+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: How would a Defiant Fly?

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator CastigarFalknor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    242

    Default How would a Defiant Fly?

    Greetings,

    There was a discussion yesterday in a different thread addressing the issues of adding flying mounts to the game. Attention was given to the deep lore of the Rift realm so that things would not be out of context. There are few mentions of any types of Flying animals from the stories. The question is...the Defiants, being in touch with technology, would they ride a living creature or create a machine to help them traverse the skies? An interesting question that probably does not have much lore background, or I could not find any to help support the idea.

    Any other ideas or references about creatures in Rift? Would Defiants prefer a piece of technology over a living beast for a mount? Hmmmmm

    Onward My Friends,
    ~Cast
    ~Castigar Falknor~

    *Telaratorial : The Rift Socialite*
    Rift Gameplay/Tutorial Videos

    >>www.Telaratorial.com<<


    "Success...to Earn the Appreciation of Honest Critics"

  2. #2
    Plane Touched MacDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ & Skåne, EU
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CastigarFalknor View Post
    Greetings,

    There was a discussion yesterday in a different thread addressing the issues of adding flying mounts to the game. Attention was given to the deep lore of the Rift realm so that things would not be out of context. There are few mentions of any types of Flying animals from the stories. The question is...the Defiants, being in touch with technology, would they ride a living creature or create a machine to help them traverse the skies? An interesting question that probably does not have much lore background, or I could not find any to help support the idea.

    Any other ideas or references about creatures in Rift? Would Defiants prefer a piece of technology over a living beast for a mount? Hmmmmm

    Onward My Friends,
    ~Cast
    Don't the defiant ride a Mecho-horse on the ground? Why would their tastes change when shifting to flying mounts?
    See the Mecho-horse here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/wallpapers.php#5
    Mac

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator CastigarFalknor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Greetings,

    Right. That ground mount and a few of the others I've seen. Just to give you some background...in the other long thread about flying mounts people were mentioning a bunch of different animals they would like to see in the game, and it just hit me that none of them would go along with the theme for the Defiants. So it just made me curious if anyone had any opinions or cool ideas or examples from lore or imagination.

    Onward My Friends,
    ~Cast
    ~Castigar Falknor~

    *Telaratorial : The Rift Socialite*
    Rift Gameplay/Tutorial Videos

    >>www.Telaratorial.com<<


    "Success...to Earn the Appreciation of Honest Critics"

  4. #4
    Defiant Maven missdoomcookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Anyone who has played the Moors of Ykesha zone I built for Everquest 2 knows how I like to make people fly. ;)

    http://www.mmo-symposium.com/wp-cont...tofirmroot.jpg
    http://www.mmorpg-info.org/wp-conten...00031-copy.jpg
    Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
    Lore Lead - Defiants
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    "I learned at a very young age that the world is full of people who are terrified by knowledge and the power it bestows to the individual. Freedom is to be seized by those with the courage to think for themselves." - Asha Catari

    http://www.twitter.com/missdoomcookie

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Anyone who has played the Moors of Ykesha zone I built for Everquest 2 knows how I like to make people fly. ;)

    http://www.mmo-symposium.com/wp-cont...tofirmroot.jpg
    http://www.mmorpg-info.org/wp-conten...00031-copy.jpg
    I do have to say Missdoomcookie, i loved the cannon, though you have no idea how much i wanted the occasional splat, i mean honestly its only a death, we experience many deaths a day, one death in the name of some miscalculated gnomish love (or rift equivalent if there is one) is classic and very humorous and i think its something that i would LOVE to see. Not a very high chance, but like 5% max or something, just the occasional oops. its time dev's had some fun with creating!!

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Osho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Anyone who has played the Moors of Ykesha zone I built for Everquest 2 knows how I like to make people fly. ;)

    http://www.mmo-symposium.com/wp-cont...tofirmroot.jpg
    http://www.mmorpg-info.org/wp-conten...00031-copy.jpg

    Looking forward to see those things implemented in to the game.... ...at least post release.

  7. #7
    Telaran Caspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Visible Universe
    Posts
    57

    Default

    jetpacks...

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara FoxMaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    848

    Default

    I have just one request:

    Please NO sparkle-ponies!!

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    10

    Default

    No sparkle ponies? Really? C'mon.. Everyone needs a little glitter in their life.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Skythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Candy moutain
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    You run.
    You run so far away.
    (what the fudge? No pics? )
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/av...n_Airships.png
    Last edited by Skythe; 10-08-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missdoomcookie View Post
    Anyone who has played the Moors of Ykesha zone I built for Everquest 2 knows how I like to make people fly. ;)

    http://www.mmo-symposium.com/wp-cont...tofirmroot.jpg
    http://www.mmorpg-info.org/wp-conten...00031-copy.jpg

    I loved those balloons and would love to see something similar in Rift!
    We Were The Defiant

    Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Maewyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    122

    Default

    If you're going to add baloons (or griffons, or wyverns or whatever) for in-zone/continental travel, PLEASE do not make them as slow as EQ2 ones. Those balloons in Moors were awesome to be in, but man those balloon rides were SO SLOW!

    Oh and I loved the cannon!

    Rift-News! Check us out!

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dorset, England
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    If you're going to add baloons (or griffons, or wyverns or whatever) for in-zone/continental travel, PLEASE do not make them as slow as EQ2 ones. Those balloons in Moors were awesome to be in, but man those balloon rides were SO SLOW!

    Oh and I loved the cannon!
    They're balloons, unless they have jetpacks fitted then they're only gonna go slow. A griffon or wyvern should theoretically be faster.
    We Were The Defiant

    Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    I do have to say Missdoomcookie, i loved the cannon, though you have no idea how much i wanted the occasional splat, i mean honestly its only a death, we experience many deaths a day, one death in the name of some miscalculated gnomish love (or rift equivalent if there is one) is classic and very humorous and i think its something that i would LOVE to see. Not a very high chance, but like 5% max or something, just the occasional oops. its time dev's had some fun with creating!!
    Me too I always hoped tiny-tiny chance for occasional crash and death.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Elladar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Don't the defiant ride a Mecho-horse on the ground? Why would their tastes change when shifting to flying mounts?
    See the Mecho-horse here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/wallpapers.php#5
    I love this thing soooo much... Hope there will be other mecha-mounts... As for flying ones... If there are flying mounts in the game, then I would love to have a mecha one too!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts