+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about the story lore

Default Question about the story lore

Alright I'm a little unclear as to why Crucia wants to destroy Tempest Bay...or for that matter why she is so desperate to have it in her possession. Could anyone explain this to me?
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Ascendant

I assume you are refering to the storyline in the chronicle.

From what I understand, she was trying to distroy it because that is where all the ascended where. At least, that's what she thought. She did not know that there were some on a quest to the frozen temple, otherwise she would have known some survived.

As for why she wants to hold it; once she realized she'd failed and was "killed" she takes the form of Mielia. But no one but the most powerful (and the player) know this... so I suppose she could waltz right into TB and take the place of Miela. Except that you prevent that from happening.

The way I understand it TB was a test for her new weapon. She wanted to see if/how it worked before she unleashed it on the entire world. The scary part is she probably planned for us destroying the machine, and also killing her.

My Understanding: It isn't Tempest Bay she cares about, it is the ascended. Shes obviously saw how the ascended brought down the other dragons before her, so she mind controlled Artifect Zavriel to develop her own God Engine in the Frozen Tempest. The God engine there harnesses tremendous amounts of planar energy [from Telara's core (speculation based on dialogue)] which is focused into a single bomb that permanently kill an ascended. Since the events of the chronicle directly correspond in time with the events of Frozen Tempest it is probably a safe bet only 1 bomb was ever developed. The reason Tempest Bay was chosen is because that is where the vast majority of ascended are located.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

+ Reply to Thread