+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Planar nodes?

Default Planar nodes?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, or if it's been asked before (I searched, but I don't really know what I'm searching for and that makes things more difficult.).

As I wandered around tonight with some friends I notice a plethora of, for lack of a better term, nodes around the Kelari village. I've seen these things here and there before, mostly in out of the way locations, but tonight they were everwhere.

I called them planar nodes because there were different ones. There were some with lightnigh shooting out around them, balls of fire, what looked like water (it matched the effects of my warden spells anyway). When I first ran into these the only ones I came across were basically a little balls of yellow sparkly light (didn't see any of those tonight for some reason). I thought they were probably early form tears at first, but unless tears form *in* Kelari village, that can't be right.

Did I miss something while reading? Does anyone know what these are? I know the planar lure does not work on them, but has anyone found a way to interact with them? Or are they just decoration?

Thanks!

Soulwalker

I've been wondering about those too.........no idea I'm afraid.

Yes those orbs of light are actually gold farmer's souls. You see, they spend so much time in the game that over a period of time they get consumed and engulfed by Rift that they turn into those little orbs of light that you see. Now some debate this theory because of the "Asians don't have souls" but I still have my faith in them.

I've read that tears and rifts can form ANYWHERE including in towns and cities. When i see these things, I just figure it is a sign that the planes are clashing, whether that is causing a little static build up or an early tear I don't worry about. Just a sign that a tear could form anywhere any minute.

Actually, I think those are just a graphical glitch at the moment, if they're not in direct conjunction with a rift or the tear that starts them. I've seen a lot of random glowy lights and the lightning bits about, and they always look a bit more like a glitch than not - some I've seen are even awkwardly in the ground or people.

Plane Touched

There is also speculation that are members of a mythical race of being know as GM's. People have noted that they tend to congregate around invasion zones and I personally have seen them fly off into the distance at the conclusion of an invasion in addition to being "hidden" near tops of mountains...

...or maybe one can actually at some point in time draw on the energy from one of these things to help with invasions and rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregore View Post
    ...or maybe one can actually at some point in time draw on the energy from one of these things to help with invasions and rifts.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a collection mechanic. The elemental rift loot that took up a ton of my bag space last beta is being removed in favor of abilities and a type of currency to power them, so perhaps we can farm nodes to power our panic buttons.
    Tankin'
    Guild: Class: Warrior (Paladin) Shard: Keenblade

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfae View Post
    Actually, I think those are just a graphical glitch at the moment, if they're not in direct conjunction with a rift or the tear that starts them. I've seen a lot of random glowy lights and the lightning bits about, and they always look a bit more like a glitch than not - some I've seen are even awkwardly in the ground or people.
    This.

/10char

+ Reply to Thread