+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Luteuel
  • 2 Post By hardy83

Thread: In-Game Cinematic

Default In-Game Cinematic

Okay, before I start just want to say a little bit about my background. I have only been playing RIFT since May this year. Before that I had been playing World of Warcraft since its launch and never came back since I started playing this game. I have since have 2 level 60s, and 3 level 50s.

After all those levelling, I looked back and said to my self, I am still none the wiser about what the hell is the story in this game. In the days I played WoW, I know almost all the main characters' names, what race they are, what role they play in the context of the Lore. But in RIFT that feeling seems almost non-existent.

I realised that I only noticed two cut-scenes in this game (three if you count the Defiant and Guardian versions separately) my entire first playthrough. Have I missed anything here? If not, then for the developer, could we have more cut-scenes so that the players can get attached to this game lore more?

so literally 3 posts below this one (at this moment in time) there is a post done by maeloda that explains much of the lore as it is...

cinematics would not really capture the lore at all except for those who don't care to be fully immersed in the game.

the link
    Last edited by Luteuel; 10-30-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

More in-game voice work and cut-scenes would be nice, but I don't think it would solve the issue you have.

You would want an official timeline, wiki, or more "puppet" shows like the ones in Hailol that summarize some of the story.

And yes. Check out the time line a few posts below by Maeldoa. (Current (level 60 endgame) State of the Zones)
    It's really good.

Indeed, what they said, Maeloda always has really interesting posts about lore and timelines. In fact he/she helped me with a few timeline questions I had regarding story progression through the zones for a RP blog I was writing. But aside from that, really the only way to learn the lore of the game is to research it online or to read all the quests you come across and pay attention to details in the game like NPC conversation and even zone events.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Hey, thanks for the kind words

I want to do the Lv 50-60+ content summary, but:
    -I'll have to really run an alt through it
    -I've been more busy spending time on a story speculation forum for the Mass Effect series

so the Storm Legion zone summary may be a while coming. I hope I can get it out by 3.0, but no promises.

Basic deal is:
    -Royalty!
    -Storm Legion everywhere!
    -Awakened puppets of Crucia!
    -ooo Architects! Now they go boom.
    -ooo Regulos! Now he go boom.
    -ooo Crucia! Now she go boom (or did she?).
    -ooooooo Hailol! Friendly fae now for sure!
    -Nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    -ooo Crucia! Now she go boom (or did she?).
    Yes and no.
    Yes she died, but she, like, soul walked to her backup body or something.

It really doesn't make much sense. She's the only dragon to apparently have an ascended-like ability where she traveled as her "soul" and occupy another body.
    Did the other dragons not have this power? Why does she have a power like this to begin with?

Will it get resolved in 3.0, or will it be a gaping plot hole that won't get resolved?
    Who knows.

It's also never explained how, in the the chronicle, she apparently has the knowledge to "truly" kill ascended.
    Something, I assume, would be knowledge only the Vigil would have.

+ Reply to Thread