+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Hulmaster
  • 1 Post By Sethantes
  • 2 Post By Pett

Thread: What was Konstantin guarding?

Default What was Konstantin guarding?

Has this been revealed yet? I feel like it has and I've forgotten. I'm thinking it was a back door to HK but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining that or not.

It can't be a back door to HK, it's way too far away from moonshade. I did king's breach like 10 times today it feels like, so I'd like to know as well...
    Last edited by Venditte; 09-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Ascendant

I always figured it was a piece of Regulos. Like how Black Garden has the Fang of Regulos, but some other piece of him. I figure that's evil enough for it to be boundless.

Perhaps it is the best tasting cake?
    I have to agree with the guy above me, Regulous is such a baddie that sealing him like Greenscale wont do the trick, so Vigil must have spread his parts to minimize his power before sealing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    I always figured it was a piece of Regulos. Like how Black Garden has the Fang of Regulos, but some other piece of him. I figure that's evil enough for it to be boundless.
    Let's not mention it. You know how there is a fang of Regulos, Eye of Regulus, Claws of Regulos, Abdomen of Regulos ...

I wonder if there be similar things coming this SL for Crucia. Like Eye of Crucia, Hands of Crucia, Cleavage of Crucia etc. etc.

It was the heart of Regulos, right? Part of the first epic quest storyline.

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Ah, looking it up it seems you're correct and that it was revealed during the Guardian saga chain. Thanks man, that's been bugging me.

Rift Disciple

He was guarding the heart of Regulos. A bit of spoiler from the guardian epic life quest:

After the ward was put up, the dwarves of Lord's Hall were entrusted with keeping the heart of Regulos. The king of Lord's Hall was entrusted the key to the chamber that they locked it into. Borrin Gammult was the last king of Lord's Hall. With him was the key to the vault of secrets, where the heart is/was kept.

The complication here is that Borrin and all of Lord's Hall died. All of Lord's Hall was mobilized to stop Aedraxis-you meet Borrin in the Guardian starting zone-and they were killed when Aedraxis decided it was a good idea to open a death rift on top his enemies.

As part of the life quest you bathe the blade of light that was first used to 'kill' Lord Greenscale in the ichor of the heart of Regulos, making an anti-life weapon that can be used to finally kill Greenscale.

Now as far as who/what Konstantin is? I'm guessing a soul of a dwarf put into a construct to eternally guard the breach chamber. Inside of which is the Vault of Secrecy, where the heart is actually fermenting.

Hope that answers your question.
    Here's the quest link:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/quest/6788144...-the-Destroyer

edit: great, while I was writing all that out Juddo went ahead and actually told the answer.
    Last edited by hijienx; 09-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Yup, Guardians would release the Heart with a special key, and fight a shade of Regulos to make the Heart vulnerable. Then they coated a holy Blade in the blood, to craft a weapon capable of actually banishing Greenscale's soul.

On an unrelated note, the Konstantin fight took forever to master the first time, and I gained a healthy respect for men who lock themselves in spike-filled rooms. I think I died 11 or 12 times in a row as the tank, trying to figure out how to dance through those traps and get the rhythm and positioning down.

(Konstantin is a Mathosian, evidenced by his whirlwind emote called "Mathosian Fury" that hits like a truck if it hits you at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Sword of Telara

I find this thread very interesting. As a Defiant I always wondered about this, since this guy seemed important but as far as I could tell had no relation to anything in the "outside" world.

I (re)learned something today! Neat!

I can't wait to solo this boss as a raid geared Lv 60 Kelari.

Champion of Telara

The Lore about him is all a distraction...

In truth, he's guarding all the bacon

+ Reply to Thread