+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pixel Monkey
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 2 Post By Luteuel

Thread: Queen Miela and her demise

Default Queen Miela and her demise

Anyone else wondering why there is really no mourning for the Queen? I mean the death of a ruler would impact their nation with at least a funeral procession but all we get is a placeholder NPC and sometimes a Crazy Old Man on the Stairs in Tempest Bay calling her the Pawn of the Dragons.

dunno, i would think maybe like a chronicle could be made that is her funeral (since the lore dev somewhat said imagine her as dead when Crucia took over her body) that could be attacked and we defend it or something.

guess i am just wanting a little more impact on the lore side.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    Anyone else wondering why there is really no mourning for the Queen? I mean the death of a ruler would impact their nation with at least a funeral procession but all we get is a placeholder NPC and sometimes a Crazy Old Man on the Stairs in Tempest Bay calling her the Pawn of the Dragons.

dunno, i would think maybe like a chronicle could be made that is her funeral (since the lore dev somewhat said imagine her as dead when Crucia took over her body) that could be attacked and we defend it or something.

guess i am just wanting a little more impact on the lore side.
    I think its because she isn't dead that we aren't morning. The dragon took over her body. Maybe there is still hope to rescue her...maybe thats what the next expert or tier of raiding is about.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I think its because she isn't dead that we aren't morning. The dragon took over her body. Maybe there is still hope to rescue her...maybe thats what the next expert or tier of raiding is about.
    In the lore Q&A livestream, they said that she's not coming back. (Or at the very least, if she does come back, she's not going to be anywhere close to the same person.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-26-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Yeah she is possessed right now. She isn't dead yet I'm sure when we do kill Crucia we are going to see some RP akin to Miela weakening Crucia and asking that you slay her. Probably something like the regulos encounter when
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by IonCannon; 03-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Queen Miela and her demise-2013-03-16_163604.jpg
    maybe she will make it lovely
    who took my names!

I was thinking and I believe we (the lone ascended in the chronicle a hero's rise), besides the General, know that Miela was possed and maybe we don't share our little secret until Crucia makes a return in Miela's body. Then we slay her (and Crucia) and probably have our little funeral then.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    I was thinking and I believe we (the lone ascended in the chronicle a hero's rise), besides the General, know that Miela was possed and maybe we don't share our little secret until Crucia makes a return in Miela's body. Then we slay her (and Crucia) and probably have our little funeral then.
    Yeah I think so too.

I hope Trion has the resources to do some proper scenes of this as this expansion closes up eventually. This is their Queen, who apparently kept them safe after Brevane itself fell, after all.

She may have her skimpy clothing, but lore-wise, its her organization and inspiration that regrouped Pelladane after falling to the Legion and with continued Shapers at their doorstep, and rescued Brevanes as their land fell to Life beasts and also the Legion. She'd need at least a Funeral scene of some sort, imo.

I think only a select few people know that Queen Miela has been possessed by Crucia.
    Besides the Ascended at Frozen Tempest, and the surviving Ascended in Tempest Bay; we have General Batua and if you speak to Regent Tajlora Aurentis in Tempest Bay she states she knows about it, and asked scholars of the Academy whether Miela is still alive (assumed dead based on what the scholars know).

"Miela's publicist" Inina Fran next to Tajlora also says "Miela an agent of Crucia?! How am I supposed to spin this?!". So it's likely only a select few people know of the truth, and the rest are told half-truths by her publicist.

---

It would be interesting to see what the Patch 2.3 Chronicle will be. Daglar has stated there will be a Chronicle in 2.3.

The question then is: What will the Chronicle be about?

It's hard to grasp what the chronicle will be about simply because the Chronicles haven't been uniform in the past.
    "Sanctum: Ceremony of Attunement" was about PA, celebrating past achievements, and then having Kain pop up to tell you he is the avatar of Regulos.
    "GSB: The Fallen Prince" was pretty much a Chronicle version of what happens in the Raid, with added roleplay by Hylas, Shyla and Atrophinious.
    "HK: Runes of Corruption" was a pre-Raid chronicle before King Molinar and Prince Dollin are possessed by Estrode.
    "RoS: Chains of Death" was a pre-Raid chronicle where you help Plutonus seek out juicy souls and you help Alsbeth subdue Gaurath.
    "A Hero Rises" introduced a side-by-side-but-in-a-different-place where the Chronicle and the Raid themselves had roleplay that was heavily linked with each other. I.e. in the Chronicle you heard roleplay based on the progression of the Raid, whereas in the Raid you heard about what was going on in the Chronicle and some roleplay was exactly the same on both sides.

So what would the next Chronicle be?

Possibilities I can think of are:
    • Endless Eclipse: They decide to do something related to Endless Eclipse. In Morban they already show Crucia stealing the Key as part of the main quest-line; so it probably won't be about that.
      There's a few possibilities here - Something like GSB where you're in the same timeline doing the same things but just an easier version of them; Something like RoS where it is pre-prep and perhaps you disguise yourself throughout; It could also be post-Raid-timeline - perhaps the consequences of killing Regulos starts to surface.
    • Miela + Ascendeds' Funeral: Unlike the "Ceremony of Attunement", this will be a somber gathering to pay respects to Queen Miela and all the Ascended (remember every Ascended who were in Tempest Bay during A Hero Rises except you are killed off). Miela's publicist and Tajlora (Miela's sister) might tell the population that Miela died heroically in battle against Crucia (rather than her being possessed).

Then bam, like Kain in "Ceremony of Attunement", Cruciela comes to disrupt the proceedings - panic ensues/etc/etc and you're tasked with stopping Crucia's minions. (although that would be too much like "A Hero Rises". Perhaps Trion will make reference to the Dendrome in order to give us a reason for going there.
    • Since 2.3 is about the Dendrome, the Chronicle could be something related to the Dendrome. It could appear after or alongside the world event that leads to the opening of the Dendrome and you end up having a mini-version of the world event in the chronicle. Or, like "A Hero Rises", the World Event might parallel and roleplay alongside what is happening in the Chronicle. I.e., a large force of Ascended/good guys collect stuff/etc in the World Event to take down the wall, but a single Ascended goes out to do something heroic to ensure the destruction of the wall.

Maybe there's a switch to trigger explosives or Lightning rods that the Ascended have gathered, but Crucia's forces have descended upon the facility where the switch is located and you're tasked in the Chronicle to defeat all the enemies and flick the switch.

---

To clarify; I believe Trion DOES need to give us a reason to go to the Dendrome.
    After-all, Crucia has the Key, successfully escaped Tempest Bay/Frozen Tempest, and the Architects and progressing well on the Infinity Gate. All she has to do is defend the Infinity Gate until it is complete and she's 'won'.

So if we're going after her to get the Key, or we're going to the Infinity Gate to destroy it....why would we get side-tracked by the Dendrome?
    The reason would have to be something along the lines of Crucia being weakened and needing to recover from being in Miela's body and having that fight with the Ascended so she hides herself and the key behind the walls of the Dendrome; or perhaps Nixtoc convinces us that to destroy or halt the progress of the Infinity Gate is the only option - and do to so we need to free his people trapped in the Dendrome.

If there's no mind-controlled Architects, the Infinity Gate will never be completed. Something along those lines I guess.

====

tl;dr - I think only a handful of people know the truth about Miela's death. The rest only hear stuff from what her publicist says, which will be half-truths.
    The 2.3 Chronicle could possibly be a funeral setting for Miela and the dead Ascended killed in Tempest Bay. Crucia will then disrupt this, and we'll have some sort of link to Dendrome to help provide us with a reason to actually go to the Dendrome instead of going straight for the Infinity Gate and killing all the Artifacts to stop its construction.
    Last edited by Jonus; 04-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Pfft, I'm still waiting for an Akylios, Maelforge, and Laethys related Chronicle -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Yeah I think so too.

I hope Trion has the resources to do some proper scenes of this as this expansion closes up eventually. This is their Queen, who apparently kept them safe after Brevane itself fell, after all.

She may have her skimpy clothing, but lore-wise, its her organization and inspiration that regrouped Pelladane after falling to the Legion and with continued Shapers at their doorstep, and rescued Brevanes as their land fell to Life beasts and also the Legion. She'd need at least a Funeral scene of some sort, imo.
    I really would like more background lore on Miela, actually. I hope once the game is around longer we see more people from lore popping up here and there so we can learn more about them. As much as I dislike how Blizz has handled WoW of late, they do reallllly well with lore and know how to tell a good story. I'd like to see more details about the NPCs in our world here.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Pfft, I'm still waiting for an Akylios, Maelforge, and Laethys related Chronicle -_-
    Yeah, me too. I like to think of the Chronicles as a mini-raid-for-one, so I'm waiting for the ID Chronicle... *then* EE, etc.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Yeah, me too. I like to think of the Chronicles as a mini-raid-for-one, so I'm waiting for the ID Chronicle... *then* EE, etc.
    Yeah, make ID Chronicle not particularly special, but involve some good Storm Legion mining spots (one-shot) and more, and I'd be very happy .

I'm at peace with there not being an Akylios Chronicle, but Infernal Dawn REALLY needed one imo.

EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is that a Chronicle doesn't need to be a standout piece of gameplay (like Hero Rises is), but sometimes just put us in a wing of the raid, with some nice but mostly regular rewards, and with some elaboration and explanation of the story there. GSB did it ok, Hammerknell did it great, and River of Souls was awesome! So I hope the continue that trend, regardless of ID being pre-Storm Legion.

Oh and increase the mount drops from those two existing Chronicles. I've done both dozens of times, no drops
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-26-2013 at 01:07 PM.

my 2 cents is the chronicle will be related EE post or pre/ or related to next 20 man raid...

weird that there is no ID related chronicle though. I am still in the belief that chronicles are under utilized by Trion. They have some many side lore stories that could be further enriched by chronicles. A nice way of extending gameplay laterally instead of increased tier raiding/content/expansions.

but back to topic;
    It definitely will be interesting how they spin Miela and Cruica in the future.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

+ Reply to Thread