An analysis of the rock in the multi-planar spectral analysis shows that contrary to most of the geologic formation with a minor igneous attunement to earth, or the rare flametouched metamorphic veins that have been exposed due to geologic tightening, the honeycombed rock faces in question have an entirely different attunement. Indeed an analysis shows a high concentrate to the rock with is sedimentary in nature. Weathering of the rock face over the centuries has caused the uneven leeching of minerals and the formation of tafoni features, as well as some of the larger caves found within.

This anomalous structure could only have formed if there was a strong connection to the Plane of Water in the area, but being high in the mountains, away from any fount or spring, no such connection could be found. However upon further investigation it was discovered that the barrier relays in the local area were having an odd resonate effect upon each other. While the relays were calibrated properly to resist the tidal energies, the stonebound relays were drawing in 4% more empyreal slugs of force than intended. This caused a negative penumbra in the Fen Gorge resulting in a tidal overflow, and the tafoni features of the gorge. The relays have been reset and the unique features will not spread, nor will the tidetouched feature deepen.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    Fen Gorge Geology Volume II:

Some rock faces in the Fen Gorge exhibit tafoni features more commonly found in the intertidal or arid climes seem out of place in the more temperate, upland forests of Eastern Holdings. An analysis of the rock in the multi-planar spectral analysis shows that contrary to most of the geologic formation with a minor igneous attunement to earth, or the rare flametouched metamorphic veins that have been exposed due to geologic tightening, the honeycombed rock faces in question have an entirely different attunement. Indeed an analysis shows a high concentrate to the rock with is sedimentary in nature. Weathering of the rock face over the centuries has caused the uneven leeching of minerals and the formation of tafoni features, as well as some of the larger caves found within.

This anomalous structure could only have formed if there was a strong connection to the Plane of Water in the area, but being high in the mountains, away from any fount or spring, no such connection could be found. However upon further investigation it was discovered that the barrier relays in the local area were having an odd resonate effect upon each other. While the relays were calibrated properly to resist the tidal energies, the stonebound relays were drawing in 4% more empyreal slugs of force than intended. This caused a negative penumbra in the Fen Gorge resulting in a tidal overflow, and the tafoni features of the gorge. The relays have been reset and the unique features will not spread, nor will the tidetouched feature deepen.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Added to first page.

General of Telara

Underworld Communications:

Dignitaries of all thirteen colonies of the Eth arrived to commemorate our leaving. Though the first two colonies are lost to us, my hope is that the oceans provide a more hospitable environment. The newly appointed Commissar of the colony is none other than the adviser to the High Sorcerer Priest, Orphiel. I am a bit concerned by this development. The adviser has done so much over the years to push forward the science and the true art, and yet... From a practical standpoint he is utter rubbish. His machines never work properly, they are always malfunctioning, or breaking down, or exploding. Often time they will do all at once. The challenges facing the Ghar colony on the Plane of Water will be numerous, and the resources we can take are limited. I would trade mighty Orphiel's seat for a less brilliant but more competent engineer.

But the High Sorcerer has made her proclamation, so I will have to endure Orphiel's presence. I wonder what it is about this expedition that convinced him to leave his ivory tower in Redoubt to face such danger. I suspect he knows more about the workings of this plane, and others then he should. Cryptic remarks, knowing smiles, inappropriate giggling during discussions about the Abyssal dangers- I have begun to question this madman of Eth. So little is known about him, and yet we entrust him with so much power, and rely upon his wisdom unquestionably. Are we fools? Is this the undoing of Eth?

I will send messages of our progress when I can. They say the Ghar Consciousness will be able to pierce the elemental veil with its network as long as the sourcestone amplifiers function. May your investigations in piercing the accursed Ward be as fruitful as our efforts to colonize the elements. Write when you can. And wish us luck, Sun willing we'll settle on some beach that puts Ember Isle to shame. It can't all be madness and tentacles can it?

Your Cousin,
    Atars Catari

Just got Spooky Book, will post text once I figure this thing out.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

Just got Spooky Book, will post text once I figure this thing out.
    Nevermind, spooky book was stupidly easy to figure out. here's the text
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death was not destroyed.
    Do you think that Regulos was the god of death?
    He was a dragon that wielded death.
    He was a powerful necromancer demon.
    Death awaits you, (your name).
    I am coming for you.
    It is your fate.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

Nevermind, spooky book was stupidly easy to figure out. here's the text
    Death was not destroyed.
    Do you think that Regulos was the god of death?
    He was a dragon that wielded death.
    He was a powerful necromancer demon.
    Death awaits you, (your name).
    I am coming for you.
    It is your fate.
    This sounds interesting- will add both books to the front page later.

Edit: Senviva Family History, Academy Book and Sagespire Spells Volume II are missing now?
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-28-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    This sounds interesting- will add both books to the front page later.

Edit: Senviva Family History, Academy Book and Sagespire Spells Volume II are missing now?
    Thanks for adding to the front page, and that's correct. I'm not missing much out of each set...1 page for senviva, 2 for sagespire and 3 for academy hand, so I should have them finished reasonably soon.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

Sagespire Spells Volume II

Mind Control Noodles
    Affects: 4-6 targets

2 1/2 cup Dwarven Pipe Noodles
    5 cups Ram's Milk
    1 whole roasted Winternut Squash, skin removed
    1/2 Amber Onion, finely diced
    24 oz. Sharp Freemarch Cheddar, shredded
    1 Cockatrice Egg
    3 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons Ram's Butter
    1 teaspoon Ground Mustard Seed
    1 teaspoon Dwarven Paprika
    Fresh ground black pepper

Toppings:
    3/4 cup Shi-Ming Bread Crumbs
    6 tablesoons Ram's Butter, melted

Method:
    Preheat a stone oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a metal pot, add the flour and the ground mustard and combine. Let that start bubbling. Puree the squash in the milk and make sure there are 5 total cups of liquid combined and add that to the pot. Add the onion and the paprika to the pot. Let that heat up over medium high head for about 5 to 10 minutes so it's hot enough to melt the cheese. Stir the cheese mixture until it all melts into a sauce. Add ground pepper to taste.
    Cook the noodles but make sure to leave them slightly underdone or they will be mushy later and the spell will not work. Drain the noodles and pour into a 3 qt. stoneware baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over the noodles a little at a time, stopping to mix everything together. Typically, this takes about 3 stages of pouring. Sprinkle remaining 6 oz. of cheese on top.

To make the topping, melt the butter in a smaller pot and use it to coat the bread crumbs. Spread the buttery crumbs so they cover the whole casserole.

Bake for 25 minutes and let rest for 10 minutes before serving to your intended targets.

Effect:
    When consumed, the target will immediately fall under the sway of the caster. They will also be left with the lingering effect of craving more of these noodles in the future.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85

Front page updated. Going to eat some mind control noodles now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast