+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By Gamelord1

Thread: What Is The History Behind The Conquest Factions?

  1. #1
    Telaran Gamelord1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default What Is The History Behind The Conquest Factions?

    Okay, so I have heard of them from the video and know why they fight however, I don't know anything more than that.

    Here is the list of questions I have about there history that I hope can be answered.
    1: Who were there founders?

    2: When were they founded?

    3: How did these new factions get the defiants and guardians who hate each other (players have shown some hostilities to the other faction I have noticed as well) to work for the same goal when they are fighting it out on Telara?

    4: How long was it before these factions showed hostility to each other?
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.


    Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

  2. #2
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    Okay, so I have heard of them from the video and know why they fight however, I don't know anything more than that.

    Here is the list of questions I have about there history that I hope can be answered.
    1: Who were there founders?

    2: When were they founded?

    3: How did these new factions get the defiants and guardians who hate each other (players have shown some hostilities to the other faction I have noticed as well) to work for the same goal when they are fighting it out on Telara?

    4: How long was it before these factions showed hostility to each other?
    1) dont know

    2) dont know the exact time in the timeline, but it was after the guardians and defiants defeated Regolus, and with him the complete bloodstorm.

    3) They didnt. After defeating the bloodstorm both the Guardians and Defiants were at a loss how they should continue. Dont forget the Guardians and Defiants did accept eachother for a long time, the only thing between them is ideology.
    Since no one knew how to move on, this made it so that other ideologies could rise and gain followers.
    3 of the more popular ideologies, between all ascended, survived and replaced the old 2 factions.

    4) again I dont know. I would assume it started the second that they could only farm Stillmoor for sourcestone. We dont have acces to the timetables of the other timelines.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  3. #3
    Telaran Gamelord1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hmm.

    With conquest out they should start releasing more of there history which will majorly help for role playing.

    This sparks new questions though.

    1: If I remember correctly these factions are made up of both Guardians and Defiants and they have to be aware of the hostility between these 2 factions so, there members being made up of this did it ever cause fights?

    2: How do they hope in accomplishing there goals when they don't seem to be doing any better off then the original 2 factions?

    3: I know they are still new and all but, how come there is never any mention of them by NPC from quests or such?
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.


    Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

  4. #4
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    Hmm.

    With conquest out they should start releasing more of there history which will majorly help for role playing.

    This sparks new questions though.

    1: If I remember correctly these factions are made up of both Guardians and Defiants and they have to be aware of the hostility between these 2 factions so, there members being made up of this did it ever cause fights?

    2: How do they hope in accomplishing there goals when they don't seem to be doing any better off then the original 2 factions?

    3: I know they are still new and all but, how come there is never any mention of them by NPC from quests or such?
    Yeah you are right, beside that I love lore, and always want more. but truth to be told somtimes its more enjoyable to debate it, and fantasize a bit.

    1) I am sure there were in-faction fighting. As with all "new powers" there is always the struggle to the top, to push your own version of the ideology.
    At the start of this period I could see hostilities between Guardians and Defiants, but only by those with deeply hatred to eachother. Dont forget that a lot of the Guardians and Defiants just want the best for Telara, and not perse the defeat of the other faction.

    2) Same as in the real world. Why does the UN think they can do what no-one did in over 2000 years?

    3) Traveling to other timelines is something new in the world of Telara. I honestly dont think the "regular plebs" already know we can do it. It could cause chaos. In my opinion only the top tier of both factions have this information. Most NPC questgivers are not part of that.
    2nd to that: The Questgivers as they are now, all are from before the timeline travel. In fact most of the current quest are done in the time before we could travel to another timeline.
    There is an ambassador from the NF-faction(prob. the others as well) in Meridian(prob. Sanctum as well) though
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  5. #5
    Telaran Gamelord1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    "Yeah you are right, beside that I love lore, and always want more. but truth to be told somtimes its more enjoyable to debate it, and fantasize a bit."

    I agree with that.


    "Don't forget that a lot of the Guardians and Defiants just want the best for Telara, and not perse the defeat of the other faction."

    With how it is now that time is very hard to imagine though I wish I was there for it.


    "Same as in the real world. Why does the UN think they can do what no-one did in over 2000 years?"

    This made me laugh out loud in the real world :P


    "Traveling to other timelines is something new in the world of Telara. I honestly dont think the "regular plebs" already know we can do it. It could cause chaos. In my opinion only the top tier of both factions have this information. Most NPC questgivers are not part of that.
    2nd to that: The Questgivers as they are now, all are from before the timeline travel. In fact most of the current quest are done in the time before we could travel to another timeline."

    Hmm, I do agree it would cause chaos though how the ascended can keep it bottled up when mortals see pretty much everything we do is beyond me lol.

    The part about questing in alternate times while remaining in our own timeline (as I interpret it) is very confusing though I think I got the general idea of it.

    What it sounds like is technically we are not questing in present day where there is timeline travel but, in the past somewhat before it was discovered.
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.


    Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

  6. #6
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    What it sounds like is technically we are not questing in present day where there is timeline travel but, in the past somewhat before it was discovered.
    This indeed. all regelar quest any way
    10men raids are other timelines, so those quest are after the discovery obviously
    The return to Ember Isle is after the discovery, but not much mention of it there as well
    Infernal Dawn was after the discovery, since being on EI

    Simple put(altough not entirely accurate)
    All normal 1-50 questing, in the original world(Telara minus Ember Isle), is before the discovery of timeline travel
    All past lv50 questing(of lv50 quests, naturally ) is after the discovery
    Last edited by NearioNL; 08-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  7. #7
    Telaran Gamelord1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hmm......

    That is very interesting indeed and very cleverly arranged by Trion lol.

    Thanks for your help and hopefully they release the information for the question you couldn't answer.
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.


    Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts