+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storm Breaker Protocol bothers me

Default Storm Breaker Protocol bothers me

Is Storm Breaker Protocol a sliver, similar to Fall of Lantern Hook? There's no many things off it pains me.

1.) We rescue Prince Casamar and meet General Batua. But we met Casamar outside of the Tower of Dawn and Batua was locked up by Awakened Mutants.

2.) Architects: I don't even know how to begin here. Why are they there?

3.) Why is the entrance in Tempest Bay?

4.) Location: You start out on the aquaduct that Kaliban chased you off of in City Core, landing in a drained version of the Resevour. You travel east, ending up in the area where you kill Beastlord Thermodon.

5.) ????
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Storm Breaker Protocol is not a sliver.

1. The zones relflect the history that has happened, so when you quest you progress through time. Both characters aren't stationary and seems to have come out of their pickles of past. I wont say more cause well, spoilers.

2. The Architects work for Crucia. She's their queen, and she abuses their hivemind+shared intelligence. You'll see them a lot.

3. I have no idea, maybe it was convenient to have it there. It looks like a portal, and could lorewise be a portal that places you where the actions is at.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Storm Breaker Protocol is not a sliver.

1. The zones relflect the history that has happened, so when you quest you progress through time. Both characters aren't stationary and seems to have come out of their pickles of past. I wont say more cause well, spoilers.

2. The Architects work for Crucia. She's their queen, and she abuses their hivemind+shared intelligence. You'll see them a lot.

3. I have no idea, maybe it was convenient to have it there. It looks like a portal, and could lorewise be a portal that places you where the actions is at.
    I understand the chronological progression, but still:

1.) The architects would have had to cross Kingsward and City Core to get to Eastern Holdings (where Storm Breaker Protocol takes place). I highly doubt that could have happened, given the Ascended running around at this point.

2.) We had General Batua dropping us into the region to save Prince Casamar. When we go to start our assault on the Tower of Dawn to kill Salvarola, we meet Prince Casamar at the base and then go in with him to rescue General Batua. Storm Breaker Protocol takes place at level 52, yet we don't meet Casamar or Batua until level 58-59 in Kingsward.

3.) Why was the reservoir drained at level 52 then full again at level 54 when we actually go into Eastern Holdings?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Storm Breaker Protocol bothers me too.

Talila answers these questions pretty well though.

Storm Breaker happens around the time of the Ardent/Core/Eastern events, and leads into us meeting up at the Tower of Dawn in Kingsward.
    Architects are Crucia's servants (remember that Dendrome takes place after Crucia's death) and I think they can burrow underground.
    Tempest Bay just = easy entrance because there's not general entrance in Brevane. Consider it just a flash forward to you heading to Brevane and entering that specific dungeon area.
    I really consider the Storm Breaker Protocol as it's own area that somehow we can't access in the open world. Yes, it's stupid, but not unheard of! Similar, but not as silly examples include Foul Cascade, Abyssal Precipice, and Runic Descent... it's just SBP goes freaking overboard.

To answer your last post:

1)Why not? Aelfwar crossed all of Gloamwood and Scarlet Gorge (facing mortals, Ascended, Endless, and maybe Wanton along the way, I'd assume). Crossing Kingsward wouldn't be too hard, considering they're already 1/4-1/3 into it, and City Core wouldn't exactly be very dangerous, considering that mutants would be their allies (all Crucia's servants in the end).
    Architects = shock troopers and free labour.
    Mutants = brute force and land occupiers.
    Storm Legion military = mass army and specialized roles and leadership
    Mechanical servants = fully obedient beings and don't require subsistence
    Crucia likes her multi-pronged army, and the Architects likely didn't need to pass much non-Legion occupied land to reach Eastern Holdings. They were just sent on a mission, is all. Remember that Eastern Holdings takes place before all those other zones, and City Core story was only more of a solo-exploration. It's completely reasonable that Architects crossed that land to go on a mission, and survived the journey.

2)
    -we meet Batua
    -he sends us to Storm Breaker Protocol
    -we save Casamar
    -Batua is in danger
    -we join with Casamar to help Batua
    -we all defeat Salverola
    -everyone is saved

That's the timeline, I thought. (Add in the other royalty stuff we see in the zone quests)
    What's wrong about that?

3)Not so sure about the Reservoir, but I think the issue with SBP is that it's more appropriate for a Lv 54-56 range, but they didn't have the dungeons to fill in the earlier gap outside of Exodus of the Storm Queen. That makes it a design issue, but not a timeline one. Trion clearly considers all of City Core + Eastern Holdings + Ardent Domain + Kingsward to be a 'block' of story, and with City Core at Lv 52, it means Storm Breaker Protocol to just BARELY fit in, but we as lore players can still go with it more appropriately being Lv 54+ or so, not Lv 52.

How come Casamar and Batua act as if we had never met them at the Tower of Dawn?

Casamar asks who we are when we reach the understructure - where we meet him. We then say that Isabella sent us and he is shocked to hear that she is alive. Batua asked Casamar who the Ascended is, since no one can be trusted in the apocalypse. We end up walking right past Isabella and Southwall Bunker.

Its not like we cleared out every single mutant in Eastern Holdings before we moved on, it wasn't until later after Salvarola's death (I assume) that the city got purged of the mutants. Maybe not since the architects seem to take it over quite fast.

The only dungeon I've seen so far that uses already existing area is Fall of Lantern Hook, which was the foundation for the sliver system for 10 mans, as it took place in the future/alternate reality. Storm Breaker Protocol seems to do the same thing, although it just acts differently.

The story for the game goes all other the place in terms of time.

If you quest through the story quests in the zones, then do the dungeons, the timeline won't make sense.

If you do the chronicle before finishing the zone storyline quests, the timeline makes no sense.

The game can only do so much in terms of NPCs in old locations remembering what you've done further down the story.

Just view it as this. The story quests in all the zones are the main timeline, where as chronicles, dungeons etc are storylines that go INTO the main timeline at various points.
    You won't be doing the story in order. You may go forwards, then backwards a bit, then back forward again.

Yes it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    The story for the game goes all other the place in terms of time.

If you quest through the story quests in the zones, then do the dungeons, the timeline won't make sense.

If you do the chronicle before finishing the zone storyline quests, the timeline makes no sense.

The game can only do so much in terms of NPCs in old locations remembering what you've done further down the story.

Just view it as this. The story quests in all the zones are the main timeline, where as chronicles, dungeons etc are storylines that go INTO the main timeline at various points.
    You won't be doing the story in order. You may go forwards, then backwards a bit, then back forward again.

Yes it's confusing.
    Yep.

But IMO, the Brevane stuff is especially messy. I don't like how they did it.

The Hero Rises/Frozen Tempest stuff annoyed me too.

Alright so it's a weird part of the timeline, but I'm still on the whole General Batua and Prince Casamar thing. We didn't meet them until level 58 in Kingsward, what were they doing in Eastern Holdings at level 54?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Alright so it's a weird part of the timeline, but I'm still on the whole General Batua and Prince Casamar thing. We didn't meet them until level 58 in Kingsward, what were they doing in Eastern Holdings at level 54?
    You're supposed to meet Batua first in Tempest Bay (Lv 52ish, once we teleport from Pelladane/Jule), and Prince Casamar while we rescue him around Lv 54 in Storm Breaker Protocol.

Your stuff about them not recognizing us at Tower of Dawn is weird and I'd have to play through it again, because the Tower of Dawn (Kingsward) is supposed to be the CONCLUSION of the Brevanic storyline (until it returns for the Empyreal Alliance stuff heading into Dendrome). At the Tower of Dawn, we basically have all the surviving royalty back together, we kick Salverola's butt, and the Awakened flee northward. Storm Breaker Protocol is way before that, where we just save one of the royalty on Batua's request.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    You're supposed to meet Batua first in Tempest Bay (Lv 52ish, once we teleport from Pelladane/Jule), and Prince Casamar while we rescue him around Lv 54 in Storm Breaker Protocol.

Your stuff about them not recognizing us at Tower of Dawn is weird and I'd have to play through it again, because the Tower of Dawn (Kingsward) is supposed to be the CONCLUSION of the Brevanic storyline (until it returns for the Empyreal Alliance stuff heading into Dendrome). At the Tower of Dawn, we basically have all the surviving royalty back together, we kick Salverola's butt, and the Awakened flee northward. Storm Breaker Protocol is way before that, where we just save one of the royalty on Batua's request.
    That's the weird thing about Batua - he works for the Eternal City but also is with us at Frozen Tempest.

And, how was he in Tempest Bay since he was locked in a cage in the understructure of the Tower of Dawn

WAIT

Cape Jule/Pelladane -> All the Brevane stuff (before Ashora) -> Storm Breaker Protocol (somehow Casamar gets captured by Architects) -> Dusken stuff (which we talked about in the other thread, don't wanna dig that up again) -> Steppes of Infinity -> Ashora -> Dendrome

That's the only way I could honestly see it. Where's the freaking lore dev????

Batua doesn't work just for the Eternal City... he's normally stationed in Tempest Bay for the surviving Lycini.

Is he actually at Frozen Tempest? I didn't know that.

He's in Tempest Bay (for A Hero Rises), while Frozen Tempest happens, I thought.

Do you actually have your info right? He can't be at the raid and TB at the same time. Literally can't. They take place at exactly the same time. Is he actually in the raid? Please confirm.

You need to simmer down the speculation. Tempest Bay is his NORMAL station. He GOES to Brevane for some stuff, that's all. THEN he goes back to Tempest Bay. THEN A Hero Rises happens. THEN everyone does Endless Eclipse and THEN moves on to Dendrome, Batua included.

Just because Kira and Uriel are seen in Meridian all the time, doesn't mean they don't go out to the other zones.

I really think you're mixing yourself up without verified info.

1. Are you SURE that at the Tower of Dawn, they DON'T recognize you?
    2. IS Batua FOR SURE at Frozen Tempest raid?
    Last edited by Maeloda; 08-17-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Batua doesn't work just for the Eternal City... he's normally stationed in Tempest Bay for the surviving Lycini.

Is he actually at Frozen Tempest? I didn't know that.

He's in Tempest Bay (for A Hero Rises), while Frozen Tempest happens, I thought.

Do you actually have your info right? He can't be at the raid and TB at the same time. Literally can't. Is he actually in the raid?

You need to simmer down the speculation. Tempest Bay is his NORMAL station. He GOES to Brevane for some stuff, that's all. THEN he goes back to Tempest Bay.

Just because Kira and Uriel are seen in Meridian all the time, doesn't mean they don't go out to the other zones.

I really think you're mixing yourself up without verified info.

1. Are you SURE that at the Tower of Dawn, they DON'T recognize you?
    2. IS Batua FOR SURE at Frozen Tempest raid?
    Well when I say Frozen Tempest, he's directing us around, from a communicator I guess. It was Miela who was at Frozen Tempest with us.

And yes, Casamar had no idea who I was. He pretty much grabbed me and shook me when I said that Isabella had sent me to kill Salvarola "Don't joke with me you fool, my Isabella, she is alive?" Or something along those lines. We go in and get Batua out and Batua asked Casamar who I was, if I remember right.

And Tempest Bay is Lycini. They reside in Cape Jule and the Kingdom of Pelladane. The Brevanes reside in the Eternal City, which is City Core, Ardent Domain, Eastern Holdings and Kingsward. There is no relation other than location between the Lycini and the Brevanes. Well, General Batua too it seems.

As far as I know:

1. Batua is in Tempest Bay
    2. Then he sends you to do the Storm Breaker Protocol, but he's still in Tempest Bay
    3. Then he joins everyone at Kingsward.
    4. Then he goes back to Tempest Bay, and meets up with you as you save the City. He also relays information from the raid happening in Frozen Tempest, but he is NOT there.
    5. Then he stays in Tempest Bay while the Ascended keep moving and take out Regulos in Endless Eclipse.
    6. Then he sets up the Empyreal Alliance, joining all friendly factions together for a push into Dendrome, in order to:
    a)fight back against the now invading Architects (we can't let them hit Kingsward)
    b)find out what Crucia wants from that area
    c)pursue the surviving Awakened
    7. Now at this point in the story, he should be back in Tempest Bay, possibly setting up another Empyreal push into the Infinity Gate to pursue the Architect Queen. IMO lorewise, we already visited the Infinity Gate, but more in small groups or a raid, to sabotage the work Crucia is doing there. The upcoming raid will, therefore, be about a more focused effort to TAKE the Infinity Gate/Steppes and enter it safely.

As far as I know:

1. Batua is in Tempest Bay
    2. Then he sends you to do the Storm Breaker Protocol, but he's still in Tempest Bay
    3. Then he joins everyone at Kingsward.
    4. Then he goes back to Tempest Bay, and meets up with you as you save the City. He also relays information from the raid happening in Frozen Tempest, but he is NOT there.
    5. Then he stays in Tempest Bay while the Ascended keep moving and take out Regulos in Endless Eclipse.
    6. Then he sets up the Empyreal Alliance, joining all friendly factions together for a push into Dendrome, in order to:
    a)fight back against the now invading Architects (we can't let them hit Kingsward)
    b)find out what Crucia wants from that area
    c)pursue the surviving Awakened
    7. Now at this point in the story, he should be back in Tempest Bay, possibly setting up another Empyreal push into the Infinity Gate to pursue the Architect Queen. IMO lorewise, we already visited the Infinity Gate, but more in small groups or a raid, to sabotage the work Crucia is doing there. The upcoming raid will, therefore, be about a more focused effort to TAKE the Infinity Gate/Steppes and enter it safely.
    So he sends us to rescue Casamar, we pull him out, both head to Kingsward while we push on, they forget about us (and Isabella since we ran RIGHT past her Southwall Bunker). Batua gets captured. We reach Kingsward and meet Casamar (again). We go in an get Batua.

That right there, along with the unsung relationship between the Lycini and the Brevanes, is what is throwing me off. And the sudden Architect presence in Eastern Holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Well when I say Frozen Tempest, he's directing us around, from a communicator I guess. It was Miela who was at Frozen Tempest with us.
    Ok so he's in Tempest Bay still, so I don't know what you were trying to say about him. Most of the time he's stationed in Tempest Bay, except for the push into Kingsward, and later on (post dragon deaths) the push into Dendrome.

And yes, Casamar had no idea who I was. He pretty much grabbed me and shook me when I said that Isabella had sent me to kill Salvarola "Don't joke with me you fool, my Isabella, she is alive?" Or something along those lines. We go in and get Batua out and Batua asked Casamar who I was, if I remember right.
    This isn't a big deal, tbh. It just means that Storm Legion lore treats us as 'Ascended' instead of 'That Specific Ascended'.

It's a mistake to take this approach by the lore writers, imo, but it's understandable. Some people only do dungeons, some people only do quests chronologically. Some people do a mix of stuff - so Trion may just be going "Ok, we're gonna treat you as 'generic Ascended' now, instead of the specific one that does everything."

I don't like it, but I don't consider it a problem in the way you're treating it.

And Tempest Bay is Lycini. They reside in Cape Jule and the Kingdom of Pelladane. The Brevanes reside in the Eternal City, which is City Core, Ardent Domain, Eastern Holdings and Kingsward. There is no relation other than location between the Lycini and the Brevanes. Well, General Batua too it seems.[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast