+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caydin

Thread: Do the Vigil recognize Defiants now?

Ascendant

Default Do the Vigil recognize Defiants now?

I just completed a quest in Turnis River Bunker that required me to /pray. But I don't understand this, as my character is a Defiant, and thus isn't blessed by the Vigil. Did the gods loosen up a little?
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I just completed a quest in Turnis River Bunker that required me to /pray. But I don't understand this, as my character is a Defiant, and thus isn't blessed by the Vigil. Did the gods loosen up a little?
    Good question, I don't think it was ever a question of Defiants believing the Vigil existed, or the Vigil absolutely hating Defiants no matter what, so much as the Defiants thought they could do better off without the gods, so the Vigil had their little temper tantrum and stamped their feet, now they are calming down maybe? The gods were always there, and the Defiant knew it, they just don't care most of the time.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Ascendant

Though it's weird doing that as a Defiant if you keep following the zone's story you'll see that Brother Vance's little "healing ritual" doesn't work. You'll find out why, but it's nothing to do with your toon being Defiant or not.

Yeah, it's just part of the questline....really doesn't have anything to do with the Vigil loosening up.

The people on the new continents both believe in the Vigil and use of powerful technology. They considered it one in the same and, from what I've been told, some tech harnesses the power of the Vigiil.

I'm sure Trion will loosen the discord between Guardian and Defiant since, before the launch of the game, they did live together in Port Scion.
    And since the whole mess with Alsbeth and Aedraxis has been sorted out, there's no REAL reason anymore to have the split anyways.

That's why the new city houses both faction, and how we can group up and do stuff. The lore reasons for the factions were weak at best.
    They are really factions based on beliefs, not really because of a hatred for one another now.

So to summarize. The quest you didn't wasn't about the Guardians beliefs, it was about the people of the new lands beliefs.

Plane Walker

The tech we see in the new content doesnt use sourcestone as a fuel and draws energy directly from the plans. For this reason, and because there is tech that directly links the Vigil to their worshipers, this new tech is not considered heretical. Infact Borrin makes a point that the Guardians should encourage the Defiants to use this tech rather than their Sourcestone tech. The problem seems to be the sourcestone tech is more potent.

As for the Vigil recognizing the Defiants, I dont think it has anything to do with the gods becoming less stricted. Even in Chocolate Rift, Defiant characters recieved blessings and boons from Bravalt in Moonshade and Thedeor in IPP. Its more a case that the Defiant's tech is something considered forbidden. If the Defiant races play by the rules, the Vigil gods seem more open to working with them.

However, if a Defiant prays at the hidden shrine of the vigil in Gloamwood, they are CURSED with a debuff although they still get the Silent Vigil achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    However, if a Defiant prays at the hidden shrine of the vigil in Gloamwood, they are CURSED with a debuff although they still get the Silent Vigil achievement.
    Well you are mechback blasphemous heretics. So, i wouldnt expect much.

Pffft, you're just pretending to pray.

The Vigil are just massive collections of planar energy so its not like they really can read your mind anyway :P

/faction antagonism

keep in mind, that Defiant characters dont worship the Vigil. they Worship other beings.
    This is why they can use the full power of cleric soul heroes of the past.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

+ Reply to Thread