+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timeline & Clarification

Default Timeline & Clarification

Any idea how long the Shade War lasted and how long it has been over (or is it?) at time of launch?

According the the Telerapiedia, King Jostir died 80 years before launch. Kinda get the feeling that before the man was cold, his sons were at eachother's throats. Let's just throw out a guess and say the boys were 20 when their dad dies mysteriously (kinda makes you wonder if Aedraxis killed him)... and assuming Zareph was not killed during the War against his brother (which would logically give the Lich Aedraxis the "I WIN" card as the heir apparent?), we're looking at King Zareph being over 100 at launch.

Does this jive? Or am I over thinking the logic? Is 100 years there the same as 100 years here? What are the normal life expectancies of Mathosians anyway? We all know Dwarves and Elves live a long, long time....

Just trying to put things in perspective, if possible.

Also... a clarification:
    If the Five head Pantheon was able to oust and bind Regulos once and erect the Ward, why can they not do it again? Why are Ascendants needed to 'fix things.' What has changed? Did Aedraxis do something that prevents the complete closure of the Rifts? Are there less Telaran's professing devotion to the gods, thereby weakening enough that they can not seal the Ward again and kick the Blood Storm out of Telara? Or, due to the Defiants use of the Sourcestones, are there constantly weakening areas that can no longer be healed because Sourcestones are being depleted from the world? Is there no 'one cause', but instead a bit of all the above mucking up the works?

Thanks- and if this question has been addressed before, I apologize. Just send me to the right place so I can read it.

80 years before the game starts King Jostir dies. Afterwards the two brothers engage in a civil war (not sure how soon after) then Zeraph founds Port Scion (not sure how soon after) which eventually is overcome and falls (not sure how soon after) and he is "lost". Trion simply hasn't given a solid enough timeline to really guess as to what his age would be but 100ish sounds fair. Either way, he is dead... or so we're being lead to believe!

As for why the Vigil don't just restore the ward? We don't fully know. They've gone silent for mysterious reasons which I'm sure we'll find out while playing. Maybe they got invited to the Rift beta test and are just too preoccupied with that.

hehe thanks for the clarification, Souper

In watching one of the trailers this AM, I see that the Guardians have a different leader- not King Zeraph like I had thought. So that makes it a bit clearer too. (as I had thought he was still kicking around)

But yeah... some more definitive times would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    As for why the Vigil don't just restore the ward? We don't fully know. They've gone silent for mysterious reasons which I'm sure we'll find out while playing. Maybe they got invited to the Rift beta test and are just too preoccupied with that.
    Now that's funny. Now I know who to blame if the game sucks and is buggy...hunt down the Vigil! Hehe.

+ Reply to Thread