+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Maeloda
  • 2 Post By Xillean
  • 1 Post By Morvick

Thread: Any one else annoyed?

Default Any one else annoyed?

Okay I saw 1.10 was bringing cross faction play. I saw a new world event. So I am like "I can't WAIT to see the lore and quests that start having Guardians and Defiant working together in spite of the pronouncements of the powers that be. "

AND I SAW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like they waved a magic wand and DING we hold hands singing 'Kumbia.' Any one else the least bit annoyed?
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

It'll probably be a factor in 1.11 and storm legion. This event didn't bring much lore to begin with, it's just messing around with Atrophinius.

Do the epic fire saga.

Ascendant

wait wait wait wait.. There is an epic fire saga? HOLD THE PHONE! when did this happen and how do I start it? I've already done the water and almost finished the life. I know that the Death is Defiant only. Is there also one for earth? I'm asuming any air will come after the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    wait wait wait wait.. There is an epic fire saga? HOLD THE PHONE! when did this happen and how do I start it? I've already done the water and almost finished the life. I know that the Death is Defiant only. Is there also one for earth? I'm asuming any air will come after the expansion.
    Bit off topic but, nice to see ur still writing! Totally forgot about ur blog when realllife became a bit important couple of months ago. Been reading the blog since the end of januari! Keep it goin!
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Ascendant

OOOH! Thank you very much! Its always a surprise when people tell me they are reading. A pleasnt surprise - and even better when you say you're enjoying the story.

Does the Epic Fire Saga only appear if you didn't do it during the world event? In Meridian, is it those soldiers near the Instant Adventures guy?

I say they add an achievement for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Does the Epic Fire Saga only appear if you didn't do it during the world event? In Meridian, is it those soldiers near the Instant Adventures guy?

I say they add an achievement for it as well.
    I believe that's right, in Sanctum they are up top near the trainers for guardians. And yeah I am seriously disappointed in no achievements for doing the Fire Saga.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I believe that's right, in Sanctum they are up top near the trainers for guardians. And yeah I am seriously disappointed in no achievements for doing the Fire Saga.
    Come on Trion! At least include 1 achievement in the Cult Saga section! (I'd prefer 1 for each step of the thing though)

Ascendant

So it's the quest that sent me to kill x number of earth rifts and get the orders .. thats no fun. no story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    So it's the quest that sent me to kill x number of earth rifts and get the orders .. thats no fun. no story at all.
    Well it's not actually a saga, just a world event quest (a Trion dev has confirmed that it isn't a "saga") But it does have a very very important story to it. It's just that not all parts of the quest show that story. If you only got to the earth/fire rift orders quest then you didn't get far in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    Well it's not actually a saga, just a world event quest (a Trion dev has confirmed that it isn't a "saga") But it does have a very very important story to it. It's just that not all parts of the quest show that story. If you only got to the earth/fire rift orders quest then you didn't get far in at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar
    It's been decided these quests will be staying around as the Epic Fire Saga - we might need to do some tinkering so it might vanish temporarily after the event but our plan is to make it a permanent chain

Also - as a heads up to everyone, we're extending the 1.8 World Event another week to May 24th. We know not everyone has had a chance to check it out yet and didn't want you to feel rushed!

Cheers,
    According to Elrar it is the Fire Saga, and if memory serves right Tacitus also called it the Fire Saga, which dev did you see say otherwise?

Edit: Found Tacitus saying its the Fire Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus
    Exactly.

It was the main story arc quest line from a world event, and it was all fire themed. People really liked it and wanted to see it made as part of the permanent game. So it has been adjusted to stand alone and is now reintroduced as the fire saga.
    Just give us some achievements for it if it is indeed the Fire Saga, I was looking forward to titles like: Emberlord, The Singed, and Lord of Flame or something along those lines for completing the entire thing.
    Last edited by Xillean; 10-13-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Fire Saga? Hell, I screwed up on the Water Saga and am now "stranded" with no way to progress it. Nothing's in my Quest Log. I'm determined to finish them all if I can, though. =[

As to X-Faction cooperation, the 1.11 Patch is mostly gameplay-based, to allow us to adjust to the new Soul mechanics.
    I'm certain the reduction of the barriers between Factions will be a large element of Storm Legion lore, if not whatever Saga(s) takes place there.

Frankly I feel like the decision to be a Guardian is holding less and less validity, the less we see about the Gods or have that aspect of the Lore explained. There's oh so much science-fantasy, not enough theological fantasy.
    Hoping the Guardian quests (if there is to be a distinction) deal heavily with the Ward, Messengers, and Vigil.
    And here's hoping the Defiant finally learn why/what happened to Orphiel in the Terminus future, and what that sliver of him is currently doing in the timestream.
    Last edited by Morvick; 10-28-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread