+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unstable Books (uploaded texts)

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Does the sun orb shining? Maybe this light? I have no clue
    I've tried all over Palladane. Don't know if the time of day would make a difference.

Plane Walker

I would have guessed by the light of the Tuldio Sun Orb as well. I too am anxious to read this book.

Plane Walker

one other guess would be by the light that comes through the glass in the Temple of the Abandoned, though this is in the Dendrome I think.

Did anyone figure it out yet? I would assume you could read it in the sun temple itself or when the sun orb is active.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-01-2014 at 11:54 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

OK i probably have the answer by the way the sun temple device most of the time is inactive (just floating) but every once in a while it will start glowing bright light. I bet the book can be read when it is in its glowing phase. It glowed for ~5 minutes when I was there then went inactive.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

The books should be readable without a condition at the moment....Simon`s fixes for this are part of the update this week :P Otherwise I would probably asked for help to read these books :P
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-01-2014 at 12:23 PM.

So on top of making the books incredibly hard to get, they make them hard to read.

lol It's like the devs at Trion hate adding lore to the game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    So on top of making the books incredibly hard to get, they make them hard to read.

lol It's like the devs at Trion hate adding lore to the game or something.
    I really like this! It makes it feel more satisfying... Think of it like a failsafe you can only read and understand about this incredible weapon/machine/god/thing if its existence is safe because it takes a number of empyrean priests to run it. If it is destroyed or isnt producing light all knowledge of it will be lost forever as the book cannot be read.

Edit: I think all unstable books should be unstable to read aswell.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-01-2014 at 12:41 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Only missing page 7 for the History of the Sun Temple

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    The books should be readable without a condition at the moment....Simon`s fixes for this are part of the update this week :P Otherwise I would probably asked for help to read these books :P
    Where did you get this info? I haven't seen any dev post saying that books do not have conditions. When you click on History of the Sun Temple it gives a screen message "This book can only be read by a special kind of light."tbh I hope devs wouldn't spoil where and how to read the book.

Just so I don't make a derpy mistake the sun orb is at 7090,5535 correct? I'll try and camp it today and see if I can find its glow phase.

That is the correct location. Additionally I don't think there is going to be a "fix" (if you want to call it that) for the unstable books. I sure haven't seen anything indicating they will be changed.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 04-01-2014 at 03:26 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    That is the correct location. Additionally I don't think there is going to be a "fix" (if you want to call it that) for the unstable books. I sure haven't seen anything indicating they will be changed.
    Simon pmed about this topic, because I made the thread and he asked me if I could read them without the condition....the conditions seems to be broken somehow on live servers this will be fixed in a few hours for EU and in serveral hours for NA.
    Strange that you have a condition on the book- my books were easy to read :P
    Simon wants to get this fix out before too much people have books
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-01-2014 at 03:32 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

So none of you think that Soulshield is trolling you he got his information via a PM from me.

When I saw that he had been able to read the Unstable Harrow Tome and was wondering about the tool tip I knew something had gone wrong. I contacted him to get more information.

ALL 9 books have a condition to read them and I certainly will NOT be giving away what they are. Some are relatively easy some are anything but.

There was a problem that meant that some of the books were not respecting their conditions correctly. Some always worked properly, such as the one you are currently discussing. However with tomorrows patch they will all be working again... at least in theory I will check when the patch goes live.

Anyone who gets all nine will get an achievement that awards a Dimension Item that will allow them or anyone with the achievement to read the books whenever they stand near it.

Have fun tracking them down

And before anyone asks I am about half way through adding they tweaks to the Unstable Events themselves. They will still be very hard just in case you were wondering
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 04-01-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    So none of you think that Soulshield is trolling you he got his information via a PM from me.

When I saw that he had been able to read the Unstable Harrow Tome and was wondering about the tool tip I knew something had gone wrong. I contacted him to get more information.

ALL 9 books have a condition to read them and I certainly will NOT be giving away what they are. Some are relatively easy some are anything but.

There was a problem that meant that some of the books were not respecting their conditions correctly. Some always worked properly, such as the one you are currently discussing. However with tomorrows patch they will all be working again... at least in theory I will check when the patch goes live.

Anyone who gets all nine will get an achievement that awards a Dimension Item that will allow them or anyone with the achievement to read the books whenever they stand near it.

Have fun tracking them down

And before anyone asks I am about half way through adding they trweaks to the Unstable Events themselves. They will still be very hard just in case you were wondering
    Still 1st April in NA this was me using Simon`s account.... :P

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

*quickly changes his password*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast