+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: religious undertones with gardions "WHY"

Rift Disciple

Pretty much what everyone else said.

A) It's a game. A fantasy game. With frickin' flying elves and giant tattooed purple guys who have Air Elementals instead of an Uncle Joe.

B) Both factions are deeply flawed, which is what makes them awesome.

C) The Vigil is real. They're there. They resurrected the Guardian Ascended and gave them superpowers. So it's not as if they're all worshiping some incomprehensible ideal of a god and drinking the Kool-Aid.

Well they are drinking the Kool aid and following incomprehensible gods. They just know as fact these incomprehensible beings exist
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Disciple

Was talking more in a sense of they're not waiting for the "mother ship" to show up.

just as Defiants and GuardiAns are at metaphorical opposite ends of the theological divide ... O and A are at opposite ends of a keyboard ...

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    just as Defiants and GuardiAns are at metaphorical opposite ends of the theological divide ... O and A are at opposite ends of a keyboard ...
    Cool story bra.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspider View Post
    why is there so much religious undertones with Gard's seems to be praise this and that worship this and that

is this not abit like zombies been done to much allot of chat iv seen in game has been very anti Gard due in part to the religious undertones.

what was the thinking behind going down that road
    If I was guardian leader from a rp perspective I would have taken care of the defiant, because they would be heretics.

Not because I feared them, or they were a threat, but because from that perspective they would be distasteful, there view vulgar...an offense. To protect way of life, and preserve what aesthetics and magic there was in the world.

It would not be there weapons that troubled me but what I would view as corrupted unpragmatic ideas hurting others, creating chaos.

Even as I acknowledged some of the value of a few, points they had, like: will, independence a self sufficiency,creativty, all things they gods would prize as well.

I would have contacted the gods and petitioned them, to listen.

I would have called for a temporary alliance, for mutual benefit, of possible allies and even foes untill it was over, the Aelfwar....all the dragon gods even Regulos, in the beginning of the story.

All the planes, all good all evil, all powers. Fae, goblin armies.

I would have tried to unite and crushed them, while eating them up from the inside with temptations, and rewards. Myarting the fallen, focusing on incidents that would make the defiants fall out of favor with there leaders.

The highelves would welcome Kalri with open arms, like lost brothers and sisters. The defiant would come off looking monstrous with little romance or glamor.

I would have made a knights Templar sect and started a inquisition, I would have glamorized it. Mitagated its actions, and had a reason for everything, made it seem like self defence from a perspective even the common defiant citizen would understand.

Every society has its atrocity's wrongdoings secrets and sins...I would sniff them out be virtue of the messengers of the vigil, and lay the out like a desiccated specimen, for the common mans observations while making it seem it just came out on its own.

The official guardian stance on this issues might even be forgiving sympathetic, yet willing to help with the problems created.

While aiding those Defiants, in a manner there own people would not, while destroying others selectively, accepted as justifiably by many on both sides.

I would have issued a decree and taken in the defiants that wanted and and used there Tech, infused it with divine power and used it for the glory of the gods,and for the ascended. To create a better world.

Every propaganda tool the defiant used would turn like a great serpent in there hand to strike back at them...in another context every garden has at least one in any case. Lol

Made it our own, assimilated there culture like the Romans did,..while adapting it.

Afterwards when the temp alliance was over some might stay, others, well...at least they would be playing the game and be are own, even in war. and not harmful others, outsiders...outside the system order and its lords and ladies, gods and goddess...kings and queens.

Of course there would be betrayal, attempts at usurping, that is a given, with all the individual agendas, but it would be an expected thing at least and therefore partially foreseen and planed for.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-03-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread.
    :Bemused

No problem, guy it was my sincere pleasure!

BTW the topic is no less relevant now than ever, and its fun to think strategy, or just amuse yourself, hats what games are all about and by extension a game forum.

Its only a bad necro if the topic is out of date, meaning not just older but no longer relevant, inaccurate, misleading, but the lore on this is more or less the same as it ever was.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4