+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sirens Song and hints for 3.0.

Default Sirens Song and hints for 3.0.

Okay, I found the hidden NPCs that say the lines of the songs you hear roughly every five minutes in the EI water area.
    I sat near then for a few hours and am pretty confident I got all the lines.
    The first set is the part that Arethea sings during the quest.
    The others are in an order I made because since you get the lines randomly, they are in no order, so I tried to make 3 parts and connect what's being said as best as I could.

Xezberaii the Akvan; foe of light, enemy of warmth, extinguishers of suns.
    Ancient foes of the moon's dreams, the Akvan slumber eternally.
    First in the cosmos, nightmare of the moon, nightmare of the dark, Akvan never awake.
    Upon the bone of Myrkur, in the chill of Tarken, the Akvan await the unraveling.
    Before words of creation, before Azdah's dragon brood, the Akvan ruled through terror.
    Mighty Akvan, sleep one more epoch. Wake not in my lifetime, or that of my descendants.

Like a child birthed from accursed parents, the nightmare seeks to punish its creators.
    Evil begets evils, through revenge, loss, despair, and even the unconscious fears in dreams.
    Foe of mortal, demon and god, the nightmare children plot and scheme.
    Dire dragons, planar tyrants, your birth brought evil, your death heralds war.
    Beware the nightmares of mortals, manifest in the dreaming seas.
    The ocean depths are dark and frightful, think of the warm waters when you're afraid.

Sanity in an age of madness beneath the sea, Atragarians suffered.
    Resisting of the corruption of the dragon's rule, sisters why do you fall at freedom's door?
    Oh sisters, seduced by dreams, heed not the false dragon's call.
    The pleasing tones of nightmare's words hide dark and deceitful intent.
    Atragar resurgent! Atragar afraid! With the death of Akylios comes new friends and villains.
    Evil fears the light, hides in the cold, crushing depths. Swim free in the warm coral seas.

Clever Kelari, friend of spirits. Farclan singers, delightful students, I ask your help.
    Glorious and brave children of Telara, slayer of dragons, champions of the mortal worlds, aid us.

SO!
    A few things.
    • Xezberaii, the creature you fight during the quest line is an "Akvan". They are clearly a race of beings, ancient and asleep and have been around before "words of creation" whatever that implies. Also the Akvan are most likely the main villains in 3.0, probably the new "minions" of the big bad bosses.
    • The Akvan may also be referred to as "nightmare", and are the creation of some other being, however they are foe of mortal, demon and god, so who created them and if it was on purpose remains to be seen.
    • Demogos is either an Akvan or something else, maybe the "nightmare" manifesting. Maybe the nightmare isn't the Akvan but some sort of...Non-physical thing that can be controlled or is its own entity, which is heavily implied in the quest chain.
      Either way, his dragon form wasn't the creatures true form. It's a little confusing since nightmare is used to describe the Akvan, but also sounds like it's something different.
    • Myrkur sounds like a being that's now dead.
    • Tarken sounds like an area, possible a zone in 3.0.
    • Azdah sounds like a being, a being who created the dragon brood, which would be interesting if the blood storm was under the direction of one being. Which in turn brings on questions on who exactly the Vigil are if they can create worlds and super beings but are not alone in that power.
    • The moon is mentioned a couple times as well as it's "light" being important in the quest chain. Which might mean the moon serves a purpose, since, realistically, given how the universe in Rift works, there's no actual need for a moon, or the moon wouldn't have been created naturally given how Telara was made. Please make it a zone.
    • The Blood Storm were keeping some grander war at bay (holy wars?). As hinted by Regulos, Crucia, the crazy guy in Tempest Bay and now the sirens.
    • Atragarians are a race, most likely the mermaid ladies, however it may include other races, and have resisted the dragons control, but not the nightmares. They are most likely the new reputation and allies in 3.0.
    • The tablet of Culaassyal is important and is in the plane of water. It was able to summon an Akvan, so it most likely can summon more.
    • Only we can stop them. lol Of course.

That's all I got! lol don't know if I missed any lines. I'll swing by the invisible NPCs another time to just sit around and listen to their tales. :P

I'll put this here too since Sinister Presences are part of the hints for 3.0. All their chat lines in the various dungeons:

Chronicle: a hero's rise
    "If only you had acceded to Crucia's many overtures of control."
    "The two of you could have saved this world together instead of succumbing to the fate that awaits you both"

Intrepid: Hammerknell
    "The dwarves's prisoner planted the seed of their own destruction in their dreams."
    "A trick I mean to exploit to its fullest. Why should the dwarves have all the fun!"
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Chronicle: Queen's gambit
    no text, or alteast I didn't get any. (bug?)
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    [*]Myrkur sounds like a being that's now dead.
    Myrkur is also mentioned by Proteus when you are clearing trash up to the Osmosis Chamber; he says something like "how dare you pull me from Myrkur's depths!"

I assumed that he would be a main bad guy in 3.0 since he's mentioned at some point during the EI underwater story stuff, but I guess I didn't pay too much attention as to whether he was alive or dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipsfan View Post
    Myrkur is also mentioned by Proteus when you are clearing trash up to the Osmosis Chamber; he says something like "how dare you pull me from Myrkur's depths!"

I assumed that he would be a main bad guy in 3.0 since he's mentioned at some point during the EI underwater story stuff, but I guess I didn't pay too much attention as to whether he was alive or dead.
    It's "Upon the bones of Myrkur"
    I'm only guessing that it means something that's dead. Given the nature of this "nightmare" and how undead can exist in this games world, it's possible whatever it is could be "alive".
    It just sounds to me like it's an area with the remains of said being.

So one of the first things I do when picking apart lore, is I look up the culture and mythology that they are trying to reflect in real life. Nearly all the lore in the game uses terms derived from mythology in our world...and the devs seem really good at using many sources of mythology and mixing it all into one storyline. So though I wont solve any mysteries here with this, it could bring a greater appreciation to the terms you see in the siren's song, and might spur more thought into what might be going on when we consider what these terms meant in Earth's history.

Myrkur means literally - "Darkness" or "The Dark" in icelandic.

However the old term is Myrkr, also meaning "Darkness" but has deep roots into Norse Mythology.

Well thats a start, but before we go any further lets look up some other words.

Akvan is similiar to Akvon and is the accusatory form of Akvo, and akvo means water and has Wiccan origins. Now in this sense, I am talking about the historical wiccan which has many nordic roots, that was originally characterized by belief in the existence of magical powers in nature. Thus "The Akvon" can translate literally to "Being of Water".

Demogos was an interesting name to come across. Because I believe it is derived from "De Mogos" which leads us to "The Cromlech of Portela de Mogos", which is a stone circle, or megalyth, located at the top of a hill near Serra de monfurado, a city in portugal. Stonehenge is a another type of cromlech. But the stones of Portela De Mogos are uniquily marked, the stones have female anatomy inscribed as well as a head with a crescent moon and no mouths.

Now "Azdah" is very interesting term to use. In the game Azdah is the owner or possibly creater of the dragon brood. Now I assume it is the being that gave rise to the bloodstorm dragons, because really they are the only ones that matter. "Azdaha" is the most common Indo-Iranian word for dragon.

Thats all I have for now. I have more to write but unfortunately work calls! Keep up the good lore conversations!

~Xeno
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 11-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    snip
    If there is truly a heavy Norse theme going on here, then this also fits into the Dendrome storyline we saw in 2.3. Norse mythology heavily uses fate as a theme. Even the gods were bound by it. In the Dendrome we learned that the Vigil once consisted of six gods. Who is this mystery sixth deity? Lo and behold it's a goddess of fate. Fate was also controlled by a female deity in Norse mythology.

Is there anything that definitively gives Azdah a gender? I don't believe there is. If this is the case Azdah just might be our mystery fate goddess.

Thoughts?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    If there is truly a heavy Norse theme going on here, then this also fits into the Dendrome storyline we saw in 2.3. Norse mythology heavily uses fate as a theme. Even the gods were bound by it. In the Dendrome we learned that the Vigil once consisted of six gods. Who is this mystery sixth deity? Lo and behold it's a goddess of fate. Fate was also controlled by a female deity in Norse mythology.

Is there anything that definitively gives Azdah a gender? I don't believe there is. If this is the case Azdah just might be our mystery fate goddess.

Thoughts?
    No. The name "Azdah" is mentioned once in the entire game right now. So there is no gender description.
    In fact, we know next to nothing about the Vigil themselves. We haven't seen them, all the angels are their "messengers" which means they could look like anything, if they even have a physical form, and Azdah could be the Fate Goddess, or not, we know just about as much about her as we do Azdah. lol

The only thing we can go off in terms of the "grand" scheme of things is the signs Ralston Whipple has in Tempest Bay.
    He has one that states there's a divine war.
    "Six gods six dragons
    Fate Goddess unknown
    Face in sky only
    representation left
    destroyed transit to
    keep divine war secret"
    Being, as of right now, the only divine beings we know of are the 5 Vigil and Fate goddess, it does leave the possibility that Fate is Azdah, or that Azdah is just another divine being.
    Then there's the Akvan, which are clearly a race or something and ruled before creation and the dragon brood that ruled through fear, however I find that a bit of an oxymoron as how can you rule when nothing exists yet... lol They might be diving too, but since we saw the physical form of one of them, it's safe to say they are more of a "minion" and the possibility of someone controlling them being something, whoever that may be.

The Vigil are fighting the Blood Storm, so that would mean the Vigil are enemies of Azdah, whoever that is. That's the only thing we can get from this.

Since though, we're going to the plane in 3.0, as the ward was the only thing keeping the Vigil, the Blood Storm and any other divine beings out of the planet from coming in, I will be extremely disappointed if we don't see the lore expanded with the Vigil, or in fact don't see them in whatever form they may be in.
    I assume we'll at least hear more about the Fate Goddess, I hope.

Either way, it's cool they are using terms and ideas from other mythologies, and that someone took the time to look it up. :P

Either way, it's cool they are using terms and ideas from other mythologies, and that someone took the time to look it up. :P
    Also while I was reading more about Norse mythology, I logically decided to look up the goddess of dreams just to see how that could play into rift, and here is what i found:

"Nótt's (the norse goddess of dreams) third marriage was to the god Dellingr and this resulted in their son Dagr"

...which strangly made me think of Daglar. Hmmm...a new villain in 3.0??
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 11-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Xenohart

Okay, I found the hidden NPCs that say the lines of the songs you hear roughly every five minutes in the EI water area.

(snip)

Mighty Akvan, sleep one more epoch. Wake not in my lifetime, or that of my descendants.

(snip)
    I want to say that that line seems very familiar to me. As in, I seem to remember Matt Smith's Doctor Who and Clara in SE7 running into a little girl who was a high priestess, and she had to sing to their "god" (turned out to be a narcissist alien). IIRC, she sang that line to the alien, who was asleep.

Or I could be terribly misremembering. Oh man, now I want to make sure! Hang on one second.

*...4 minutes pass automagically*

"The Rings of Akhaten"- SE7X07. The little girl sings a lullabye called "The Long Song" and she is asking the god to not wake up, but that's the only English part. The line isn't there, but man, did it reverberate with me when I heard it in Rift- immediately made me think of that episode.

Here is a GORGEOUSLY performed Live version of the song, including the Doctor's speech:

(warning: you'll get Teh Feels! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGcvbuHLw6M

(may have to turn on the CC subtitling)

Enjoy!

ps: the Rift lyrics of the Siren Song are amaaaazing and brought me Teh Feels as well. Did Dead Simon or Captain Cursor write them? Just beautiful.
    Last edited by ilex011; 11-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Oh, the Rings.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

You all have me riveted. Moar Moar! Oh and Hardy I mentioned you after building a Dimension dedicated to my Dream Celebration: Video Article: Dream Celebration in Europe & Trove.

Thanks for your efforts guys & gals!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 11-26-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Wow, this whole thread gives me the shivers! And "The Feels" as a previous poster mentioned lol. Since I'm still toiling through old world Mathosia lorewise (I know I'm a slowpoke, but there's just SO MUCH!!!!), I haven't learned much about the world after SL and in the new continents. 6 gods? Has a divine sort of ring to it, like I've heard it before somewhere...and a secret divine war? Maybe the Vigil doesn't want their mortal worshippers that they aren't actually divine beings in that sense of the word, but are actually derived from the same place as the dragons? Maybe there is another being, older and more powerful than both the Blood Storm and Vigil, that created both? And the two sides just couldn't get along or were both given a directive by their parent and than disobeyed? It all seems so mysterious and interesting!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the mention of Azdah creating the dragon brood was an image of Tiamat. The Dungeons and Dragons interpretation of the Dragon God has the head of each color of the chromatic dragons (she is believed to have given birth to the race of evil dragons), and other versions also make mentions to the ocean. Maybe Asdah might be loosely based on the Tiamat mythos.
    Last edited by Lycrios; 11-27-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Is anyone still secretly praying that the vigil actually turn out to be bad guys?

Here is my hope:

1) We discover Azdah was another vigil.
    2) Azdah created the dragons of each plane.
    3) They became corrupted by the akvon and by the known vigil
    4) Azdah closes infinity gate after the bloodstorm travesty to prevent vigil from re-entering telara.
    5) Vigil want the power of the dragons because they basically own the nexus of the planes, and the vigil themselves can take over other planes of existance.
    6) The Vigil are each trapped in their respective anti-plane (see earlier lore discussions) from corrupting the dragons.
    7) Vigil creates ascended to kill dragons, which returns their energy to the planes...aka...back to the vigil themselves...muahahaha.
    6) Azdah is the only one who knows how to save Tazuil from being corrupt.
    7) The vigil want tazuil since its motes were gathered from all the prior fallen dragons, and thus reflects power of all the planes...enough power to defeat the demons and Akvon!....or to take over the universe!!!!!

Bum bum BUMMMM!!!

Or azdah could just be a new bad guy. Either way I'm fine..

..but secretly I'd love to the vigil to have some form of dirty secrets just waiting to be found out! A corrupt religion!! Those make excellent stories.
    Xenohart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast