+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Questions on The Vigil and/or other non-bloodstorm Gods.

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Elth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Questions on The Vigil and/or other non-bloodstorm Gods.

    This is mainly a question for Captaincursor in an effort to gain more knowledge of the Guardian faction and the powers that guide them.

    There are 5 Gods within the Vigil, can you explain who each God is and what they represent?
    Are the Vigil good, evil, neither or a combination of the three?
    Are there other Gods or Demi-Gods that are not part of the Vigil or the Bloodstorm?


    I ask these questions because currently there is a large imbalance in favor to the Defiant faction as many people seem to assume that Guardians are either "goody two-shoes" or "Inquisition/Crusader/Zealous" types. So far the Guardians seem a lot like a half formed sculpture, it appears as though it has some form, but until more detail is added we cannot tell whether it is going to look like the statue of David or a half polished turd. ;)
    Last edited by Elth; 10-04-2010 at 07:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara souper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Should check out the Podcast #13. It's all about lore and the gods and things and all 5 of the Vigil are talked about.

    As far as lesser gods and demigods go, they do exist. The Kelari are High Elves who have turned from Tavril of the Vigil and entered into pacts with these lesser gods. We don't know a lot about them and probably won't until we play the game though.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Elth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    Should check out the Podcast #13. It's all about lore and the gods and things and all 5 of the Vigil are talked about.

    As far as lesser gods and demigods go, they do exist. The Kelari are High Elves who have turned from Tavril of the Vigil and entered into pacts with these lesser gods. We don't know a lot about them and probably won't until we play the game though.
    Seen it Digging for more.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Lagiacrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Off by heart, I can't remember all of the Vigil gods. I know 1 represents the sword, I think one for the Earth and the others I have forgot. I need to read up on this more. With the question on weather the Vigil are good, evil or neither, it really depends on where you stand in Telara. I myself, am a Defiant. Because of this, I believe that the Vigil have betrayed us and their betrayal has allowed the Dragons of the Blood Storm to open up rifts to invade our precious Telara. It is an unforgivable mistake, and shall be called "Evil" in my books. Those other weird people who have gone Guardian believe that the Vigil is good, for some odd reason.

    So yeah, it depends on which faction you are XD.

    With the Demigod question, yeah I don't know. The other person said there are, so there probably is. I don't know. (I am so helpful aren't I!)

  5. #5
    Soulwalker Ninrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    13

    Default

    In the Podcast #13 CaptainCursor named all 5 Vigil and their representation:
    • Thedeor - the Sword
    • Mariel-Taun - the Heart
    • Dantec (I'm really not sure, if it's transscribed correctly) - the Sea
    • Bahralt - the City
    • Tavril - the Land

    If anyone has a better idea, how to spell the third god, do let me know!

    And yes, demigods and lesser gods exist. The clerics of the defiant side deal with them to get their power, as far as I remember.
    German Role-Play Platform
    www.rift-rp.de

  6. #6
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Vigil = Lawful (good?)
    Guardians = Lawful? Good? Or simply self entitled.

    All a matter of perspective

    Lol, at least until we learn a lot more about the Vigil. It's all vague and hearsay so far.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Jorun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Vigil = Lawful (good?)
    Guardians = Lawful? Good? Or simply self entitled.

    All a matter of perspective

    Lol, at least until we learn a lot more about the Vigil. It's all vague and hearsay so far.
    In response to the list of gods of Virgil, I read that Dantec is the god of the Air.

    Neither Guardian nor Defiant are lawful or unlawful; good or evil. They both were of one mind at one time in the defense of Telara. When the tides turned against the Telarians, many hundreds of thousands have died.

    The Virgil gave the Telarians a new means to defend themselves - the Ascended notables from those who died. And those notables would have a vision of the future. However, the Telarians needed to figure out how to get those souls to ascend.

    It was a scholar, Orphiel, who discovered the ancient Eth failed technology of resurrection. He used one of their forges to rez Asha's spirit from the soulstream. She was the first of many more to follow.

    And so the split between how to save Telara began. Some believed the return of Asha was with will of the Virgil to aid all Telarians. Others believed the ascension of Asha was the will of the Virgil but because of her heightened magic powers and visions, it became a sign of technology and magic.

    As with all things being beliefs, splits will occur. Some wanted to find the machine to strengthen the shield around Fort Scion. Others weren't so sure about the hocus-pocus to bring back more "lost souls."

    Zarepeh who lead the Telarians agreed to allow Asha to being back the machine. He also gave her to sword of the Catar which in itself had special powers of The Virgil.

    So the lines crossed between magic, The Virgil and technology. Eventually this is what split the factions.


  8. #8
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorun View Post
    In response to the list of gods of Virgil, I read that Dantec is the god of the Air.

    Neither Guardian nor Defiant are lawful or unlawful; good or evil. They both were of one mind at one time in the defense of Telara. When the tides turned against the Telarians, many hundreds of thousands have died.

    The Virgil gave the Telarians a new means to defend themselves - the Ascended notables from those who died. And those notables would have a vision of the future. However, the Telarians needed to figure out how to get those souls to ascend.

    It was a scholar, Orphiel, who discovered the ancient Eth failed technology of resurrection. He used one of their forges to rez Asha's spirit from the soulstream. She was the first of many more to follow.

    And so the split between how to save Telara began. Some believed the return of Asha was with will of the Virgil to aid all Telarians. Others believed the ascension of Asha was the will of the Virgil but because of her heightened magic powers and visions, it became a sign of technology and magic.

    As with all things being beliefs, splits will occur. Some wanted to find the machine to strengthen the shield around Fort Scion. Others weren't so sure about the hocus-pocus to bring back more "lost souls."

    Zarepeh who lead the Telarians agreed to allow Asha to being back the machine. He also gave her to sword of the Catar which in itself had special powers of The Virgil.

    So the lines crossed between magic, The Virgil and technology. Eventually this is what split the factions.
    Vigil. It's Vigil

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Skythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Candy moutain
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorun View Post
    In response to the list of gods of Virgil, I read that Dantec is the god of the Air.

    Neither Guardian nor Defiant are lawful or unlawful; good or evil. They both were of one mind at one time in the defense of Telara. When the tides turned against the Telarians, many hundreds of thousands have died.

    The Virgil gave the Telarians a new means to defend themselves - the Ascended notables from those who died. And those notables would have a vision of the future. However, the Telarians needed to figure out how to get those souls to ascend.

    It was a scholar, Orphiel, who discovered the ancient Eth failed technology of resurrection. He used one of their forges to rez Asha's spirit from the soulstream. She was the first of many more to follow.

    And so the split between how to save Telara began. Some believed the return of Asha was with will of the Virgil to aid all Telarians. Others believed the ascension of Asha was the will of the Virgil but because of her heightened magic powers and visions, it became a sign of technology and magic.

    As with all things being beliefs, splits will occur. Some wanted to find the machine to strengthen the shield around Fort Scion. Others weren't so sure about the hocus-pocus to bring back more "lost souls."

    Zarepeh who lead the Telarians agreed to allow Asha to being back the machine. He also gave her to sword of the Catar which in itself had special powers of The Virgil.

    So the lines crossed between magic, The Virgil and technology. Eventually this is what split the factions.
    *Vigil
    and... where did you bring all this information from? This feels like complete fan fic to me... no, scratch that, that IS complete fan fic.
    Ahem.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skythe View Post
    *Vigil
    and... where did you bring all this information from? This feels like complete fan fic to me... no, scratch that, that IS complete fan fic.
    Ahem.
    It sounds like its from the Rift comics, actually. I haven't read all of them so I can't confirm, but from the pages I did read, I would say that it is not a fanfic, but rather based off of information in there. Again, not sure

  11. #11
    Ascendant Kula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Caaaaptaiinnncurrrrrrrrsssssooorrrrrrrrrrrrr!

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Neviana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    It sounds like its from the Rift comics, actually. I haven't read all of them so I can't confirm, but from the pages I did read, I would say that it is not a fanfic, but rather based off of information in there. Again, not sure
    Orphiel did discover the power or ressurection through technology. Asha was the first person he resurrected. There is a part of the comic where he says something along the lines of 'I'm glad you where the one who came through' and Asha wa the first ressurreced defiant. Also in the comic Asha makes a comment about how Orphiel looks like he didn't age a day but they where good friends 80 years ago (and he quickly changed the topic). There is more to Orphiel then meets the eye.

    Now it looks like some of Jorun's post might be pulled from issue 0. I'm not sure of the timeline of those events because they happened after Asha was brought back.

    so it's not a complete fan fic. I believe in the 'pay to understand ' thread someone posted links to view the comic for free. It is a good read and I highly recommend.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Jorun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neviana View Post
    Orphiel did discover the power or ressurection through technology. Asha was the first person he resurrected. There is a part of the comic where he says something along the lines of 'I'm glad you where the one who came through' and Asha wa the first ressurreced defiant. Also in the comic Asha makes a comment about how Orphiel looks like he didn't age a day but they where good friends 80 years ago (and he quickly changed the topic). There is more to Orphiel then meets the eye.

    Now it looks like some of Jorun's post might be pulled from issue 0. I'm not sure of the timeline of those events because they happened after Asha was brought back.

    so it's not a complete fan fic. I believe in the 'pay to understand ' thread someone posted links to view the comic for free. It is a good read and I highly recommend.
    Yes, I posted the links so anyone can read Telara Chronicles #0 and #1 without buying them. TC #2 is partly available online, but just a short bit.

    There are sites that now offer free TC #0 downloads, but I don't trust them because they can be full of viruses or key monitors.


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts