+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Asha's voice altered becasue of her newfound power?

Default Is Asha's voice altered becasue of her newfound power?

I noticed in the comic how the letterer uses a unique font whenever Asha speaks. The change in font is only used after she is resurrected and is unique to her alone. So I was wondering if she speaks with an ethereal (or strange) tone due to her transformation.

If Asha is the one giving the speech in the Defiant trailer and Cyril in the Guardian one, then I'm guessing not since she sounds pretty normal.

True; But I wonder why the letterer for the comic chose to use such a unique and different colored font every time she speaks. I wonder if it is used to denote the distinct change in her personality from her previous life?

I'd have to agree that the change in font is to imply a change with her voice due to her physical change. Only thing that makes sense to me since it was fine before she met Regulos.
    The coloring matches her new tatoos as well.
    Last edited by Mellerik; 10-04-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: cant type

BLOODPACT MEMBER

For some reason it reminds me of Kyle Mclaughlin in Dune whenever he used the power of the Voice.
    Last edited by Geekcheck; 10-05-2010 at 04:09 PM.

The comic does imply that her voice was altered after her encounter with Regulos... or perhaps altered by the resurrection process since she was brought back using technology. I don't find the voice they use in the Defiant video to impressive but then again I'm a Guardian through and through.

I guess it would be cool to think that her voice is altered due to Regulos and the resurrection process. This is one of my favorite quotes from her lore page.
    Physically, Asha had changed, covered in glyphs of power that flared up on her skin. She was also calmer, quieter, and intensely focused. The headstrong, reckless girl was gone, and in her place was a being that was no longer quite human.
    Defiant all the way.

Telaran

She actually sounds like Bale's batman, now. Meeting Regulos does whacked out stuff to your voice.

I think the change is due to her being ascended. She was with Regulos who "summoned" her soul to his realm when she was in the soulstream.

Asha refused to submit to his will and Regulus threw Asha back into the soulstream. She was then the first to be ascended through technology, but it was slightly flawed.

Hence, I think the different font, also in blue, reflects the change. After all, Asha did have the same vision as Zareph. But did the vision to both come from the Vigil or did one come from Regulos?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorun View Post
    I think the change is due to her being ascended. She was with Regulos who "summoned" her soul to his realm when she was in the soulstream.

Asha refused to submit to his will and Regulus threw Asha back into the soulstream. She was then the first to be ascended through technology, but it was slightly flawed.

Hence, I think the different font, also in blue, reflects the change. After all, Asha did have the same vision as Zareph. But did the vision to both come from the Vigil or did one come from Regulos?
    I have to disagree. If that were the case then Katia, who is also Ascended, would have the same font used for her voice in Issue #0, but she does not. Whatever happened to Asha is unique to her and her alone. Whatever power Regulos infused in her, along with Orphiel pulling her from the Soulstream with the Resurrection Forge, caused a specific change in her.

+ Reply to Thread