+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chekaroth's Journal - Crucia's plan

Rift Disciple

Default Chekaroth's Journal - Crucia's plan

so i was in the crystal depths in IPP earlier doing my guild quest when i used the keystone portal. first port took me to a small enclosed space somewhere in chancel of labors. empty space, nothing there but a few skeletons. the 2nd portal took me to what seemed to be the same place again, only this time there was something there.

there was an interactive object called secret tome. so i clicked on it and the option on the page was Chekaroth's journal.

Thank you so much for the images!

I am intrigued about the las part of the book that says "I sense the end game. There WILL be a conflict between dragons...".

That's the future, because the first conflict between them was when the bloodstorm failed to conquer Telara 1500 years ago, and by then Chekaroth don't think he did exist (wasn't he a human that pledge service to Crucia?), so no journal was made. And in our "present" timeline, the dragons have been killed, one by one (or by two). So no conflicts at all.

Rift Disciple

its very intruigeing. since the events of the chronicle i am excited to see what happens with crucia.

when he talks about seeing all of history with her guidance as part of it, describing the major events of recent history and the small "her plan" at the end. what exactly does he mean by that?

after reading it, im starting to think she might be right all along about being the only one who can stop regulos. guess well have to wait till someone kills regulos to see.

Soo we learn in Endless Eclipse that the Vigil (though a messenger) and asha catari help destroy Regulos once and for all in all realities. (never killed regulos but from what I hear he does plead with the ascended that he holds back bigger threats to Telara (future content anyone??)).

Though I wonder how much this Chekaroth and the bum on the stairs in Tempest Bay (the one with the changing weekly doomsday sign) have in common with knowledge of events in the future.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    Soo we learn in Endless Eclipse that the Vigil (though a messenger) and asha catari help destroy Regulos once and for all in all realities. (never killed regulos but from what I hear he does plead with the ascended that he holds back bigger threats to Telara (future content anyone??)).

Though I wonder how much this Chekaroth and the bum on the stairs in Tempest Bay (the one with the changing weekly doomsday sign) have in common with knowledge of events in the future.
    Damn, I wish I had time to raid. Id love to see this stuff in action.

Same here Lut! Wow, Regs mentioned that he knows of a bigger threat to Telara??? Oo I wonder what it is! Perhaps something more sinister from the Plane of Death, or something.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Plane Walker

We have had a few hints before. During the Life Saga, Gaurdian characters recover a book called the Amber Throne. It talks about a sacred place in the plane of life of great power. The NPC you turn the book into talks about learning more about the planes just incase there are greater threats than Greenscale out there.

We know that the dragons corrupted the planes but we know little about what was there before them and why the dragons came into existance.

Ascendant

One day I hope someone with a steady camera and a good group can take the time to go through old raids with their Fraps running and gather the story for us non-raiders.

The Chronicles are good, I'd I'm dying to see what happends in the raids.

I agree Ann, that would be totally awesome if a nice raider could record the story of the raids for us, or write down everything that goes on inside, for the non-raiders.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by jecht View Post
    Thank you so much for the images!

I am intrigued about the las part of the book that says "I sense the end game. There WILL be a conflict between dragons...".

That's the future, because the first conflict between them was when the bloodstorm failed to conquer Telara 1500 years ago, and by then Chekaroth don't think he did exist (wasn't he a human that pledge service to Crucia?), so no journal was made. And in our "present" timeline, the dragons have been killed, one by one (or by two). So no conflicts at all.
    Well if we look at what has been going on there as been a conflict between dragons. We have been the tools of a long term plan to have Crucia reign supreme. Now we just know it. Look at the dragons as national leaders. Adolf and Churchill didn't duke it out, that is what they have armies for.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    I agree Ann, that would be totally awesome if a nice raider could record the story of the raids for us, or write down everything that goes on inside, for the non-raiders.
    As a lvl60 with expert gear you can very easily grab a couple players on the same page and run the old raids, at least the old tier one raids (RoS, GSB) should be easily completable by 5 people. Even more so the slivers. Although the slivers deliver an alternate story in an alternate universe, so they're not really interesting to you lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    As a lvl60 with expert gear you can very easily grab a couple players on the same page and run the old raids, at least the old tier one raids (RoS, GSB) should be easily completable by 5 people. Even more so the slivers. Although the slivers deliver an alternate story in an alternate universe, so they're not really interesting to you lore-wise.
    actually slivers are still important lore wise because if we can go there, it certainly means that they can spill into our world. hence the kill quests to stop certain events from happening.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Same here Lut! Wow, Regs mentioned that he knows of a bigger threat to Telara??? Oo I wonder what it is! Perhaps something more sinister from the Plane of Death, or something.
    Well... we've already seen from the slivers that Ascended can cross over into alternate realities.

Presumably, that goes both ways. What if we were invaded by insane Ascended by another dimension?

Plane Walker

Strickly speaking this has already happened. The Defiant Ascended are technically from an alternate timeline. They didnt use a sliver to get here but the event that created them has not and never will happen in the current timeline.

Considering their impact on the world, its quite clear that slivers can be potentially major threats to Telara.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
    Strickly speaking this has already happened. The Defiant Ascended are technically from an alternate timeline. They didnt use a sliver to get here but the event that created them has not and never will happen in the current timeline.

Considering their impact on the world, its quite clear that slivers can be potentially major threats to Telara.
    Yeah, but time travel isn't quite the same thing as a sliver.

+ Reply to Thread