+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By hardy83
  • 2 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By Pett

Thread: Confuzzled, Help, Kinda a lore/that doesnt make sense :)

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Eliera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default Confuzzled, Help, Kinda a lore/that doesnt make sense :)

    Ok, so today on the live stream, one of the new commentaries at the end of the new dungeon, crucia says "my brother regulos"

    Im confused on the fact that i thought they had mated, and were lovers/mates or previously were, so now is he her brother? or do we have a brother sister thing going on? o.O i found a post about the cult saga quests, where they said they had mated, so if sumone could clear this up *curious* :3

  2. #2
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliera View Post
    Ok, so today on the live stream, one of the new commentaries at the end of the new dungeon, crucia says "my brother regulos"

    Im confused on the fact that i thought they had mated, and were lovers/mates or previously were, so now is he her brother? or do we have a brother sister thing going on? o.O i found a post about the cult saga quests, where they said they had mated, so if sumone could clear this up *curious* :3
    All the Bloodstorm Dragons are referred to as siblings, and they view themselves as such
    However they arent true siblings though, being from different planes and all. and there is no Brother/Sister thing going on, in the way that you thought ;). However, just like Maelforge and Leathys they have history. Although it prob. wasnt love :P(like Mealforge does love Leathys) Seeing that Crucia just manipulate, and Regolus prob just tried to get an advantage over her with it or something like that
    Last edited by NearioNL; 10-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I'm no lore hound but i believe you are thinking of maelforge and laethys "mating".
    crucia and regulos are indeed brother and sister but I don't think any dragonian incest has been happening.
    I could be wrong though, I hope I'm not, but I could be.
    Last edited by Genesis1; 10-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    insert pretentious historical quote here
    insert numbers with slashes in between here

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    638

    Default

    I guess 'brother' in this context could refer to their species, rather than a relationship of blood.

    Remember also, that Regulos refered to the other dragons as 'my treacherous siblings' in RoS (after you defeat Alsbeth.

    In that case, siblings would mean 'my kind.' Now the dragons could have relations, but I do not think they would have the same taboo system that we have.

  5. #5
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    They aren't actually dragons. That is their physical manifestation on Telara.
    We don't actually know what their true form is.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    I guess 'brother' in this context could refer to their species, rather than a relationship of blood.

    Remember also, that Regulos refered to the other dragons as 'my treacherous siblings' in RoS (after you defeat Alsbeth.

    In that case, siblings would mean 'my kind.' Now the dragons could have relations, but I do not think they would have the same taboo system that we have.
    Agreed.

    Maelforge + Laethys

    Crucia + Regulos (a messed up relationship...)

    Akylios is babbling in the corner.

    Greenscale is /foreveralone

  7. #7
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliera View Post
    so now is he her brother? or do we have a brother sister thing going on? o.O i found a post about the cult saga quests, where they said they had mated, so if sumone could clear this up *curious* :3
    They are from Arkansas.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  8. #8
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Hardy was right- they aren't actually dragons; this is only their form on this world. Who knows what they actually are. Who knows what the Vigil actually are for that matter. What do Telarans consider "gods" to be?

    But yeah, as far as I know, Mael and Laeth did get in on in some regard for some exchange of some kind.

    "Siblings" is meant not in a literal sense, but yeah, more in a sense of "my kind" or "of my tribe"

    I seem to remember the Wanton Maw referring to themselves as such too. As brothers, I mean.

    Wonton Maw. Hee!

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple GothWulfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliera View Post
    Ok, so today on the live stream, one of the new commentaries at the end of the new dungeon, crucia says "my brother regulos"

    Im confused on the fact that i thought they had mated, and were lovers/mates or previously were, so now is he her brother? or do we have a brother sister thing going on? o.O i found a post about the cult saga quests, where they said they had mated, so if sumone could clear this up *curious* :3
    Yes, Crucia and Regulos are brother and sister as well as mates. Think of it like the ancient Egyptian pharaohs...it was quite common for brother and sister to marry. Different cultural systems don't necessarily have the same taboos that we have.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple GothWulfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    *snip*

    "Siblings" is meant not in a literal sense, but yeah, more in a sense of "my kind" or "of my tribe"
    Just wondering why people seem to assume this. If it is solely on the fact that each of them has ties to a different plane, then it is rather spurious reasoning. Take for example the Olympians. Zeus would be tied to the Plane of Air...Poseidon to the Plane of Water...Hades to the Plane of Death....Hestia to the Plane of Fire....Demeter to the Plane of Earth and Hera to the Plane of Life....but they are STILL siblings, regardless.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara utterchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GothWulfe View Post
    Yes, Crucia and Regulos are brother and sister as well as mates. Think of it like the ancient Egyptian pharaohs...it was quite common for brother and sister to marry. Different cultural systems don't necessarily have the same taboos that we have.


    Game of thrones touched on the very subject as well. Brother and sister married to keep strong bloodlines pure etc...
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

  12. #12
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GothWulfe View Post
    Just wondering why people seem to assume this. If it is solely on the fact that each of them has ties to a different plane, then it is rather spurious reasoning. Take for example the Olympians. Zeus would be tied to the Plane of Air...Poseidon to the Plane of Water...Hades to the Plane of Death....Hestia to the Plane of Fire....Demeter to the Plane of Earth and Hera to the Plane of Life....but they are STILL siblings, regardless.
    No, just because they're all evil malicious lying bastards, mainly. Nothing to do with their planar associations, but by their character. Why, they are all thick as thieves...

    Though if it ended up they are traditional siblings, hey, I'm fine with that too. Though I'm not sure that's possible in their true forms...
    Last edited by ilex011; 10-30-2012 at 12:35 AM.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by utterchaos View Post
    Game of thrones touched on the very subject as well. Brother and sister married to keep strong bloodlines pure etc...
    Well.... if by pure you mean 1 eyed 13 fingered freaks i guess.

    Im curious about the OP's point tho - They're evil, pure evil. Why would they ever conform to any moral framework we have?

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple GothWulfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Well.... if by pure you mean 1 eyed 13 fingered freaks i guess.

    Im curious about the OP's point tho - They're evil, pure evil. Why would they ever conform to any moral framework we have?
    Actually it was done for centuries among the royal egyptian <and other> royal bloodline.....hells, even today, almost all of the noble bloodlines are related rather closely, and they intermarry all the time.

    As for your second point, it has nothing to do with them being "evil". Look at pretty much ANY pantheon, both present and past. Quite a few of your "pantheonic power couples" were related. Zeus and his wife Hera were brother and sister, as were Isis and Osiris....for that matter, look at christianity today, Jesus is commonly accepted as "God on earth", meaning he is his own father....Divinities don't HAVE to worry about petty things like genetics and reinforcing negative traits <which, in case you didn't realize, is really all that the whole "don't have a kid with your brother/sister/mother/father" thing is really about> and when you don't have to worry about such things, why would you have a taboo against it?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts