+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Special Loremaster's Live Stream - Thursday, 3/7 @ 10:00AM Pacific (6PM GMT)

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Special Loremaster's Live Stream - Thursday, 3/7 @ 10:00AM Pacific (6PM GMT)

Hail Ascended!

We have a special treat this week as part of our celebration of RIFT's second anniversary.

Over the past few months many of you have submitted questions asking about deeper intricacies within the lore or seeking clarification.

We'll be tackling these and more with myself & the resident loremaster Captaincursor LIVE this Thursday, 3/7 @ 10:00AM Pacific (6:00PM GMT)

Tune in at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

What's your most burning lore-related question if you had to pick just one? Post it here!

Obligatory took ya'll long enough but looking forward to having some of those awesome questions answered .

Then allow me to be the first to say, "Shi-ming: what's the deal?"

Yes I would love to know about Shi-ming (From the in game book "The Port of Scion").

But my question is about the buildings of Telara. Did Brevane influence Mathosia, as I see similarities to the roads in the Storm Legion expansion and the spice road in Scarwood. Also some obelisks in Ashora look similar to ones in Stonefield and underwater in the Lake of Solice. (and Im sure other places Im forgetting)
    System: Asus G73Sw Laptop, Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 8192MB RAM. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 4063 MB Memory. Direct X 11. OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Administrator for Riftrp.Net, the official affiliated Roleplay forum

It seems that every time we approach a major event in game we keep seeing that same 2 faction leaders (Asha and Cyril) running about butting heads. Yet the best character in rift seems to be completely neglected. Orphiel! He is rumored to be a 100% badass although we never get to see him in action. At this point hes just the crazy man who lives in the tower of meridian making maps. So I drew you my question.

can't actually post the pic so here is the link.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 03-06-2013 at 01:18 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

My question would be this:

What defines magic in the universe of Telara?
    - Is it pure planar energy, or is it mixed with something else that is native to Telara - How would a mage channel it, I've heard mention of ley-lines but not a whole lot, is it there or in the air around them? If there's planar magic involved, is the magic taken directly from the other planes?

It's a question (Okay, a question with some subquestions) that has been nagging me for a while, and magic is something I use in roleplay on a daily basis so it would be nice if I could understand it properly.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hail Ascended!

We have a special treat this week as part of our celebration of RIFT's second anniversary.

Over the past few months many of you have submitted questions asking about deeper intricacies within the lore or seeking clarification.

We'll be tackling these and more with myself & the resident loremaster Captaincursor LIVE this Thursday, 3/7 @ 10:00AM Pacific (6:00PM GMT)

Tune in at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

What's your most burning lore-related question if you had to pick just one? Post it here!
    Fantastic news! Many thanks to Captaincursor and Elrar for satiating we, the lore fiends.
    RP Officer of the notorious Blackwood Company@Faeblight and co-admin of Faeblight United.
    Interested in RP? Want to network with other RPers and talk lore? Have an event to promote? Come to us.

Bahmi! Where are the Rhaza'de Canyons? What happened there so the Bahmi had to leave? And when did they leave according to the timeline.

Soulwalker Chakravartan_Marilith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milee View Post
    Bahmi! Where are the Rhaza'de Canyons? What happened there so the Bahmi had to leave? And when did they leave according to the timeline.
    Additionally, where do the majority of the Bahmi live currently? If their culture became nomadic after the devastation wreaked by the Convocation, why do we not see more evidence of their camps and trade routes in the Droughtlands and Shimmersand?

This would be wonderful to know.

Also, my own questions:

1) Did Tempests (and the other new souls) become incorporated into Ascended prior to Storm Legion, and simply lie dormant, or were they perhaps kept out by the Ward? How are they now being combined with existing Ascended?

2) Do Ascended bodies (particularly the Defiants, who I recall as being formed from Sourcestone), scar? Given that Sourcestone seems to be psycho-active and soul resonant, do scars from an Ascended's life prior to Ascension manifest themselves as remembered portions of the psyche?

3) If the Vigil's edict banning the use of Sourcestone-based magitech is still in place (as seems to be indicated by the continuing friction between the Defiant and Guardian leaderships), what is their view on the considerably less volatile (but less powerful, I believe I read) Empyrean magitech?
    Last edited by Chakravartan_Marilith; 03-06-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Question: Will Nyancat ever make a lore appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    It seems that every time we approach a major event in game we keep seeing that same 2 faction leaders (Asha and Cyril) running about butting heads. Yet the best character in rift seems to be completely neglected. Orphiel! He is rumored to be a 100% badass although we never get to see him in action. At this point hes just the crazy man who lives in the tower of meridian making maps. So I drew you my question.

can't actually post the pic so here is the link.
    This! This! This!
    Tell us finally something more about Orphiel - even if it's just a hint.

Plane Walker

Default :)

Do artifacts contain the history/lore of Telara as well, like this one:

http://www.rifthead.com/artifact-col...-elven-culture

and might they contain riddles or little puzzles to be solved like this one:

http://www.rifthead.com/artifact-col...f-layce-adaton

I'd like confirmation on the 13 Eth tribe names and/or a few of the Bahmi clan titles, please.
    RP Officer of the notorious Blackwood Company@Faeblight and co-admin of Faeblight United.
    Interested in RP? Want to network with other RPers and talk lore? Have an event to promote? Come to us.

Is there secret lore behind the Vigil and why they cannot intervene against the dragons if they are Gods?
    If they had the power to make the miracle of the Ascended happen what's the reason they cannot do anything else?
    Last edited by YobiRaion; 03-07-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

That was a lot of fun.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast