+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon

Plane Walker

Default Archon

I have begun playing the soul of an Archon, and begin wondering where did this soul originate from, it seems to use the essences of Earth and Fire, and goggle says Archon is a greek word meaning ruler or lord, would this meaning hold true in Rift, a ruler of fire and earth? or have another meaning....

there is this lore....

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/mage/archon.php

does the Archon convert strength back into the raw energy of the earth and fire planes?

and why did the one feel her to be a Divine Being in the last paragraph of the tale

any thoughts of this soul?...or other lore..?

Plane Walker

ps. I saw another reference to Archons in artifacts that come from vanquished Archons of the Plane of Death and Life, so could the Archon soul be from another plane other than Telara?
    Last edited by Mythue; 05-27-2013 at 07:31 AM.

That is an interesting thought. I am hesitant to think that the archon was a being itself but I am sure the Knowledge of Archon magic is definitely from the planes and somehow the Brevanic peoples discovered this planar magic.

Takhraat (also now one of the tribes of the eth), i like to think might come back as a powerful raid boss after absorbing the power of a titan.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Plane Walker

Default a little more llore of this Archon soul..

from the time when Ascended drew souls from the Plane of Death..

http://www.rifthead.com/quest/153186...-of-the-archon

The original archon was a treasure of the people of the Shimmersand. Though Tahkaat was ancient in age and physically weak, when wielding her magic, she was both terrible and beautiful, godlike in her power. Regulos has bound her spirit and now drains that power for his own purposes. You must gather a pure plane shard from a rift and use it to power the soul net. It will tear a way to the Plane of Death and take the Archon Tahkaat back from him. Destroy his corruption, and bring her to us.

and

a Lesser Planar Essence named Tahkaat's Inspiration..

so perhaps Tahkaat was a leader of the Tahkaat Eth tribe and so named Archon, and Inspiration given to the Paladin Amardis was what was seen as Godlike.

I still wonder though how she came across her abilities and now wonder too which plane of the six does this lesser essence of Inspiration come from
    Last edited by Mythue; 05-31-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Plane Walker

when wielding her magic, she was both terrible and beautiful, godlike in her power.

or godlike in this, since this would have been before Ascension abilities and powers like this may not have been seen before?

I suppose she could be Godlike compared to others when she absorbed the power of a titan.

I imagine when she kills something, big letters flash in the air, and a booming voice says, "Godlike".
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread