+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What are the Ascended now?

Default What are the Ascended now?

I'm noticing a change of tone over the Lv 1-50 questing, and now Storm Legion.

While the Ascended are all adventurers, heroes, demi-gods, and potentially gods themselves, their treatment by the game world and lore seems to follow a progression.

Terminus/Mathosia --> You are 'the one', remember this!

Lv 6-35 --> You're a roaming adventurer, stopping all immediate threats to Sanctum and Meridian (particularly Alsbeth's path of undead armies, the Titans, the Wanton enclave and their dragon, and pursuing Hylas after Silverwood).

Lv 35-50 Intro --> You're a dedicated adventurer now, and your calling is to explore and eradicate threats to Telara. You're a local hero to places by now, and becoming highly respected in your faction.

Lv 50 Endgame --> You take the Ceremony of Attunement and now have a solid place within your faction, and the Mathosian Continent. Potentially a slayer of Blood Storm, of cultist armies, and whatever rifts come your way.

Lv 50-60 --> You're now less of (only) an adventurer, but now the tone changes to you being a HERO above that. Everything you're doing is not just to be a local hero of a population, but of larger kingdoms and being a vanquisher of true armies (of the Legion, Awakened, and of the Shapers). Then the Hero Rises Chronicle (you can decide whether the Chronicle or Tempest Rising raid is 'canon' to your character) shows how yes, you're never going to just be an adventurer ever again, but now a true hero, and this is the calling of your Ascension, regardless of RP (imo).

Lv 60 Endgame --> This is more unknown, because we haven't had any of the T2-T3 raid content of this expansion out yet, but it sounds like the next 1-2 years at least, will be about reinforcing your character's role as a hero that protects not just a local region, or continent, but the entire world of Telara from threats.

Now my question is, what's next? We've heard the Ascended are more godly in nature, or at least have the potential to be. We also know that we're technically pure sourcestone constructs, with a host soul that provides our mind and body-form, and the capacity to attune to deceased souls for our skills, and the Planes themselves for enhancement.

So what IS next? Are we going to stay heroes and adventurers, or will the next expansion transition into the focus of us being more demi-gods, or even gods? Why DID Crucia prefer to have us as our tools rather than kill us? Why WAS it such a risk for the Vigil to create Ascended? What's that Conquest stuff about? Please post here!

Personally, I think we're going to be mostly done with 'terrestrial' concepts after this expansion (except when directed by certain content), and the next expansion will be about the Planes and exploring just how powerful an Ascended can truly be. Alsbeth likely approached this potential, but was cut short, and only working with the River of Souls, only the fringes of the Plane of Death, not the core.

During this time, we may get stronger hints of other stuff, and I think we have the stuff in place to have at least 2 more expansions after that (as long as Trion continues).
    1)Quantum/time/dimensions stuff
    2)Planets, worlds, realms, dark sides of places

In any case, Mathosia is only the training grounds, and the rest of Telara is only the proving grounds, for something greater. After Storm Legion, the Ascended are potentially free to explore wherever they want, and that comes with the good (us) and the bad (possibly more corruption and nightmarish creatures).

Yes, the lore tells us many times that we Ascended can become equal to the Vigil in power. There is many hints in the game telling of some great destiny beyond the current telaran war.

The Infinity Gate was build to reach the dimension where the Gods themselves sit. I think this place is a nexus of sorts, maybe the Nexus itself, a place where all realities and dimensions cross and converge, a place where the true cosmic power lies.
    The ancient Eth tried to do the same thing with Convocation.
    Ascension is the first step. Attunement was the second step. Now I'm pretty sure we will take another step, and this could lead to a war against the Vigil, because any powerful being doesn't like seeing rivals emerge.
    I'm eager to see the Infinity gate open and step beyond
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 04-26-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Can't edit so...
    Meeting the Vigil could be a very interesting thing. If we gain enough power to challenge them, we will have to choose a way to deal with the threats beyond the Infinity Gate. We could side with the Vigil (if they accept us as equals), serve them as their army, or try to replace them and fight our way.
    I see in this a way to go beyond the two sided faction thing. Three new factions, and each character is given the choice. Think of Conquest and it makes sense.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

The Ascended will transform into planar beings of only one element
    Last edited by Mythue; 04-26-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythue View Post
    The Ascended will transform into planar beings of only one element
    How so?
    /10char

Plane Walker

yet to be known Maeloda! :)

Obviously players will take over from the Bloodstorm as we gain power. The greatest monsters in the world shall then be the Ascended and we shall take the battle to them in the deep reaches of the Codex and Whitefall Steppes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the evolution of raiding is PvP
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Obviously players will take over from the Bloodstorm as we gain power. The greatest monsters in the world shall then be the Ascended and we shall take the battle to them in the deep reaches of the Codex and Whitefall Steppes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the evolution of raiding is PvP
    haha. The thunderdome is here in post-apocalyptic Telara

So If i remember correctly, Conquest is an alternate Telara that the ascended split into three factions. I am not sure that we will be following after the lore in that reality unless they come up with a 2nd conquest map.

Also, Telara is the nexus you speak of, it sits at the focal point of all the planes.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 05-01-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

If I understand the lore right, there are 21 ascended left (lore wise). 20 were in Frozen Tempest and 1 was in Tempest Bay protected by that fail merchant's shield thing when "Crucia's Wrath" arrived in the chronicle. So yes there will be a focus on their being elite in the future I think.
    Last edited by Fragasm; 05-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

its a pretty big world there Frag. I don't believe every single ascended was in Tempest Bay or Frozen Tempest only. We just know that all the ascended but 1 were destroyed that was in Tempest Bay at that time. What about Sanctum? Meridian? That would also mean Cyril, Asha, etc.. are dead too, since they stand there in the Queen's throne room.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 05-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

I'm following lore progression. None should have been in Mathosia since they all went to Brevane and Dusken to kill Crucia. When we are in the chronicle / Frozen Tempest, the questline was complete. We defeated Salvarola, saved the Eternal City, explored Ashora, killed the Shapers, freed that one Architect in the Steppes of Infinity, and were all in, or should have been in, Frozen Tempest or Tempest Bay. None were in the dungeons, none were in Endless Eclipse.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

But Asha is still alive as she shows up in Endless Eclipse which is post Cruica. Why would Cyril not still be in Sanctum since that is his seat of power? I'm not arguing that progression wise a majority of ascended would have been in the Storm legion zones, I don't think every single one besides the 20 in Frozen Tempest were there in Tempest Bay.

look at it this way...all the PC users represent the 21 ascended yet there are more than that on my server...how to explain this? Well not every ascended was in Tempest Bay when Crucia attacked.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

My Prediction:

We know queen Maiela's mind is being held hostage by crucia basically, and she wandered off to who knows where....

...but my guess is off to the dendrome. For a long while the storm legion have enslaved the minds of the architects (example quests in steppes), and they are trying to use them to rebuild the inifinity gate.

...I believe crucia wanted us to assault her, to kill a massive amount of ascended in tempest bay. Which left the remaining to also assault and kill regulos...which I very much bet she planned to have happen all along. With regulos out of the way, there are no more bloodstorm to challenge her. I truly believe everything happening so far is according to plan. This expansion is storm legion, not just...2.1 and 2.2.

Remember they mentioned that the main reason she wants to fully expand the infinity gate, is so her army waiting in the plane of air can come in, demolish and control telara, being that its the nexus of the planes. Thus she can use the infinity gate and her army to destroy the plane.

...however, the crazy dude in tempest bay speaks of a secret war between the plane of air and the abyssal...why? What could crazy akylios have done besides listen to peeps dreams and eat them afterword that could have urked crucia's tator so much to have a secret war that know one knew about?

Also dont forget, that the infinity gate was only one of the God Engines the brevanians were working on, lets not forget that floating Sun Orb mechanism in palledane, and potentially more to be found.

Also the motes of the dragons...all that planar power running around free for the grabbing by peeps that can harness it...its as if someone wanted us to kill the dragons.

So in order:

1) We explore the dendrome and find what the architects are up to and crucia's role in rebuilding the infinity gate.
    2) We confront the master architects ala open world and raid style
    3) Its too late, they finished the parts they needed for the infinity gate, and crucia steals the key to the infinity gate midway through.
    4) Having manipulated the ascended perfectly into killing all the dragons, she uses the key, the reconstruction of the infinity gate by the architects, and the massive planar power released from all the dead dragons, to open the infinity gate to the planes...her first target??? ... the plane of water.
    5) She's in a secret war with the abyssal...the question is why? What is so threatening to her massive powers in the plane of water...whatever it is...we have to stop her from getting or destroying it...

My guess is that she likes crab legs. I mean...who doesn't like crab legs! I will tear it up at a buffet on crab legs, which the plane of water should have, and you know she has gotta be hungry after all this war and stuff.

And thats all I got using the the white board and what ingame lore I know of.

Who knows?

Happy rifting!!!

~Xeno
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Well in the Defiant storyline when you started you were the 'last' ascended. I take a five min break and someone runs from behind. The lore can't be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    5) She's in a secret war with the abyssal...the question is why? What is so threatening to her massive powers in the plane of water...whatever it is...we have to stop her from getting or destroying it...

My guess is that she likes crab legs. I mean...who doesn't like crab legs! I will tear it up at a buffet on crab legs, which the plane of water should have, and you know she has gotta be hungry after all this war and stuff.
    maybe she's still pissed about Atagonix, Lord of the Deep...AKA the ULTIMATE CRAB LEGS! putting the 1-2 knockout on her in The Overseer's brain.

I mean, can you imagine them crab legs in some nice buttery sauce. yummmmy.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast