+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jairone

Thread: Starting Storm Legion

Soulwalker

Default Starting Storm Legion

I've been paying attention to the lore for the most part since level 1. I just hit 48 on my mage and am about to enter the new continents. The problem is I don't really know whats going on. Is there some kind of lead up quest line before I head to the new content? Cause from the looks of it, it seems like I just got a letter to head to the new areas and I should already know what's going on. Obviously Crucia is involved somehow, but I don't even know what the lore about these new areas is. Did they just pop up overnight? Isn't Crucia trapped under IPP? Why is she here? Maybe I'm jumping ahead of the gun and the first few quests explain more about what I'm doing here, where I am, and etc. If so, which starting area is better lorewise to get a better understanding of everything? Thanks in advance.

Rift Disciple

There are some things that deal with the lore aspect of that.

First, there was a quest chain of pre-release events (you can still work on it if you want, just go out to the ship between freemarch and silverwood and start doing quests) which explained a little of what was going on.

Second, you will get a lot of story just from what you see happening in the new zones. The quests I mentioned introduced the people from the new area, and dealt with the storm legion activity on Mathosia leading up to the expansion... so it may feel a little disjointed without that info.

As a recommendation, run the first dungeon with people when you can. *For focusing on lore, you may want a group that isn't struggling with the dungeon itself.* It was released as a level 50 minimum requirement, and it honestly contains some of the story that is related to this. In fact, this will explain a lot of what is going on with regard to Crucia and her imprisonment... and for those looking for a solid lore progression it is basically required.

Hope that helps!
    Cylendra@Faeblight. Aka Jairone. Aka Desidar. Aka Yseniel. Aka... darn it, I have an alt problem okay?
    Baker of many noms! Also, oddly enough, eater of many noms! Who'da thunk it!

Soulwalker

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Ascendant

the lore is kind of fractured - as in you've experienced much of it but don't notice it because its not in order.

Ideally, IPP would have ended when you stop the Abyssal from discovering the tablets. You would then go onward to stillmoor and then BACK to IPP to finish the crucia quest line at level 50. The Crucia IPP story leads perfectly into the story for the dungeon "Exodus of the storm queen" which happens almost instantly after the expansion launch story that starts with a letter you get in your mailbox that says "explore the wreck of the endeavor."

When you hit level 50, you get mail that has an item that starts a quest. It sends you near Port Scion. It starts the small chain that leads up to you doing the first xpac dungeon which, when put together is the lead up to the expansions lore.
    You also get a costume set for doing it.
    There's also a smaller quest when you pick up a blue quality ring on the lake in IPP. It doesn't have as much lore as the main story chain, but it's something. lol

You're 48, so you don't have access to this quest. I could be wrong.

In order...

Pre-Storm Legion related:
    -All of the Lv 1-50 zones' quests, dungeons (9-11 zones, 10 dungeons at least Normal Mode)
    -Life/Death Saga epic questline
    -Tier 1 raids (Greenscale's Blight, River of Souls)
    -Tier 2 raids (Hammerknell)
    -Water Saga epic questline
    -Ember Isle Lv '50-52' zone (quests, 1 dungeon)
    -Wanton Maw Saga epic questline
    -Tier 3 raids (Infernal Dawn)

By doing this content, or at least all non-raid (as it might be hard to get a raid set up at first, so you might want to visit them with a group at Lv 60), you'll be caught up on nearly everything before you deal with Storm Legion.

Leadup to Storm Legion:
    -If you haven't done it yet, the aforementioned in the thread Lv 50 questline in Iron Pine Peak and the necklace quests (optional)
    -Grab the mail letter to visit the Wreck of the Endeavor, and do the (previously world event) questline involving Queen Miela and
    -As part of the end of the questline, do the Exodus of the Storm Queen normal dungeon (Lv 50) which takes place in Iron Pine Peak as you witness Crucia's escape.

At the end of all this, you should have enough there to ease in your introduction to the Storm Legion zones, Cape Jule and/or Kingdom of Pelladane (Lv 50-51).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-09-2013 at 11:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread