+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In respect to Telera, where do the tutorials take place?

Default In respect to Telera, where do the tutorials take place?

Going through the tutorials for both factions, I'm wondering where they take place in respect to the world.

Is the valley in the Defiant tutorial located in what's left of Freemarch? Do the Guardians start just outside of Port Scion?

Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    Going through the tutorials for both factions, I'm wondering where they take place in respect to the world.

Is the valley in the Defiant tutorial located in what's left of Freemarch? Do the Guardians start just outside of Port Scion?
    As far as the Defiants go, so far I get the impression it was at one point a part of Freemarch, as a few of the names sound similar to the ones we have, and it would make sense for Orphiel to have built the companion part of the Fail Safe Device near where the original device was built; it's not too close by to it, if it is even in Freemarch, as we never see it in the tutorial itself.

I've not seen much of any place that matches up to it, aside from the fact that some of the machinery in the Ark looks quite a bit like the foundations of the machinery in the building you wake up in after creating a character. That's the main thing that keeps me thinking it's Freemarch, followed by the similar names of some parts of the area.

As for the Guardians, NFK, as I haven't really focused on them as much. Likely, keep an eye out for that sort of templish look that was in the bottom of the building, and you might have found the correlating spot in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfae View Post
    As far as the Defiants go, so far I get the impression it was at one point a part of Freemarch, as a few of the names sound similar to the ones we have, and it would make sense for Orphiel to have built the companion part of the Fail Safe Device near where the original device was built; it's not too close by to it, if it is even in Freemarch, as we never see it in the tutorial itself.

I've not seen much of any place that matches up to it, aside from the fact that some of the machinery in the Ark looks quite a bit like the foundations of the machinery in the building you wake up in after creating a character. That's the main thing that keeps me thinking it's Freemarch, followed by the similar names of some parts of the area.

As for the Guardians, NFK, as I haven't really focused on them as much. Likely, keep an eye out for that sort of templish look that was in the bottom of the building, and you might have found the correlating spot in game.
    I was thinking about the same thing as you concerning the Defiant tutorial, but the geography just wasn't matching up to the Ark and Failsafe location. Hmm.
    Sunrest (RP-PVP) - RIP
    Seastone (PVP) - Aurane, Rhythe, Kriyn, Narus

Soulwalker

I believe Cyril says in Sanctum that Mathosia, where the Guardian intro takes place, was destroyed by the Shade in spite of you stopping Regulos from taking physical form, and what is left is now known as Stillmoor. This is mentioned on http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Zone as a higher-level zone that we will have access to on release.

Quote Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
    I believe Cyril says in Sanctum that Mathosia, where the Guardian intro takes place, was destroyed by the Shade in spite of you stopping Regulos from taking physical form, and what is left is now known as Stillmoor. This is mentioned on http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Zone as a higher-level zone that we will have access to on release.
    Cool catch! I haven't really explored Sanctum as much as Meridian, so I probably missed it.
    Sunrest (RP-PVP) - RIP

The Defiant Tutorial zone is,or will be..a part of Freemarch.Its a bit different with the Defiant as they are traveling Back in time to a point before the 2nd Coming of Regulos.

The Guardians is outside the Port of Scion I believe.

Telaran

Was just reading through the story about Asha Catari. They write when she is resurrected by Orphiel, it's in Shadowlands.

Asha awoke, gasping for breath, within a machine in the Shadowlands. Orphiel Farwind, her mentor and friend, stood beside her, looking at her with an expression of triumph.
    To me it would make sence that the rest of us (defiants) were also brought back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirensis View Post
    Was just reading through the story about Asha Catari. They write when she is resurrected by Orphiel, it's in Shadowlands.

To me it would make sence that the rest of us (defiants) were also brought back there.
    This has always confused me; why is the creation of the PC in the Defiant future so momentous?
    The NPCs say that you are the Defiant's first successful Ascended, but that confused me, because clearly Orphiel used the machine in the Shadowlands to resurrect Asha, she's there in the future as an Ascended. So why are Defiant PCs special?

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    Going through the tutorials for both factions, I'm wondering where they take place in respect to the world. Is the valley in the Defiant tutorial located in what's left of Freemarch? Do the Guardians start just outside of Port Scion?
    Well Ghostlight ... fantastic question. It will however take some deduction to get to any decent conclusion. None of us have all the information we need to nail it down, but we can come very very close. Lets start with the easy one ... Guardians.

GUARDIAN
    When we start the game, the Shade has already started. The Ward has been cracked and Regulos is starting his campaign of destroying the world. When we arrive we have been resurrected in the Cathedral of Ardenburg. Ardenburg is a small town on the eastern border of Mathosia. ... which in all relations to game play is "Stillmoor". It is true that the Mathosian empire strected over many zones, but what we are mostly concearned with is the ... state of mathosia. We will not be able to nail this down 100% without further information.

Answer for now = Stillmoor

DEFIANT
    This one is a little tougher. When we are resurrected the world is all but gone. We can however deduct where we are by some facts we learn while playing just the starting zone and adding some info from the main website. In the time line when you enter the game in ... Meridian is the headquarters of the Defiant. It has been destroyed by the Guardains however. Now we have to try and deduct where the remaing Defiant retreated to. If we look at historical references we know that Asha is from the southern lands ... more specifically "Shimmering Sands". The Dragon Convent is also based from the southern desert areas. So it would be easy to see that they would have retreated south, back to their homeland. Especially since they were being forced that direction.

Now, it starts getting tricky. We know the area we start in phyisically is not a desert landscape, so this tells us for sure it's not in the "Shimmering Sands" zone. Couple that with what we learn about the history of the Life factories ... and nothing yet adds up. So we are left with guessing until we have more information. The only solid fact we have comes frm the history of the life factory itslef ..."More forges were found in the vacinity'

Answer for now = Somewhere in the vacinity of Freemarch
    The members of CoT believe it to possibly be .... The land next to Droughtlands (listed as "Cliffside Vale" - on Alpha map)
    Last edited by EntreNous; 02-01-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebiale View Post
    This has always confused me; why is the creation of the PC in the Defiant future so momentous?
    The NPCs say that you are the Defiant's first successful Ascended, but that confused me, because clearly Orphiel used the machine in the Shadowlands to resurrect Asha, she's there in the future as an Ascended. So why are Defiant PCs special?

When Asha was resurrected by Orphiel in the Shadowlands ... storywise it was seen as a fluke. So the fact that the Defiant have now cracked the ability to not only resurrect, but to become a "True Ascended" (by adding a second soul) as powerful as the Guardian Ascended ... would be seen as momentous. The PC's are very special, indeed!
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    Well Ghostlight ... fantastic question. It will however take some deduction to get to any decent conclusion. None of us have all the information we need to nail it down, but we can come very very close. Lets start with the easy one ... Guardians.

GUARDIAN
    When we start the game, the Shade has already started. The Ward has been cracked and Regulos is starting his campaign of destroying the world. When we arrive we have been resurrected in the Cathedral of Ardenburg. Ardenburg is a small town on the eastern border of Mathosia. ... which in all relations to game play is "Stillmoor". It is true that the Mathosian empire strected over many zones, but what we are mostly concearned with is the ... state of mathosia. We will not be able to nail this down 100% without further information.

Answer for now = Stillmoor

DEFIANT
    This one is a little tougher. When we are resurrected the world is all but gone. We can however deduct where we are by some facts we learn while playing just the starting zone and adding some info from the main website. In the time line when you enter the game in ... Meridian is the headquarters of the Defiant. It has been destroyed by the Guardains however. Now we have to try and deduct where the remaing Defiant retreated to. If we look at historical references we know that Asha is from the southern lands ... more specifically "Shimmering Sands". The Dragon Convent is also based from the southern desert areas. So it would be easy to see that they would have retreated south, back to their homeland. Especially since they were being forced that direction.

Now, it starts getting tricky. We know the area we start in phyisically is not a desert landscape, so this tells us for sure it's not in the "Shimmering Sands" zone. Couple that with what we learn about the history of the Life factories ... and nothing yet adds up. So we are left with guessing until we have more information. The only solid fact we have comes frm the history of the life factory itslef ..."More forges were found in the vacinity'

Answer for now = Somewhere in the vacinity of Freemarch
    The members of CoT believe it to possibly be .... The land next to Droughtlands (listed as "Cliffside Vale" - on Alpha map)
    You are one crazy good investigator.
    Sunrest (RP-PVP) - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    When Asha was resurrected by Orphiel in the Shadowlands ... storywise it was seen as a fluke. So the fact that the Defiant have now cracked the ability to not only resurrect, but to become a "True Ascended" (by adding a second soul) as powerful as the Guardian Ascended ... would be seen as momentous. The PC's are very special, indeed!
    Ah, the fluke part is news to me, As well as the PCs being the first Defiant Ascended to add multiple souls.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sebiale View Post
    IMHO, Asha is the ONLY defiant ascended until the Life Factory is built at Terminus.

The act to send the players to the past just changes that dark future. See you, an army of ascended just come from future for help the defiant.

Remember too that you bring a book from future that teach the defiant to build machines taht will help them to fight the rift's invasions and the guardians.

So, you can assume that future was changed...

PS

Sorry the bad english, my native language is portuguese
    Last edited by joha; 02-07-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Well one thing to keep in mind is that an Ascended is a person that is capable of housing more than their own soul, it isn't technically as if we're absorbing these souls into our own but that our body is 'shared'.

Asha Catari was merely ressurected, likely the first hurdle that needed to be crossed and on its own is an amazing discovery for the Defiant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast