+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Regulos: Only the Beginning?

Default Regulos: Only the Beginning?

So, with 2.1, we're getting the Endless Eclipse raid zone, where the toughest of Telarans will do battle with Regulos, hopefully ending in his ultimate demise.

Now, Endless Eclipse is only a Tier 1 raid. Knowing Trion, we can expect to see harder raids in the future... but what could be tougher than Regulos?

I think there's enough evidence in the game's current lore to know that the dragons are not necessarily the lords of their respective elemental planes. But aside from this, do we have any evidence that there are forces out there which are bigger and badder than Regulos?

I don't think you can base the Lore strength of an enemy off their in-game strength. Otherwise Lvl 60 Expert bosses are more powerful than Greenscale

As for what comes after Regulos. I have no flipping idea other than there will be a second Crucia encounter at some point.
    I doubt this will be the end for Regulos anyway, he'll be back.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 12-06-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I don't think you can base the Lore strength of an enemy off their in-game strength. Otherwise Lvl 60 Expert bosses are more powerful than Greenscale

As for what comes after Regulos. I have no flipping idea other than there will be a second Crucia encounter at some point.
    I doubt this will be the end for Regulos anyway, he'll be back.
    True, but I think we can safely say that Akylios was much more powerful than Greenscale and Crucia is more powerful than both of them.

The second Crucia encounter is just "hard mode," right? I thought that's technically not a separate encounter but an activate-able mode from the original instance, sort of like the Scryer or Ember Conclave in ID.

I also don't think Regulos will be coming back after this. We've already killed him once (Guardian starting zone), so I think this will be the final fight.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 12-06-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Ascendant

Orphiel might turn up as a raid boss in some future maybe

oh and Atrophinius, it will be dissapointing if we don't kill him in at least one raid or dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    The second Crucia encounter is just "hard mode," right? I thought that's technically not a separate encounter but an activate-able mode from the original instance, sort of like the Scryer or Ember Conclave in ID.

I also don't think Regulos will be coming back after this. We've already killed him once (Guardian starting zone), so I think this will be the final fight.
    Not sure, I don't think that was not what Elrar meant when he said Frozen Tempest contained the 'first Crucia encounter'

Bit hard to tell if Regulos comes back since no-one has actually finished the encounter, it's possible you don't kill him because he runs away at 5% HP.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 12-06-2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Orphiel might turn up as a raid boss in some future maybe

oh and Atrophinius, it will be dissapointing if we don't kill him in at least one raid or dungeon
    Oh man, I forgot about that *******! Orphiel wanted the power of the gods, right? Well, with the Ward gone, the gods may try to return to Telara... and when they draw near, Orphiel may try to drain their power. Oh man...

Realm of the Fae, Runic Descent Expert, and Primeval Feast didn't offer enough Atrophinius murdering? He's a running gag at this point. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Not sure, I don't think that was not what Elrar meant when he said Frozen Tempest contained the 'first Crucia encounter'

Bit hard to tell if Regulos comes back since no-one has actually finished the encounter, it's possible you don't kill him because he runs away at 5% HP.
    Interesting.

I sure hope Regulos doesn't try to "run away" or anything like that... it would really ruin the fight. =(

We'll really have to see.

It could be a Regulos-tease fight, or the true defeat of Regulos. Dunno.

We don't even know if the blood storm can even be killed.

Yeah we killed 3 dragons, but did they actually die or just go back to their planes?
    It's never been explained, so it's really open to us having to fight them all again if Trion choose.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    We don't even know if the blood storm can even be killed.

Yeah we killed 3 dragons, but did they actually die or just go back to their planes?
    It's never been explained, so it's really open to us having to fight them all again if Trion choose.
    I think after Laethys dies, Regulos comments that she's come to visit him on the Plane of Death, or something like that.

It's part of my trinity theory:
    Body --> Dead
    Soul --> Brought to Plane of Death and can be reformed into Death Storm Dragons :P
    Spirit --> Scattered as planar power, especially for Greenscale and Akylios

So the raids we've done have taken care of the Body, and the Water Saga, world event, and Ember Isle Zone Event takes care of the Spirit (of Akylios and Greenscale), but their SOULS may be hanging around in the Plane of Death, or even devoured already by Regulos. Depends on where the story goes.

The Plane of Life is definitely in shambles right now. In Storm Legion, there isn't a single Life Rift that actual features invaders from the plane of Life. (Aside from the Hunt Rift Planarchs and Heralds.) It's just the mutants. If I remember correctly, Salvarola's mutants are not indigenous to the Plane of Life, and probably just use it for a conduit of travel.

The Plane of Life is definitely in shambles right now. In Storm Legion, there isn't a single Life Rift that actual features invaders from the plane of Life. (Aside from the Hunt Rift Planarchs and Heralds.) It's just the mutants. If I remember correctly, Salvarola's mutants are not indigenous to the Plane of Life, and probably just use it for a conduit of travel.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. Life is under constant upheaval. I guess we can list the 'rulers' as such:

-?????
    -Greenscale (imprison in Stillmoor)
    -Fae Court (defeat in Silverwood, corruption in Moonshade)
    -Aelfwar (death in Stillmoor)
    -Alltha (disputed)
    -Salvarola (defeat in Storm Legion??)
    -Perhaps a new story once we enter the Planes?

Is Alltha really disputed? Here's my understanding of the Plane of Life lore. (And please correct me if I'm wrong):

Greencale was in power when he came to Telara. He eventually managed to get Hylas and many of the High Elves on his side, which lead to the great High Elf schism that broke off the engagement between Hylas and Shyla.

The Fae Court had already been established when Greenscale came to Telara and Twyl was probably Greenscale's right-hand-man. However, Greenscale ordered Twyl to take Hylas under his (literal) wing and train him. Eventually, Hylas became more powerful then his poor mentor, and the Aelfwar rose to power over the Fae Court.

When the Ascended assaulted the Realm of the Fae, Hylas turned his back on Twyl. I believe that Hylas's arrogance is a natural character flaw of his and he didn't necessarily have anything to gain by letting Twyl die... though this contradicts his submission to Greenscale in the first place. If Hylas is so proud, why did he join Greenscale? I know they explain it, but I forgot the reasoning.

Anyhow, with Twyl dead, the Ascended invaded Greenscale's prison which seemed... understaffed. But I suppose running through the Realm of the Fae and slaughtering everyone would do that.

Whatever, so the Ascended kill Hylas and then Greenscale. The Aelfwar dissipate. (I'm not sure of their fate, though.)

Now, among the survivors of the Fae Court, there is Alltha, and she rises to power. I forget what her mission is though; it's been a long time since I've been in Ember Isle. I'm fairly certain that she became ruler when Greenscale died, though.

And now, with Alltha dead... there's really no one left. Sure, the Heralds, Planarchs, and other miscellaneous creatures of lower status are still in the Plane of Life, but aside from that... it's probably very empty.

Salvarola never took over the Plane of Life. Crucia gave him special manipulation powers in exchange for taking down the Great Barrier. While he was wreaking havoc, Salvarola messed with the Empyrean Core in the Tower of Dawn. And since Empyrean technology is powered by some kind of biomagic, there was an explosion of Life energy. This may have caused the specific plants to grow that would allow Salvarola to turn people into mutants.

It is important to note that Salvarola himself has no powers associated with Life. It is true, we see him shoot some kind of Life energy at Terrik to turn him into a beastlord... but I do not think that is Life energy. I think that just because the particle effect is green doesn't mean that Salvarola is using Life powers. Rather, I think he was channeling a mind-altering spell to goad Terrik into his beastlord rage. So if anything, Salvarola is an agent of the Plane of Air, not Life.

Those are my thoughts, anyways.

He joins Greenscale because Greenscale is strong. Hylas wants strength. Twyl was, in a way, under a test to see if he's even worthy of Hylas' attention. Twyl perhaps thought he could control Hylas, but in fact, corrupting Hylas lead him to take on the survival of the fittest mentality that lead him to abandon Twyl.

But you know all that.

And yeah, the Aelfwar are left down to their leadership by the time they reach Greenscale's prison. The downside of Life is that it eventually exhausts itself and wilts away.

As far as we know, the remaining Aelfwar:
    1)Die off
    2)Possibly still exist, but in very very small numbers (more a token/joke enemy now, so far)
    3)Some or many returned over time to the Vigil. The corruption done to them by magic and more, is lessened now, clearing their heads and awakening them to the stuff they've done.

IMO I think Alltha just tries to take enough power to be a major force, but the zone event shows us smacking her down :P It's kinda like Life is going "Oh, oh! I want to be important!" and Rift goes "No! Go away! This is a Fire and Earth zone! Shoo!"

It's true about Salvarola, but we also see Fire beings that use fire magic, but are controlled by Crucia.

I'm more sure that Salvarola is the major Life force left on Telara, even if he's not representative of some big planar power or Greenscale. I think he's using Life magic, but he's already controlled by Air soooo.

Air and Death are the most powerful because:
    -Death corruption is hugely powerful, whether you're alive (eventually undead under its power though) or dead
    -Air control is hugely powerful, because regardless of your element (except maybe Death), you can be controlled and guided by Air

It's not so much a battle between 'life' and 'death', but moreso entropy vs. conservation. Crucia wants to converse Telara, but at all costs and only really for her own sake, but she can use Fire... Life... Earth... Water... all stacked against Death to make sure she's on top for now, just as she did when she manipulated the other dragons herself.

Life power tends to create mutations - we just never saw it in the form of Beastlords.

Well, one of Crucia's powers is that she can mind control people. We know that she's mind-controlling the Architects of the Plane of Earth (at least the ones that aren't resistant) and she has some minions of the Plane of Fire controlled as well. (I believe they operate in Seratos.) The Plane of Death still has Reggie on top, so Crucia can't grab minions from there. The Plane of Life is virtually empty, so Crucia has no business there. Lastly, there's the Plane of Water... but everyone there is batcrap insane, so that probably makes them innately resistant to mind control.

So although Crucia can have control over denizens of the other elements, I don't think she can personally command their power or give it to Salvarola. She can only bestow the power which she innately posseses: wind, lightning, ice, and manipulation.

Well, one of Crucia's powers is that she can mind control people. We know that she's mind-controlling the Architects of the Plane of Earth (at least the ones that aren't resistant) and she has some minions of the Plane of Fire controlled as well. (I believe they operate in Seratos.) The Plane of Death still has Reggie on top, so Crucia can't grab minions from there. The Plane of Life is virtually empty, so Crucia has no business there. Lastly, there's the Plane of Water... but everyone there is batcrap insane, so that probably makes them innately resistant to mind control.

So although Crucia can have control over denizens of the other elements, I don't think she can personally command their power or give it to Salvarola. She can only bestow the power which she innately posseses: wind, lightning, ice, and manipulation.
    That's just what I was saying. She can control Salva, but Salva is still using the power of Life in his actions.

It's like Crucia feels she has dominion (or ought to have it) over everything, while Regulos prefers to just corrupt and consume it. This includes not just Telara, but the other elements too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast