+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Storm Legion - Who's really the bad guy?!?

Soulwalker

Default Storm Legion - Who's really the bad guy?!?

Heya

I'm getting back into rift in anticipation of SL.

And I've just run Exodus of Storm Queen, but it's got me thinking about the Blood storm gods:

Greenscale would see the world descend into anarchy where only the fittest would survive and there'd be no such thing as a friend - the moment you turn your back you'd be dinner. And he would relish it

Akylios wanted oblivion, nothing more nothing less and he'd drag us all down into it, cackling like a tin foil hat wearing madman.

Laethys would only truly be happy watching us all starve to death while she grows fat & rich - we are the 99%.

Maelforge would torture and burn the world to within an inch of its life, then allow it to regrow only so "the lucky" few survivors can be tormented again.

Regulos would simply kill everyone and raise them as mindless twisted corpses to serve him for eternity.

While The Storm Queen wants what?

She just wants to know what you're thinking, and a little bit of complete utter total obedience, BUT look at the rewards we'd get:

The Defiant distrust the Guardians because they believe they are worshiping ineffectual gods, how reassured will they be when their Goddess is in their minds whispering commands to one and all, there'll be no doubt of her existence or power.

The Guardians consider the Defiant to be amoral heretics without conscience how reassured will they be in knowing that all servants of Crucia share the same will, desires and intentions - there will be no secrets no distrust - complete peace of mind.

Crucia will bring a peace & harmony to Telara like never before, yes there may be a little collateral damage but isn't it worth it? I mean the Defiant & Guardians are currently knocking seven bells out of each other as it is...

... So come on everyone let's back the right horse in this race!!
    Storm Legion where do i sign up!

Ascendant

Violentbush is a cultist!! kill him! keeel him now!!!

also you call me an amoral heretic without conscience like you think its a bad thing

Rift Disciple

Crucia is ... interesting. Except for Akylios-who's mad by default- she's the hardest to understand. Remember, she ALWAYS has another plan. ALWAYS. Plans within plans within plans. Sure, you may think it's great to have her control everything.

Control mind you, not just 'know our thoughts,' control. Utter complete control. Of everything. Always. That's what Crucia is like. She was scary enough when she was 'bound.' But imagining her free?

Bah, what good are rewards when you no longer have any choices? What good are peace and harmony when you have no choices? And once she has control of Telara, more control not just what she already has, there's this little thing called the Infinity Gate. It's how she got here the first time, and it'll probably be how she'd leave. To take over other realms completely, always to her plans.

That's why she's evil. Besides, what's to say that she isn't already in control of every major decision?

Crucia is the leader of the Bildeberg group, she already controls you.

/tinfoil hat
    Nope.

Listen to yourself! You're indoctrinated!

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Crucia is the leader of the Bildeberg group, she already controls you.

/tinfoil hat
    Of course she is. She is a Dragon and all the members of the Group are are genetically descended from a race of 12-foot, blood-drinking, shape-shifting lizards. Just ask David Icke.

In all seriousness I do believe that Regulos is really the only one who is out to destroy worlds and since he is the most overt powerful they follow.

*Maelforge really is just looking for a good fight, the worlds getting destroyed are just collateral damage.

*Akylios is completely insane but he would not destroy the world, it would simply become a constantly morphing nightmare world under his rule.

*Greenscale as you say would create a world of Darwinism on crack.

*Laethys as you say is concerned about wealth BUT I think it would be like a giant protection racket. Think the dreams of 19th Century Robber Barons, again on crack, but you don't kill the peeps giving you the gilder.

*Crucia is simply about power and dominion. However she attempts to achieve this through manipulation. She, to my mind, is like the Wicked Step Mother in Snow White or Jadis in the Narnia books. They will do what is necessary and don whatever mask they feel is needed to gain what they seek, adoration and dominion over all.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Soulwalker

Default Really?

Really? Do you want to re-tell your story violent? This is why... When the gods of the blood storm came the wanted to rule Telara and the only one who wanted to destroy it was Regulos. The reason why is because the dragons/gods want to mae telara into their own image(except for Regulos).The reason why they want to make Telara into their own image is because it is the only world where the planes the dragons control can get into. So that is why. Want proof? Look at the World tab on the home page then look at History/Planes.

The problem with that is that is numerous cases the stuff on that page has been disproven and revealed to be little more than propaganda. You need to look at what the various beings/factions etc say IN game to see the reality.

The best example is the Eth. The Eth state on the page and in various places that they destroyed their Empire tearfully to save it from the blood storm. Via quests you find out that the Empire was destroyed when the Bloodstorm corrupted a ritual that would have in essence turned the Eth into Ascended and/or gods.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Master

What Crucia wants is control/domination. She wants to be the undisputed Queen of all Telara (and probably the entire universe, since the Blood Storm came from elsewhere). I'm reminded of a line in Lord of the Rings, where Galadriel is telling Frodo what would happen if he gave her the ring:

In place of the Dark Lord, you will set up a Queen, and I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night. Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain...all shall love me and despair!
    It sounds like Crucia wants a darker, eviler version of that. She wants everyone to worship her beauty and brilliance, by force/domination if necessary. So basically she's like that spoiled rich girl who wants to be the center of attention

That is pretty much Jadis to a "T"

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I find it very funny that Regulos inadvertently has ended up helping us by stealing crucia's key.

*giggle*

Oh and Crucia.. She wants complete power and control over Telara and any alternate version of it. I for one welcome our new supreme overlord.. *bows*
    Last edited by Talila; 11-12-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Crucia
    Estrode in Hammerknell
    The "sultry siren"s (Yes, that's the actual NPC name) in Primeval Feast

Somebody at Trion's into femdom and has a mind control fetish, methinks.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 11-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

While peace by total obedience does have value, that's only if you're ruling something mindless with no will of its own or insufficient cognition to care or have desires.

Ever read Animorphs? With the slug-like alien Yerks (or was it Yeerks...)?
    Sure, on the surface you think it'd be awesome to have a massive hivemind alien race dominating the world with peace and unified goals.

Until you realize everyone's screaming on the inside.

When Crucia makes you kneel, remember Thedeor:
    Live free and die standing!
    Last edited by Morvick; 11-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Shadowlander

Maybe so but right now fighting Crucia isn't even in our best interests. She seems to show little or no interest in us and is more concerned with Regulos who is the biggest threat we have. Remember everything we kill goes to him and makes him stronger.

If anything we should be slightly helping her while at the same time getting ready to fight her when she is done with Regulos. Just like how the allies were with the Soviets in WW2. Basically make them fight each other to exhaustion and then mop up what is left over afterwards.
    My views are my own and do not reflect the views of my guild, friends or other guardians.

Plane Walker

Auram and Crucia I think as well wishes to have our dreams.

The Colonel Dragas now says, since her visit from Crucia, that Crucia is trying to save not just this world but the Cosmos itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast