+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sazzarull

Thread: Ashora story quest - could someone tell me what's it about?

Soulwalker

Default Ashora story quest - could someone tell me what's it about?

Well, here's the thing: I love the storyline and had lots of fun exploring the new world at a leisurely pace... Till my beloved boyfriend decided to help me level up to 60 and did my last quests for me. The GMs don't seem to believe me and don't want to reset the quests and I cannot blame them ;) (I have no idea if it's possible at all) and don't really care about the poorly (though lovingly) chosen loot and what-not, but... I need to know the story!

Could someone tell me how the story evolves in Ashora? Pretty please?

I only saw the second vision and somehow I believe the other quests could hold some seriously interesting lore inside.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It's the dog house for him then

The Ashora story chain ends very abruptly, goes straight onto dailies but i think it will continue in the new zone apparently coming in 2.2, The Dendrome just to the north of Ashora.

I hope he didn't also dump the 2 quest items given to you to upgrade the green necklace you got from completing the Tower of Dawn chain in Kingsward (or at least i think you get the green necklace there as a reward)

This green neckie will upgrade to a blue neckie thanks to a blue 'stone' you get from one of the story rewards, then later on when you get to kill some evil, dark wizard, he will drop a purple item which will upgrade that blue neckie to a tasty epic, purple one, if he's thrown away those quest items then...dump him !!

As for the story and Lore, sorry to say i wasn't following it too much

Currently, so far, we figure out in Ashora that Salvarola was exiled out of the Eternal city, and thus the Great barrier, into the Ashoran deserts hopefully to die and never return. This made Salvarola very bitter and angry, seeking revenge.

The tribe who finds you (Their name is too complex for me to spell), after an architect attack wants to to identify a mysterious man, which you later realise is Salvarola. The tribe reveals if it hadn't of been for them, Salvarola would have died, and from your report on the Great barrier, they deduce that they are partially responsible for what Salvarola has done, and wish you help you in repairing the damage.

Before the tribe can aid you, your character must first understand the history of Brevane. You are sent out in the deserts, where a tribe member walks with you and teaches you about the history of Ashora and Brevane.

Once upon a time, Crucia reigned all of Brevane. Eventually, however, there was an uprising in her empire and a great civil war erupted. Those who were loyal to Crucia held Ashora, and possibly the Dendrome. Those who rebelled, founded the eternal city. The Eternal city eventually crushed the might of Crucia, and it is at this point the Great barrier was erected to protect themselves from Crucias influence and her army.

Now with an understanding of Brevane history, both the tribe and your character come to the conclusion that Salvarola found great power in Ashora and was inadvertently aided by the tribe. To help mend and repair the damage they have caused, the tribe send you to a mystic who can contact a spirit who will guide you to the power Salvarola obtained.

The spirit you contact points you to where Salvarola found his power, an ancient tomb that the King of Ashora was buried in. During this period, you meet up with a tribe member who concocts you a potion that reveals what Salvarola was doing, and where he was going. the character learns the entrance to the tomb by following Salvarola's image of the past.

After a series of flashbacks the potion reveals to you, such as Salvarola talking about his desire for revenge, his image leads you into the tomb the king is buried in.

The final image of Salvarola is him discovering that the King of ancient Ashora was tainted with Crucia's power and was possessed. It is here that Crucia contacted Salvarola and asked him to fulfill hers and Salvarola's revenge on the Eternal city by infusing the same power Crucia once gave to the King, into Salvarola. It is through Crucia's power, channeled into Salvarola, that the Great barrier and with it the Eternal city, fell.

Your character then touches the orb, and Crucia attempts to possess you. Failing, because of your ascended nature, Crucia sends the King's corpse, still possessed, to kill you. You slay the King's corpse and return to the Tribe, who ask you to return at a later date in order to better handle the now new situation regarding Crucia's attempt at ruling Brevane.

We are now faced with this situation: Although the Dawnguard are rejoicing over their reclaim over the Eternal city, Crucia's plan has still technically come into motion. We have thwarted Salvarola, but his part in Crucia's plan expired when he destroyed the Great Barrier and with it, the Eternal city. It is here that a problem arises, as technically, Crucia's plan has still come into motion, and we have no idea what plans await for the Eternal city. The tribe has us on stand-by, vigilant for the day Crucia carries out her plans on Brevane once more.

And that is where the story, as of this date, is currently grinded to a halt. We currently have no more story missions, and the rest of Ashora remains a mystery, as does the barrier surrounding the Dendrome, and the Dendrome itself.

I am unsure if you have completed the Dusken storyline yet, however because this is a spoiler thread I will say that I personally feel all storylines regarding Crucia in the continents of both Brevane and Dusken will conclude in the Dendrome. This is just a personal opinion, however.
    Arch General Sazzarull the Conqueror
    < Eclipsis >

Soulwalker

Sazzarull, I love you. Thank you thank you thank you, you're the best person in the world, ever. I never expected anyone would care to write something so great, thank you a million!

I had the same feelings towards Dendrome... I didn't finish the Dusken quests yet so I have no idea where does this quest line go... ^^ Dendrome looks mysterious enough to be the end of the story though.

Slipmat - if I lived with him, he would sleep with the dog for the last two weeks already. ;) He didn't dump the necklace, he just chose the warrior one (I'm playing cleric), because the green thingy was worse than what I had and he didn't want to make me trouble myself with wondering what the hell was it. I had a hunch and didn't sell it at sight... And it sits now in the bank and I wonder, if I manage to get it exchanged. Meh. ^^

You're welcome.
    Arch General Sazzarull the Conqueror
    < Eclipsis >

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This green neckie will upgrade to a blue neckie thanks to a blue 'stone' you get from one of the story rewards, then later on when you get to kill some evil, dark wizard, he will drop a purple item which will upgrade that blue neckie to a tasty epic, purple one, if he's thrown away those quest items then...dump him !!
    ...damnit..

Rift Master

Also of note in that story is that the Ashorans were utterly destroyed by the invading Architects from the Plane of Earth, because Crucia had been imprisoned in Iron Pine Peak at that time and couldn't aid them.

+ Reply to Thread