+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: With curcia the storm queen, as current villan what ever happened to regulos?

Default With curcia the storm queen, as current villan what ever happened to regulos?

With curcia the storm queen, as current villan what ever happened to regulos? Is he forgotten, or is he no more? Has he perhaps been defeated or permantly contained. The SL zones are outside the ward, why dose Lord regulos not attack there? Is he restricted to certain zones?
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Ascendant

we killed him in the endless eclipse raid

he is in the lore in dusken, particularly seratos and the story is mostly explained through questing in that zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Apparently there's a bigger threat then the Blood Storm.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    we killed him in the endless eclipse raid

he is in the lore in dusken, particularly seratos and the story is mostly explained through questing in that zone
    Hes no longer a threat to the world and has been taken out of the big picture, never to return. No longer revelent anymore than the lich king is now in WoW. Only alive in old world zones set in the past. I understand.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Regulos is dead for good. Crucia is on the run. Architects have a resurrected queen. Some will open the gate so we can go to 3.0.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 07-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Regulos is dead for good. Crucia is on the run. Architects have a resurrected queen. Some will open the gate so we can go to 3.0.
    Well I wouldn't count him out ENTIRELY. He's certainly gone as a Dragon, or an Avatar-that-ate-four-other-Dragons, but he's a friggin god of Death... he may return.

But yeah for now, he's out of the picture and only Crucia remains. We've wrecked her army, even though they remain as a partial threat in Dendrome. She may be part of the next Tier 5 raid, or maybe a Tier 6, or even maybe be a lead-in to Plane of Water 3.0 (but I wouldn't like that).

The whole 'tutorial and Lv 1-50' that focused on Regulos above all, ended with the quests in Stillmoor + Life/Death Saga (moreso Death) + River of Souls Chronicle and Raid.

Then Chronicle of Attunement, Seratos and Morban quests, a couple dungeons, and Endless Eclipse both shows us how powerful Death remains... yet also how Regulos has already been pushed back significantly by the Ascended and Crucia. Once we 'change the future' (whether unwittingly with the Guardians, or purposefully with the Defiants) by killing Alsbeth and stopping Regulos' resurrection in Stillmoor, Crucia bides her time for a bit while we kill Akylios, Maelforge, and Laethys, and takes her 'rightful throne' as the big bad of Rift.

But of course, after she dies, I'm sure another big character will appear or be at least hinted as being much more manipulative of all events until this moment ;), either using the Blood Storm as tools of some sort, or the Blood Storm was concealing Telara from it.

Oh and yeah, like previously said in the thread, the Architects remain. Their story is touched on in Pelladane, Steppes of Infinity, and Ashora, but it is a major focus of Dendrome, a Chronicle, and a future Raid.

They're a thread but honestly as much of a threat as the Pykari are in Ember Isle - aka a big part of the story but only related to a big bad, not the big bad itself.

The lore exists for him to return but he wont... He is dead. The death text HEAVILY implies he wont be coming back.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 07-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Well I wouldn't count him out ENTIRELY. He's certainly gone as a Dragon, or an Avatar-that-ate-four-other-Dragons, but he's a friggin god of Death... he may return.

that would be one heck of a retcon
    do the raid it is pretty clear that we kill him dead.

that would be one heck of a retcon
    I've seen all the RP in it.

Regulos likes to 'die' a whole lot. I think major defeats of him amount to at least 4 now. I count the events in Stillmoor as a Lv 50, because they're so pivotal to the Terminus timeline and the possible reconstruction of Regulos as a dragon, instead of this monstrosity.

"I cannot be unmade! My minions will harvest souls for their god of death, until the end of time!"

Endless Eclipse. Achievement - "Never Say Die"

I just get a heck of a feeling that all Endless Eclipse is supposed to be, is us thinking Regulos is 'dead dead' for a quite a while, until Trion makes the decision to roll him out again, in an even greater form. "End of time" might be a hint... it might.

Again,
    That's what raiders thought with Crucia, but WHOOPS 2.1 shows that while technically Crucia is dead too, she just mind transferred before her body died.

And yeah I think that might be purposeful, to illustrate "Hey those Blood Storm? They're not just dragons, but instead crazy collections of corrupted and identity-marked planar power."

Greenscale can die but the 'alpha predator' role can just be taken up by another.
    Akylios can die but his messages and knowledge can be picked up by another, even his own whispers. I'm sure we'll be dealing with something related to that...
    Maelforge can die but spread out his power through spawn. I'm sure many of those still exist.
    Laethys can die but then be reconstituted with enough Earth energy.
    Crucia can OUTRIGHT in front of our EYES, die, but have a plan to still carry on in a mortal body. Poor raiders, didn't get to finish her off, but Trion let you think you did for a few weeks

So Regulos? That, you know, 'endless' god? I wouldn't dispute that his dragon form is dead and gone (at least neutralized via killing Alsbeth and Kain), and this planar god form is dead too. But Regulos, as an identity? Eh, I'll wait for Plane of Death content to be so sure, just imo from all this.

I think the Blood Storm story is over, but I also don't think Trion is discarding these characters (well maybe Crucia in the next 1-2 raid tiers, lol, but you likely get my point - they're done with dragons, but PLANAR GODS? They may still play various roles, like the Water Saga hints to me.)

EDIT: Why would his minions still harvest souls FOR him? Sure, it can just be bluster, but what if he literally means they'll be harvesting *FOR HIM*? Again, Water Saga showed that minions can create a new Avatar (same as the old Avatar, yuk yuk) through collecting planar power. This raid Regulos himself was created by harvesting the souls of Laethys, Greenscale, Akylios, and Maelforge. Are we to assume either way, that his minions in the Plane of Death can or can't just collect a whole ton of souls and bring him back again in an even greater form?

I know 'end of time' can simply mean 'forever', but with possible Orphiel and timeline stuff in the (probably far off) future, what if 'end of time' is an actual event that Regulos may be tied to, just like Crucia might have had ulterior motives in 'protecting' Telara from detection from other cosmic beings.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-20-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I

That's what raiders thought with Crucia, but WHOOPS 2.1 shows that while technically Crucia is dead too, she just mind transferred before her body died.

NO it isn't the raid was always clear that crucia escaped and is wearing the queen as a meat suit

but you like to be right and always have the last word so ok you're right

NO it isn't the raid was always clear that crucia escaped and is wearing the queen as a meat suit
    Uh, where?

"Telara is a small, pathetic prison: Behold the truth of your world: weak and alone in a hungry darkness! This is my final gift to you!" - Sounds more like a goodbye.

"Impossible! Even shattered, I'm more powerful than you can comprehend!" - This one IS foreshadowing, but very light. It's also along the lines of some Regulos lines, that can be taken either way.

"You think you have won? Though my body breathes its last breath, my fury shall endure!" - See, this one is interesting. She talks only of her 'fury'. What is that? Could that be just the same as Regulos talking about him being unable to be 'be unmade'? They're literally just as vague, yet just as foreshadowing. I had never met one raider in the Nov-Dec period before Endless Eclipse/Tempest Bay Chronicle that thought that Crucia wasn't dead for good.

but you like to be right and always have the last word so ok you're right
    It's not about 'having the last word'. I don't care. And I've been corrected several big times on these forums (in Lore section and elsewhere) - it's ok. What I'm starting to take issue with is that you're making claims without backing them up, and speaking negatively about me just for bringing up ideas with evidence to attempt to back them up.
    I'm only proposing a theory about a character, and you're beginning to smell suspiciously like a troll with that last line.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Difference is that Regulos was destroyed in his own plane.

And I'd wager that Crucia's physical aspect is gone but she had control of Queen Milea's physical form, I'd bet she end up being a host for Crucia.
    The one and only, Exitwounds of Laethys

<Afterlife>
    9/9 2/4GA

Quote Originally Posted by Phadriel View Post
    Difference is that Regulos was destroyed in his own plane.

And I'd wager that Crucia's physical aspect is gone but she had control of Queen Milea's physical form, I'd bet she end up being a host for Crucia.
    I know, and you could be right!

Keep in mind that what I mean by Regulos being 'alive', only really means that some measure of his presence will continue in the game. I'm not saying I outright believe that Regulos as a giant physical being still exists.

This happened with Akylios in the Water Saga, even though he was 'dead'. Whatever is 'Akylios/Dragon' doesn't matter to cultists - they worship the planar power over the dragon, in the end.

And I think that's what brings up the question to me about Regulos. Why would servants continue to harvest souls *for* him? If they're enslaved, shouldn't they be like the Shapers and just attempt to do their own thing? I know he could just be boasting, but something doesn't ring right.

And that's all it is really - a hunch based on what seems to be evidence to me. It stems from me thinking that the story of Rift is Death-focused above all. Ascended are intrinsically tied to the Plane of Death. The main enemy of 1.0 and Ascended origin stories are Regulos and the Plane of Death. The Defiant defining story is much more Death-focused than any other element. And Crucia's biggest enemy in her eyes seems not the be the Ascended (until we get a little to close for her comfort), but Regulos. Should we really think that 3.0 won't address Death and especially Regulos at all? I tend to think Rift isn't Rift without Regulos being a menace lurking in the shadows, even with the game likely expanding to bigger planar and cosmic gods.

I think it also comes from the feeling that while the other dragons are seen as Queens, Lords, and even still Gods, the writing seems to indicate (overall) that they're not the utter masters of those planes, but just incredibly powerful beings of them. Yet Regulos is worded as the seemingly undisputed master of the Plane of Death (outside of more Soulstreamy areas like the River of Souls?). It seems that anything that takes his place in the Plane of Death would have to be super super important (which is possible, considering some threads of the Forgotten Goddess, Orphiel, etc), or else the place will feel kinda lame and neutered.
    The other planes don't have that worry, because we see that they have various aspects that keep the Planes from being 100% under their control.

Crucia has Shalastari already known to have rebelled against her, meaning no total control (but close).
    Maelforge is just praised by his worshipers, and he doesn't have a 'control' over everyone, neither does he want that.
    Greenscale just festers and drives those around him into wild behavior. Nom nom nom. (It also means that the Fae are the easiest of the planar races to purify and reach peace with.)
    Akylios also does his thing and inspires evil behavior in others, but doesn't look like the conquoring sort.
    Laethys craves worship like Crucia and Regulos do, but settles for having a palace and the people to come to *her*
    *all of this is partially based on guessing, but they seem to be right to me

But Regulos? He's wide-spread, he's all about controlling his worshipers, he inspires evil behavior in everyone else, has everyone come to him, and festers death (but again, widespread). He's all in one metaphorically, and I loved his boss in Endless Eclipse because it carries that 'all-in-one' message perfectly, but in the physical sense. What beats that?

I know this is ranty and I apologize . I just want to make clear that this is nothing about 'being right', but more looking at the trends of MMOs and not being exactly surprised if they return Regulos (or at least his involvement past death) in a big way, years from now.

EDIT: I'm not saying Regulos himself will return in 3.0, or even a 4.0-5.0! Just that his involvement may persist in some form (even in death), until a possible resurrection (after a longggg period of foreshadowing). And if that happens, I'd hope they have him transcend the Planes, as I hope the story of Rift eventually transcends the Planes and heads into time travel/universes, cosmic exploration, and more. But yeah I don't see him being the big threat for a while , I just think that if any of the Dragons would return, it would realllly be him,
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-20-2013 at 02:56 PM.

The dendrome story quest implies that the dragons are constantly reborn. That their nature is cyclical.

ALL the dragons were already reborn in dendrome. All but one were killed.

Whether Regulos or the other dragons come back in a way we are use to or at all is up to the developers really.

However since the life dragon survived and is now a good guy perhaps we are going to the water plane because Akylios was the second dragon we killed.

Of course there is the matter of the Vigil and the Fate goddess, so again we might never see the dragons again if Trion doesn't feel like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast