+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: There's a Goddess?

Default There's a Goddess?

I posted this on the PTS, but will post it here as well cause, it make sense. lol

Some spoilers with the Dendrome story quests.

Ol' crazy Ralston Whipple in Tempest Bay had a sign that said.
    "Six gods six dragons
    Fate Goddess unknown
    Face in sky only
    representation left
    destroyed transit to
    keep divine war secret"

Now. That didn't make sense to me, as I didn't understand what face in sky meant nor the transit, I thought it was the light rail system on Bravene. Or what exactly this divine war is.

However, after you do the story quests in Dendrome you find an awakened woman speaking to a large mural of a female figure (You can find it in Tempest Bay too) calling it the Goddess, asking for the power of ascended and to be a vessel for her.
    So clearly the face in the sky is the murals, a "representation" of the Goddess. That she disappeared and no one knows what happened.

You also find out the bugs are gathering "motes" which appear when a new dragon is being born, and have been killing these born dragons over and over. Apparently the life of a dragon is cyclical. The question is if you can raise them to be good.
    Anyways, they are collecting these motes because they are trying to bring their "queen" back.
    This queen can't be Laethys because they've been killing ALL reborn dragons, including the earth one.
    As well, they are using that awakened girl as a tool to house the queen they are trying to bring back.
    I'm going to assume its the goddess they are trying to bring back and the motes of all the dragons are somehow connected to her in some way (maybe with all motes combined, they create Captain Plan...err The Goddess?).
    That or the power of the motes is used in some sort of magic spell or ritual to summon her.

I'm also going to now assume the "transit" is the system to visit the planes, not the train system on Bravene.

Now the question is who is this goddess, and what this divine war is, but I think we have a new protagonist.
    The next expansion will probably play more into the god-like figures in this game, including finding out more about the Guadian gods, since they are divine in some sense, they are clearly involved in this "divine war"

The awakened woman also calls the Guardians gods dark and some other term which means dirty or ill-intent.
    This makes me believe that maybe the Guardian gods killed the goddess? Then fled to Mathosia, though those gods themselves are gone too and only their messengers are left.
    Or maybe the Guardian gods aren't the good guys we believe them to be, but since the person saying this is a back guy, it would imply those gods are actually good.

I guess old crazy Ralston isn't crazy. lol

I just thought this topic would be interesting to people.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Now. That didn't make sense to me, as I didn't understand what face in sky meant nor the transit, I thought it was the light rail system on Bravene. Or what exactly this divine war is.
    I always figured it's referencing the mural in the Haunted Terminal, the abandoned transit system in Tempest Bay. You've seen the face plenty of times, in loading screens no less:

There's a Goddess?-face.jpg

But now you get to see it in the Denrome:

There's a Goddess?-face2.jpg

The holograph quest also makes reference to a temple of the goddess, but conveniently cuts over her name with static.

I do wonder if she's the goddess Marvet-Fej that the Qaijiri make reference to.

Ascendant

Default Taken from the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    He's the Poor Tom of Tempest Bay.

Fate Goddess=Goddess that was not identified.
    Remember, every single god of the Vigil had an opposite in the Bloodstorm.

Bahralt (creation with purpose) was opposite of Greenscale (cancerous life).
    Thedeor (Destruction with purpose) was the opposite of Maelforge(destruction without reason).
    Mariel Taun (selflessness) is the opposite of Laethys (greed).
    Thontic (creativity and wisdom) is the opposite of Akylios. (Psycotic)
    Tavril (life) is the opposite of Regulos (destruction).

Face in Sky Only representation left, is a reference to Crucia.
    She is the Dragon of Air, and is the only surviving dragon currently.

She is also the only dragon without an opposing member of the Vigil.

The transit idea makes sense actually. After the Blood Storm came through the Infinity gate, it was destroyed shortly after; hence its later reconstruction.
    Regulos as well as the new 10 man reference to beings that are just as bad if not worse than the Blood Storm themselves.

Regulos: Without me to avert their gaze, which one of them will be the first to set their sights upon Telara?

10 man Loading screen: Salvarola and his minions have made a pact with a demon to become ascended! They must be stopped at all costs.

Something like that anyway.

Edit: Also, I recall the water quest stating the motes appeared when a Dragon died, since it was their power that was shattered. By gathering them all, the creation of a new Dragon could be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    i think the divine war is in reference to the war between the Abyssal and the Storm Legion as there are few other pieces of lore in old world that hint to this.

This also may correlate with what we found on the white board recently with the expansion focus likely being that we will enter the plane of water first.

The six gods vs six dragons has always been an interesting conundrum however. From the lore it has always appeared that each god of the vigil had an antithetical dragon. I can't find the exact thread that did a most excellent job at spelling it out but basically we were missing a god of the vigil, and the dragon without an antithetical god was crucia.

What I think would be an amazing plot twist is if this so called missing vigil god was kinda an outcast amongst them, and conspired the entry of the dragons into our world by working with crucia long before they even entered. When the vigil ventured to the planes (again my theory), this vigil god along with crucia coordinated the wrecking of the infinity gate, imprisonment and slaughter of all the other dragon gods including regulos, and the movement of the shield to protect the dendrome.

I believe this renogade vigil is the reason why the dragon gods themselves are corrupt, as it was told in the lore that dragons are not born inherantly evil, they are like everything else with the freedom to choose good or bad, it all depends on how they are raised.

Anyway that is my theory. I think the lore team is doing a great job and incorporating things a bit more into the game for the average player to be more up front. I about died watching the puppet shows lol.

Some other things I think will happen:

1) I think our new found dragon whelp is gonna get kidnapped and we have to save it. Of course they are gonna get us emotionally attached to it first so it'll be heart wrenching when we learn we have to kill it, as it begs us too from being mind controlled by crucia. (I think crucia will want it as a new powerful vessel). The reason being that this dragon is gonna be special. Since we killed all the dragons mayhaps this one will have the power of all the elements with all those various motes running around...
    2) I think General Batua and Atrophinius are gonna participate somehow together in an instance or chronicle some where. By the way I'm sooo glad atrophinius is a major charactor in the story now. Great job!

thats as far as I got. I didn't complete the entire story line because some invasions were bugged in the Achyoti village and I couldn't access some quest NPCs.

EDIT: See post above mine for the opposit god and dragon theory! Thanks for that!
    10characters

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    I think it is. As it is known, each vigil was kinda in charge of their own marvels...like the creation of the porticulums and travel stones for example.

My guess is the the goddes Marvet-Fej was actually one of the orginal six Gods. I suppose her marvels were the creation of travelling systems like the monorail thing, and the infinity gate. I think she did as her "opposite dragon" by turning her back on the vigil like crucia turned her back on the dragons.

Again to reiterate the other post I think she conspired to have the gate crashed thus trapping the vigil away from telara, and trapping the dragons in, and why the vigil can only work through the ascended to fix things. I think crucia only turned her back after this god brought the proposal to her...just a thought.

The divine war may actually not be the abyssal war...but maybe the war between this god and the other vigil gods that telarans as well as the dragons happen to be cought amidst.

We are just pawns, being played on a cosmic chess board.

I am looking forward to see how she plays out her part.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 05-28-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Also from the other thread I posted.

The idea of a renegade goddess is possible. This missing god of the vigil may have been the leader. Since Crucia is ultimately the main evil dragon all along, it's counterpart should be equally the leader too right?

I just did the new chronicle, and the Awakened lady was just used. Her soul and body was consumed to resurrect the architects "queen". Some big bug lady named Inyr'Kta
    In the chronicle you beat her with the help of the new good dragon (Tasuil) and she is forced back to the planes.
    She's probably just a raid boss.

Then after the fight Tasuil states
    "Ascended , meet me in Hailol. We must prepare against the Queen of Earth, for there are things worse than dragons in the planes."

Though once you go back, there's no continuation of the story.

So it seems there are some major questions.

Tasuil is clearly the plane of life Dragon, however you kill the rest of the whelps. Will they be born again or were their power absorbed by something, maybe even Tasuil?

Where is the missing god. Is she a part of the Vigil? Is she the leader? Is she evil?
    Is her face that what we see in Tempest Bay and elsewhere? (I don't believe the face is Crucia as it's not a dragons face, where as all the other Crucia warship items are dragons)
    The vigil do have human-like forms. Is she the counterpart to Crucia?
    Did this goddess corrupt the dragons? Or maybe she's even the leader of the bloodstorm.

Like I stated Inyara states that our gods are dark, where as hers is good. Maybe this goddess was the leader of the vigil but the rest didn't like what she was doing and either killed her, or just fled.

How were the dragons actually stopping the "worse" things from reaching Mathosia?
    My guess is that was just a writers way of adding more bad guys.

And finally, what is "worse" in the planes? The goddess? Something else? Evil monkeys?

I'm impressed with the story too. I found that SL and Chocolate wasn't conveying the story that well, but they are doing a better job of involving the players in the story now.
    Also the "Divine war" would imply that it's a war between diving beings.
    The abyssal cults are not divine and neither are the dragons.
    It would imply that the vigil are either warring among themselves, or that missing god(goddess) is at war with the rest.
    OR there's other "divine" beings not introduced yet to us.
    Last edited by hardy83; 05-28-2013 at 09:01 AM.

I always figured it's referencing the mural in the Haunted Terminal, the abandoned transit system in Tempest Bay. You've seen the face plenty of times, in loading screens no less:

Attachment 10801

I should note that another story quest has you capture an architect at the Temple of the Abandoned.

When you bring him back to Solstice Tower, Batua states that the bug really didn't want to go into that tower, that something in there scares him.
    When you talk to him in the tower, he states that the light is shining down on him and making him feel ashamed, ashamed for having no hive and other stuff I don't remember, then he blows himself up.

If you look up, you see the light shining down is through a stained glass of the "goddess". And given how the artists put effort into the actual beams of light to be shown, it's really implying that this "goddess" is really something we should be looking into.

Why are the bad guys scared of her as well as praying to her? When we know nothing about her.
    Last edited by hardy83; 05-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Could this be another representation of the Fate Godess?
    There's a Goddess?-faceintheskyway_strozza.jpg

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    Could this be another representation of the Fate Godess?
    Attachment 10834
    Ooo! Where is that located?
    It could be, I've never seen a statue like that in the game before.

On the PTS the puppet show ends when talking about the future saying: "Only fate knows". I am actually convinced now they will expand on this lore relatively soon as they have dropped this relatively blunt hint. Up to this point I wasn't convinced it was lore they would expand on.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 05-28-2013 at 09:40 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Ooo! Where is that located?
    It could be, I've never seen a statue like that in the game before.
    Strozza estate, below a bridge near the road.

I was pretty sure the text on this crazy guy sign was a hint to some lore. I'm happy to see they still give lore worms something to eat before putting it in game

and for this
    Bahralt (creation with purpose) was opposite of Greenscale (cancerous life).
    Thedeor (Destruction with purpose) was the opposite of Maelforge(destruction without reason).
    Mariel Taun (selflessness) is the opposite of Laethys (greed).
    Thontic (creativity and wisdom) is the opposite of Akylios. (Psycotic)
    Tavril (life) is the opposite of Regulos (destruction).

Interesting pairings, but I will stick to my own, because of the planes each god/dragon relates to. Nice to have some new lore to explore with Dendrome quests, this is a ray of light in the ocean of grind we will get.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Wow I just looked over what the conspiracy theorist said and I totally misread it. lol

Six Dragons, Six Gods
    - Obviously pointing out there's 6 dragons and 6 gods, though we only know 5 gods.

Fate Goddess Unknown
    - The 6th god we don't know is the "Fate" goddess, not what I thought this meant that the fate OF the goddess is unknown.
    This seems to imply that she's on the same level as the rest of the vigil, and not a stronger being.

Face in skyway only representation lest.
    - Clearly what I thought the face in the rail transit or "skyway" is the only representation of left of the goddess, though this character was added before Dendrome where more murals and possibly statues of the goddess were added.

Destroyed transit to keep the divine war secret.
    - what I said earlier.
    However thinking about it, we're told the bravenic people destroyed the transit to stop the dragons from coming in, since Crucia gave them the knowledge to make it.
    Are we to believe that there was ulterior motives for shutting it down? Is that why the Vigil went silent after the ward went up?

Divine war, like I said implies that divine beings are at war with one another. The question remains. Which side is the good side? Is it this unknown goddess or the rest of the vigil?
    Or are there more unknown "divine" beings out there. Some NPCs in the game say there are "worse" things, but what's worse? Is it the gods? Votan collective?

Also on the PTS within the chronicle, and maybe in the hive on the overworld, there's artifact pages for a diary of the awakened woman who turn into the bug queen.
    I obviously can't get all the pieces on the PTS but hopefully that diary book you get from the collection will expand on this issue.

It also raises the good question as to why the gods and dragons have mirror counter parts of each other. Is it just the writing making it an even good vs bad, or are they "linked" in some form.

I don't remember a qajiri goddess... Were (or in which quest?) is she mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    On the PTS the puppet show ends when talking about the future saying: "Only fate knows". I am actually convinced now they will expand on this lore relatively soon as they have dropped this relatively blunt hint. Up to this point I wasn't convinced it was lore they would expand on.
    Good catch.
    That line is only mentioned on the last puppet show.
    Given all the murals, mentions and statues of her, we should expert to learn more about her soon.
    Trion wouldn't be trying to make players aware of this goddess unless they intended to do something with her.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I've never seen a statue like that in the game before.

I'll just add some more fuel to the fire, this is found in a few places in the Dendrome, the plot thickens

It also raises the good question as to why the gods and dragons have mirror counter parts of each other. Is it just the writing making it an even good vs bad, or are they "linked" in some form.
    I think they are linked.
    The most obvious link for me is the planar theme each dragon/god has.
    This is the reason why I don't agree with the pairing done on the post above.

For me they mirror like this, and for each theme (plane) Vigil gods are the "good side" and Dragons the "bad side" of the same theme.

Barhalt/Laethys : Earth. Accumulation of wealth, crafting, industry. Barlhalt want to spread this wealth with merchants and sharing crafting knowledge. Laethys wants to hoard everything for herself.
    Santic/Akylios : Water. Wanderers, exploration, discoveries, knowledge, wisdom, magic. Putting these to the limits leads to madness and dark things.
    Tavril/greenscale : Life. Tavril is healthy and untamed nature, abundance. Greenscale is cancer, hostile proliferation.
    Mariel Taun/ Maelforge: Fire. Mariel is love, arts, beauty, caring for other people. Maelforge is the dark side of passion, destructive and burning, selfish pleasure.
    Thedeor/Crucia : Air. Order, war, discipline and military domination. Thedeor does this with honor-bound knights, fearless warriors and feodal structure. Crucia does this with high tech and mind control. Remember "Die free and standing". This is quite the opposite to Crucia's reign.

So with this I oppose Regulos and this goddess of Fate. Maybe she is the ennemy Regulos was shielding us against if we believe him. Maybe she is related to Crucia. I am convinced she is not a friend of the Vigil, even if she was one of them in the begining, before they decide to unite.

It is strange that an Illuminated woman is praying at her, because Illuminated are Salvarola's minions and so they follow Crucia's orders like him. Is Fate answering their prayers now? Is she taking advantage of Crucia's defeat?

I think we have a major plot unveiling here, and a very interesting new foe to come

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast