+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hardy83

Thread: Live Air Saga Feedback

  1. #1
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default Live Air Saga Feedback

    Done the first two acts, working on third.

    First one, whatever, no complaints.

    Decorated with Icewatch is fine imo.

    Spelling and grammar mistakes minimal (FINALLY).

    Second act is alright, and I like when world event storylines return as

    So far I like the weapon (skin, basically) rewards . Not really good for my main (he's more about a Fire Assassin theme right now), but possibly good for alts to acquire. I can think of my Cleric (tank) and Warrior (DPS but will get healing soul) going for them!

    Nothing Stays Lost quest (the parchments) was horrible to do and took an hour or more. Omg. No. Hate it.

    Looking forward to Act 4-5.

    Act 4 rewards seem meh (looking at Riftgrate), Act 5 seems fine (but looks short?).

    Story is solid and that's what I'm looking for in these things (+ worthy rewards).

    I like hearing Regulos' voice. I hope he's not gone forever.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    "Nothing Stays Lost" - sixth parchment would not complete, then tried to get a sixth again and got regular stuff and vendor stuff, still would not convert / complete - ticketed it, no reply yet ( 24 hrs later, waiting, before I cancel and redo).

    Just an update.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Took over several tries to get my 6th page.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Ya, I went back finally and cancelled and redid it.

    Moving on now to the next one.

  5. #5
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    The nothing stays lost quest WAS dumb.

    I think I understand what they were trying to do, making exploring a goal, but to tell a story, especially the main story, do NOT do stupid crap like that.
    Main stories should be a straight line, easily attainable.
    Putting up artificial barriers like low quest item drop rates (see Release the Hounds quest where I can't complete it because none of the GHunts will drop the quest item) or making small hard to see quest items that you have trouble finding because it's small and hard to see and no glowing or any other UI hints or alerts in any way.

    It's just flat out bad story telling.

    It'd be like if the game Last of US, in the middle of the game, you suddenly had to go back and collect 20 nails in the rubble of a city, giving you no clue where to find them, and no UI alerts to show you when you're near them. It's just stupid and ruins the flow.

    I'm not that far in. I'm on Release the Hounds quest which is after the moronic Nothing Stays lost quest, and they are both stupid.

    It's frustrating because when it seems like they are making strides to improve the story (more NPCs have lore info, more books etc) you get smacked in the face with these stupid barriers (stupid low drop rates, hard to find quest items, books locked behind almost impossible to get artifact sets)

    Stupid stupid stupid. lol WHY must MMOs have SO much trouble telling a story. It's not just Rift. They ALL suffer from bad story telling.
    WHHY!!!! :P

  6. #6
    Rift Master Luteuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    The nothing stays lost quest WAS dumb.

    I think I understand what they were trying to do, making exploring a goal, but to tell a story, especially the main story, do NOT do stupid crap like that.
    Main stories should be a straight line, easily attainable.
    Putting up artificial barriers like low quest item drop rates (see Release the Hounds quest where I can't complete it because none of the GHunts will drop the quest item) or making small hard to see quest items that you have trouble finding because it's small and hard to see and no glowing or any other UI hints or alerts in any way.

    It's just flat out bad story telling.

    It'd be like if the game Last of US, in the middle of the game, you suddenly had to go back and collect 20 nails in the rubble of a city, giving you no clue where to find them, and no UI alerts to show you when you're near them. It's just stupid and ruins the flow.

    I'm not that far in. I'm on Release the Hounds quest which is after the moronic Nothing Stays lost quest, and they are both stupid.

    It's frustrating because when it seems like they are making strides to improve the story (more NPCs have lore info, more books etc) you get smacked in the face with these stupid barriers (stupid low drop rates, hard to find quest items, books locked behind almost impossible to get artifact sets)

    Stupid stupid stupid. lol WHY must MMOs have SO much trouble telling a story. It's not just Rift. They ALL suffer from bad story telling.
    WHHY!!!! :P

    you never played everquest (original) did you?? talk about needle in the haystack quests 95% of the time.

    I agree to a point but I think maybe in the quest text they could have an understanding that you would be searching for the quest times. As for difficulty of finding the items, i found that they were literally 10 possible quest items in a circle and most of them inside a building with a few lying outside the buildings in the surrounding grassy areas. Took me about 10 minutes to complete the quest but I do play later in the day and they may have not been farmed just before me.

    I have only tried 1 Ghunt since I last played and no quest item. Will play again tonight and try some more Ghunts to see if they increased the drop rate, which If i remember correctly, they were going to do that.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

  7. #7
    Rift Master Luteuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I like hearing Regulos' voice. I hope he's not gone forever.
    So, since the air saga quest went backwards in time, the quests in morban would have been during Regulos' influence (we had not killed him yet). I think this will be retroactively the last we hear his voice besides doing EE over and over again.

    What I WOULD have liked was to hear that during the leveling up process when SL launched. What a prelude to EE that would have been, having him haunt us in each zone.

    EDIT: i think there was some of this happening in pelladane. can't remember been a while.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 02-28-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    you never played everquest (original) did you?? talk about needle in the haystack quests 95% of the time.
    HeHe, when I left EQ (original) in 2006, they still had thousands of things 'not found'; and as I recall reading some news, in 2011, there were still many many items and quest things not found.

  9. #9
    Rift Master Luteuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    HeHe, when I left EQ (original) in 2006, they still had thousands of things 'not found'; and as I recall reading some news, in 2011, there were still many many items and quest things not found.
    a quick check showed back in 2007 there were 3000 items undiscovered.

    I wonder how many undiscovered items there are in Rift. most likely crafting low level items with high end augs being the culprit most of the time.

    To get back on track:

    I am enjoying questing again and have enjoyed the saga so far.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 02-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts