+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 3 Post By July13th
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By Topology
  • 1 Post By Topology
  • 1 Post By Mythue

Thread: Twisted Bizarro World!

  1. #1
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default Twisted Bizarro World!

    Ok, so I'm going through my artifacts. Someone was quitting Rift and sent me a bunch of his extras, and 1000+ plat. I used much of this plat to fill out more artifact sets by buying from the AH and..

    Is it a 'thing' that we keep finding sets about friendly worlds where all the bad guys are actually really super nice guys, and where the good guys are actually tyrants or totally evil?

    I know these could all be dozens of other timelines/universes, but.. what if it's ALL ONE world?

    OMG can you IMAGINE visiting it? It'd be like that Star Trek world with an evil Enterprise!


    Do it Trion! Give us even a tease of Bizarro Telara, where we work with good Maelforge to kill the evil Kelari, or help the wonderful deathly shapers in crafting works of art, before the monstrous corrupted Ascended attack!




    Any other Twisted worlds you'd want to visit?

  2. #2
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Another post by Daglar said they are looking for ways to bring back people to Old Zones. My idea for it would be zone slivers. It might be like the alternate warfronts in that it is same map but other stuff would be different.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Another post by Daglar said they are looking for ways to bring back people to Old Zones. My idea for it would be zone slivers. It might be like the alternate warfronts in that it is same map but other stuff would be different.
    I'm also wondering if they've discussed making sliver realities part of a larger multiverse storyline, not just 'what if' scenarios.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Topology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I'm also wondering if they've discussed making sliver realities part of a larger multiverse storyline, not just 'what if' scenarios.
    Isn't that the rationale behind slivers as they exist now?

    I always thought that they corresponded to realities that branched off from the one the player characters inhabit at various points, and that they were quite real.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Topology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Do it Trion! Give us even a tease of Bizarro Telara, where we work with good Maelforge to kill the evil Kelari, or help the wonderful deathly shapers in crafting works of art, before the monstrous corrupted Ascended attack!




    Any other Twisted worlds you'd want to visit?
    Damn edit timer. On topic, though, I think it'd be cool if they made a sliver zone with actual open world quest content and the like. They could even tie it into the upcoming expansion and use old world content at the same time.

    Perhaps a water-themed incarnation of Freemarch where the Abyssal were never ousted from Meridian? An open world raid boss for such a zone could be a still-Abyssal Faceless Man. Or maybe a depiction of the Lake of Solace in another reality would work. I always thought that zone was horribly underutilized.
    Last edited by Topology; 08-17-2013 at 08:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    Isn't that the rationale behind slivers as they exist now?
    I always thought that they corresponded to realities that branched off from the one the player characters inhabit at various points, and that they were quite real.
    Oh they're REAL and part of the story, but so far, these are the only ones that at all intersect with the plot:
    -Terminus (hugely - would be just our timeline, but since its closed off now, it's become a sliver)
    -Fall of Lantern Hook (involves main characters and main story tidbits)
    -Uh.... some Sight stuff in capital cities..

    Otherwise, one can totally and completely ignore them, and it's fine. Any of the 6 existing sliver raids, even, result in 'what if's, and nothing more. I could be wrong about SL ones because I'm not very familiar with them.

    So what I'm talking about, is content (zones??, dungeons, more important raids, more) that involves the main plot, like we're moving into the Planes, but also gradually introducing info about other planets, realms, and timelines, and how that all works and intersects with each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    Damn edit timer. On topic, though, I think it'd be cool if they made a sliver zone with actual open world quest content and the like. They could even tie it into the upcoming expansion and use old world content at the same time.
    Perhaps a water-themed incarnation of Freemarch where the Abyssal were never ousted from Meridian? An open world raid boss for such a zone could be a still-Abyssal Faceless Man. Or maybe a depiction of the Lake of Solace in another reality would work. I always thought that zone was horribly underutilized.
    Yes, the bolded stuff but really the whole thing.

    Developers:
    -taking the sliver stuff and bringing a focus to it
    -learning from dimensions (mini-slivers in themselves, showing that we do have the tech/magic by this point to warp the barriers between worlds) to recreate areas
    -get the lore writer(s) to push forward into this whole aspect of the lore, and even tying it into the potential of the Ascended and maybe even Time based enemies out there


    To see, for example, a whole Freemarch zone that is redone (very different asset placement and even landscape in areas), with new quests/dailies, 'Meridian' as the enemy stronghold and totally different (maybe even much bigger) layout, surprising allies, a story that has some revelations on maybe things like how the Ascended work (or anything, surprise us!)...


    Potentially, this kind of stuff would be Cataclysm done right. Use the existing areas to advance the story once in a while, without overwriting the original stuff.

  7. #7
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    Damn edit timer. On topic, though, I think it'd be cool if they made a sliver zone with actual open world quest content and the like. They could even tie it into the upcoming expansion and use old world content at the same time.

    Perhaps a water-themed incarnation of Freemarch where the Abyssal were never ousted from Meridian? An open world raid boss for such a zone could be a still-Abyssal Faceless Man. Or maybe a depiction of the Lake of Solace in another reality would work. I always thought that zone was horribly underutilized.
    That is kinda what I meant by my zone sliver suggestions.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    447

    Default

    I wish I could remember which twisted artifact set I read that did not seem like an alternative reality, in that it was like a present day reality on Telara. I will find it though and post it. It just made me think that some of these twisted artifact sets might not be so twisted after all.

    and Lantern Hook..everytime I see a reference to it I think of the artifact set that tells how ancient this place really is, predating the eth and the bloodstorm, one of the artifacts is an unexplained residual of fire which is curious! I always think of birth when near the pool of water there.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts