+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where is it now?

Default Where is it now?

Hello Lore buffs.

I've recently done a lot of questing and exploring in Stillmoor (Guardian side). I understand that Stillmoor was previously Mathosia. I'm trying to find the locations from the Mathosian starter area, especially The Sanctuary of Rebirth. Anyone know the whereabouts of this location? Is Burlington the former town of Ardenburgh? The Eye of Regulos and the Endless Citadel are the only locations I recognize.

Any ideas? Lore talk?

Thanks

I think basically that whole giant scar from the east to middle of the zone is the Guardian starting area. I'm pretty sure there's rubble around there, and that's pretty much be the town and Sanctuary of Rebirth.

Well heres a question then - whereabouts is Terminus supposed to be? It kinda looks like possibly the Smiths Haven area of Freemarch, but its hard to determine, as the sea is just the other side.

Could it be in the defiant area of stillmoor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Well heres a question then - whereabouts is Terminus supposed to be? It kinda looks like possibly the Smiths Haven area of Freemarch, but its hard to determine, as the sea is just the other side.

Could it be in the defiant area of stillmoor?

IMO Ark of the Ascended area. However:

1)It's in a timeline where the Guardians triumphed over the Defiants, so Lastlight etc are likely Mathosian settlements (I'd wager the Guardians had some years of peace and kicking dragon *** before being corrupted and wiped out, with no Defiants to keep them in check).

2)It's 20 years in future.

3)Land and possibly even sea is totally warped and screwed up by Regulos and Telara's convergence with the Plane of Death.

So basically it's Freemarch/Port Scion, but the end of the world.

It's where you think it is, however the cravat is that the landscape in both beginner areas weren't designed to actually reflect the in-game overworld.

The layout, landscape and structures for the two beginner zones were made, I believe, before the actual live zones were even finished.
    Thus trying to figure out where everything is in the real world is impossible, as there is no real link between these areas other than story.

You can try to shoehorn in the locations since some areas reflect the real world, like the entrance to the ancient Eth chambers in the Defiant starter area, but that's about it.
    As you can see by looking around, the landscape isn't the same.

It would've been cool if the layout was the exact same, like the big church still stood in Stillmoore, and the whole lower area for Defiants you could run to and see underwater after you get to the live world, but alas, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    It's where you think it is, however the cravat is that the landscape in both beginner areas weren't designed to actually reflect the in-game overworld.

The layout, landscape and structures for the two beginner zones were made, I believe, before the actual live zones were even finished.
    Thus trying to figure out where everything is in the real world is impossible, as there is no real link between these areas other than story.

You can try to shoehorn in the locations since some areas reflect the real world, like the entrance to the ancient Eth chambers in the Defiant starter area, but that's about it.
    As you can see by looking around, the landscape isn't the same.

It would've been cool if the layout was the exact same, like the big church still stood in Stillmoore, and the whole lower area for Defiants you could run to and see underwater after you get to the live world, but alas, it is not.
    I don't think so. I believe the Stillmoor and Freemarch zones first had their first versions done (Heroes of Telara), and with the old unified starting zone (Shadowlands) and they transitioned into Rift.
    With overwhelmingly negative feedback, they removed Shadowlands, and replaced it with Mathosia and Terminus and weaved the lore into it.

Anyway, main point is that the starting zones were actually done rather later, and then mixed into the existing storyline. ..Or at least something like that.

It's not a 1:1 scale thing, but it's pretty clear where generally the Mathosia starting zone is, and where the Terminus starting zone is, and it's not outside logic to imagine the end of Telara (remember 20 years in future) consisting of entire oceans being dried out and (now with the newer version of Terminus) whole volcanic eruptions in Freemarch.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 02-13-2014 at 09:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread